[Fixed] Can't Connect to WhatsApp on Android
Since you are here, you must encounter with the WhatsApp connection problem. No matter it is your Android phone cannot connect to WhatsApp, or WhatsApp cannot work properly via mobile data or WiFi connection, it would be quite annoying when the connection problem happens. Then, why such kind of WhatsApp connection problem happen?
Reason 1. The network connection is weak or your Android phone cannot connect to the Internet.
Reason 2. It is because of WhatsApp service which goes down temporarily.
Well, if it is because of the reason 1 above, you can do nothing. But if it is due to reason 2, you can follow the tips in the below to solve the WhatsApp connection problem on your Android device.
1. Check and make sure your Android device has connected to a strong network.
2. Turn off your Android phone and restart it.
3. Reboot your Wi-Fi router.
4. Go to Google Play Store to see whether there is a update for WhatsApp. If there is, update it.
1. Go to the main screen of your Android phone and tap the options: Settings > More > Airplane mode. Toggle the button off and back to on.
2. If you are using WiFi connection, please click Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and on again.
3. Tap Wi-Fi > menu icon > Advanced and choose to keep Wi-Fi on during sleep mode.
4. If you are using cellular data, please click Settings > Data Usage and toggle Cellular data off and on again.
5. Tap Data usage > Network restrictions and make sure there is no WiFi network restricted.
1. Go to the main screen of your Android phone and choose Settings.
2. Select the "WiFi" option.
3. Highlight the Wi-Fi network that you can't use and choose Forget.
4. Enter the password again to reconnect to this Wi-Fi.
If WhatsApp doesn't work on cellular data network but other apps can work, you need to contact with your carrier to ask whether your carrier set up your wireless access points to block certain chat applications or internet APN is missing in your APN settings. Your carrier will help you solve these problems.