How to Use Dropbox to Backup Files from Computer, Android and iOS?
If you are a Mac or iOS device user, Apple's iCloud can do you a big favor to do data backup and synchronization. But since iCloud is coming from Apple iOS, it would be good of nothing for those who are using Microsoft Windows, Android smartphones, etc. That's to say, if you are a Microsoft Windows or Android user, you need to look for another tool to help you do the files backup job. Dropbox is right here! It works on every platform and it can be a data synchronizer to backup overall files you like from all types of devices. In the following passage, we'll show you how to use Dropbox to backup files from PC or Mac, Android or iDevice.
1. Download and install the Dropbox on your PC.
2. Sign in your Dropbox account and if you have no Dropbox account, you need to create one. By default, "Dropbox" folder will appear on your desktop, the location of Dropbox is: C:\Users\Computer Name\Documents\Dropbox.
3. To back up important files from computer to Dropbox, you just need to directly drop and drop these files into the folder and these added files will be automatically uploaded to Dropbox website server.
Note: You can also backup Android files to computer, or import files from computer to Android by using Coolmuster Android Assistant. People in need can refer to the detailed guide: How to transfer files between Samsung and computer., which is also suitable for other types of Android devices.
1. Download the Dropbox app from Google Play.
2. Launch Dropbox and login your Dropbox account.
3. Navigate to the "Files" folder, open it and you will see a "+" button at the bottom-right. Just click on the "+" button and choose "Upload files" option in the pop-up menu.
4. Preview and tick off the files that you want to backup and click the "UPLOAD" button to start syncing.
1. Launch the Dropbox program on your iPhone or iPad and sign in your Dropbox account.
2. Turn to the top-right corner of the program interface to click the three dots option.
3. Choose the option of "Upload files" and you are allowed to backup photos stored in iOS device or data in iCloud Drive.
4. Tick off those files you want to backup and hit the "UPLOAD" button to finish the backup task.