Full Guide to Manage Contacts on Samsung S9/S8
If you have newly bought a Samsung Galaxy S9, there must be a need to transfer important data, such as contacts from your old phone to the new S9, and then delete contacts from your old phone before your give it away. Also, you need to manage these contacts on your Samsung Galaxy S9 to keep them well organized. This includes the editing, adding, deleting and updating of contacts. Also, you must want to know how to back up your contacts from S9 to computer. In this guide, we will answer all our concerns.
Part 1: How to Add New Contacts on Samsung Galaxy S9/S8?
Part 2: How to Edit Contacts on Samsung Galaxy S9/S8?
Part 3: How to Delete Unwanted Contacts from Galaxy S9/S8?
Part 4: How to Back Up S9/S8 Contacts on Computer?
Part 5: How to Restore Contacts from Computer to S9/S8?
To manage contacts on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9, first of all you should know how to add new contacts on the device. This is very important especially when you switch from your old phone to the new S9 or S8. Typing the hundreds of contacts on your new S9/S8 phone one by one manually is stupid and time-consuming. Some people suggest copying these contacts to a Google account and then sync the Google contacts to the new phone. Well, it works but seems a little bit confused and complicated. Here in this article, you can learn how to use an app to add contacts to S9 with one click.
The app is called Coolmuster Android Assistant, or Android Assistant for Mac, which is a professional Android device manager that lets you transfer and manage all Android data on computer freely. Besides adding contacts to your Android phone, it can also allows you to delete, export, import and edit contacts easily and quickly. You can also use it to manage other kinds of Android data, such as SMS, photos, videos, music, apps, etc. It is compatible with all the leading versions of Android devices. Below, we will tell you how to use it to manage contacts on Samsung Galaxy S9 or S8.
How to Add Contacts to Samsung S9 with Android Assistant:
Step 1. Connect Your Samsung S9 to Computer
After you downloaded and installed this Android Contacts Manager on your computer, launch it and then connect your S9 to the computer via a USB cord. The program will detect your Android mobile phone and you may be required to enable USB debugging on your phone at first. If your device can be detected by the program, you can directly skip to the next step.
Step 2: Go to the Contacts windows
All your phone data are categorized on left side menu. To add new contacts to your Samsung Galaxy S9, you should choose "Contacts" from the left to enter the contacts managing window. Then, choose "New" on the top menu and you will be popped up with a dialog, where you can enter the information of the new contact that you want to add.
In some cases, you may need to edit contact information, such as the name, phone number, email, profile picture, fax number, etc. If you are tired of editing contact information on the phone, you can do it on your computer instead.
1. In the beginning, launch the Android contacts manager - Android Assistant on your computer. Connect your S9 to the computer and wait until it is detected by the program.
2. When the program detects the phone, you can go to click Contacts from the left side menu and all contacts on your S9 will be displayed. Just select the contact you want to edit and then choose "Edit" option on the top menu.
3. Now, you can edit the contact information on the pop-up editing window as you like. After editing, you can click "OK" to save the modification.
You may have many duplicate or useless contacts on your Samsung phones, which makes it difficult to organize the contacts well. There could be other reasons for you to delete a contact from your Samsung S9 which can help you manage contacts on the device. And now, Android Assistant also enables you to delete multiple contacts from S9 with one click.
1. In order to delete contacts from Samsung S9, you just do as the parts above - launch the Android Assistant and connect S9 to the same computer.
2. Go to click "Contacts" to enter the contacts management window. Tick off the contacts that you want to remove from your S9 and then click "Delete" button from the top menu.
It is important to keep a backup of your Samsung phone contacts on other places in case of losing contacts on the device for unknown reasons. Android Assistant allows you to transfer contacts from Samsung S9 to computer for backup, and restore the backup contacts to your Android phone easily with one click on your mouse. The detailed steps are as follow:
1. Launch Android Assistant and link your S9 to the program via a USB cable.
2. Enter contacts management window by clicking "Contacts" from the left sidebar.
3. Select the contacts you want to backup by ticking them off. Then, click "Export" from the top menu to transfer them to your computer. You can specify a location on your computer to save the exported contacts.
Note: Android Assistant allows you to export contacts as CSV, HTML, VCF, BAK or XML file format.
After you have backed up your contacts from the Samsung S9/S8 to computer. Next time, when you lose your contacts from your phone, you can use Android Assistant to easily restore the backed up contacts to your phone. What you should do is:
1. Run the Android Assistant and connect your phone to the program.
2. Click "Contacts" from the left sidebar and choose "Import" button from the top menu.
3. Locate to the contacts that you have baked up and restore them to your phone directly.
Note: Since Android Assistant only support to import VCF, BAK and XML file format, you'd better backup your phone contacts in VCF, BAK or XML file on Part 4.
By taking the assistance of Coolmuster Android Assistant, you can easily manage contacts on S9 and other popular Android smartphones as well. It's time to have a try!