How to Transfer Photos Between Android Phone and Computer?
We may encounter two problems in dealing with photos captured and saved in our mobile phones, which lead to your need to copy photos between Android phone and computer. One problem is that too many pictures would take up much memory space of a phone and once there is insufficient room of a phone, the running speed would be slow down and you can not put other more files into the phone. The other problem is just these precious pictures could be lost due to various unexpected reasons, such as accidental deletion, device formatting, file corruption, virus infection on the phone, etc. Also there are times that you find beautiful pictures on the web and want to save them to your phone for background image.
Following are several ways to solve the above two problems and help transferring these valuable photos between Android mobile phones and computer with ease.
Solution 1: Copy Photos between Android and Computer with Android Assistant
Solution 2: Transfer Android Photos to/from Computer with Mobile Transfer
Solution 3: Copy and Paste Photos from Android to PC
Solution 4: Backup Android Photos with DropBox
Solution 5: Backup Android Photos with Google+
Then, is there any third-party software that can help us transfer photos and other files between an Android phone and a computer? Coolmuster Android Assistant (for Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista) or Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac (Mac OS X 10.10 or later) is the best choice for user to pick up. Simply via USB cable, all files in your Android phone can be detected and displayed in the main interface of the software. You will be fully able to transfer target photos from your phone to computer, and download images from web or your computer local to your phone with only 1 mouse click.
And much more than that. Coolmuster Android Assistant can also help you transfer and edit contacts on computer, send text messages from computer to any mobile phone much easily. The powerful software works with all Android brands like Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, ZTE, etc.. The following guide is based on Windows version. If you are using a Mac, you can download the Mac version and go through the same transfer process on your Mac OS X.
Step 1. Launch this program after installation
After you download and install the Android Transfer software on your computer, launch it and use a USB cable to connect your Android mobile phone to the computer. Once the connection is successful, the program will detect it automatically. And if it is the first time to run this software, you may need to enable USB debugging on your phone at first. If you have done it already, you can directly skip to the next step.
Step 2: Choose the photos for transferring
From the left side menu, you can see all the files in your Android phone will show in categories. Click the "Photos" > "Phone Gallery" icons from the left and you will enter the corresponding window. All the contained pictures in your phone will show in list in the right-side window. Mark the photos you want to transfer to your computer and click the button of "Export". Or, you can click "Add" button to copy photos from computer to your phone.
Step 3. Start to transfer selected photos at once
Then, you will be popped up with a "Path" choosing dialog from which you can specify an output location for saving the exported photos and movies. Click the "Ok" button and the transfer process will begin at once. As well, user can select or create a new public folder to store the pictures on computer.
We also provide you another solution to transfer photos between your Android phone and computer. It is Coolmuster Mobile Transfer or Mobile Transfer for Mac, which is specially designed to transfer data between two mobile phones. You can also use it to backup your photos, videos, music, contacts, text messages and apps from Android to computer, and restore the backup file from computer back to your Android phone with very short time. Next, we will show you how to use the Mobile Transfer to copy photos between Android phone and computer.
Download the Mobile Transfer from the buttons below:
Step 1. Have the Mobile Transfer set up and double click to open it. Connect your Android device to the computer and the program will detect the connected phone as soon as the connection is successful.
Step 2. Choose "Back Up Your Phone" option to enter the backup window. All kinds of data will be listed under the name of your phone. Click "Photos" and all the image details will show up. Select your wanted ones and click "Start" button to backup them on your computer.
Step 3. Next time, you can connect your new Android device to the computer and go to the main interface of the program and choose "Restore from Backups" option. select the backup files from your computer and click "Start" button to restore them back to you phone.
The premise is that you need to store photos on your phone's SD card. The SD card can be moved to expand the memory. Therefore, by storing photos in the SD, even if the mobile device is damaged, we can use the following steps to restore and backup photos by connecting the SD card to any device.
1. Connect your Android device to your computer via USB.
2. After the connection is successful, open My Computer or start My Computer from the Start menu.
3. Double-click the Android device in the list and double-click on the internal storage or SD card, then select the photos you want, drag them and place them on your computer.
If you are concerned about losing important mobile data, one of the convenient solutions is to back up your files to Dropbox. You can directly back up and restore Android device videos and pictures to the Dropbox folder. Dropbox will provide 2GB of free space for you to store data. Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Initially, download and install the latest version of Dropbox for Android devices from the Google Play Store. If you are installing this application for the first time, it will ask you to set the Dropbox settings. You need to create an account or click "Register". If you already have an account, you can click "Login" directly.
2. Further, enable the camera upload function, and then you can automatically save the images and videos of the Android device by creating a new folder in Dropbox. Or when you are logged in, click on the "Photo" icon and select the "Open" button to enable photo backup.
Google+ has a 100% safe Auto Backup feature that once any user has enabled "Auto Backup" function, all backed up images are always stored in each user's private space in Google+.
1. First, you need to download the Google Photos app from the Google Play Store and download it to your Android device.
2. Install the application and create an account. Click "Sign in" to log in. Then click "Settings" and open the "Backup & Sync" option.
3. Tap "Select folder to backup" and all picture files stored on your phone will appear in the list. Select the file you need to back up to start the backup process.
4. When you sign in to Google Photos on your device, you can see all your backup photos.