How Do I Move Contacts between a BlackBerry and an iPhone?
BlackBerry was once the most favorite mobile phone for business people and tech hipster. But since the birth of Apple iPhone, BlackBerry was slowly dying from the peak. If you have recently switched from a BlackBerry smartphone or an Apple iPhone, such as iPhone 5S/5C/4S/3GS, or if you are a people who use an iPhone as your personal phone but saddled with a BlackBerry by the employers, you must find yourself in a need of transferring all the important contacts from BlackBerry to iPhone, or between BlackBerry and iPhone.
In this article, you will be given three different ways to transfer contacts from BlackBerry to iPhone, and vice versa.
To transfer contacts from one phone to another, especially the two mobile phones are running in different operating systems, you can't not rely on the SIM card. For example, you can't pull out your SIM card from BlackBerry and insert it to your iPhone because of the the different slot size. To help get you moved, you may need to find a phone contacts transfer tool to do it. Why not have a try with the BlackBerry to iPhone Transfer, a powerful phone data transferring program that is fully capable of transferring contacts, SMS, call logs, photos, videos, apps and more from BlackBerry to iPhone or from iPhone to BlackBerry.
BlackBerry to iPhone Transfer - Contacts Manager for BlackBerry & iPhone
In addition to iPhone and BlackBerry transfer, the program can also perform file transfer from Android to Android, Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, iPhone to iPhone, Android to Symbian, Symbian to Android, iPhone to Symbian and Symbian to iPhone. All you need is to download the mighty mobile phone transferring software from below button and follow the guide in the next paragraph.
Preparation: Backup BlackBerry to computer
First of all, install BlackBerry Desktop Software and launch it on your computer. Connect your BlackBerry phone to the same computer's USB ports via a USB cable and click "Backup Now" option to backup your BlackBerry device on your computer.
Step 1. Install and launch the Phone Transfer on PC
First of all, install the BlackBerry to iPhone Transfer on your computer. Run it directly and then you will see its primary interface like the below picture shows. Choose Restore from Backups to and click the "Start" button to continue.
Note: Please make sure you have installed iTunes on your computer.
Step 2: Connect iPhone to the PC
Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer. Once the iPhone and the backup file for your BlackBerry are recognized by the transfer program, they will show up in the main window side by side.
Step 3. Start to swap contacts from BlackBerry to iPhone
Choose "Contacts" in the list of contents allowed to copy from the program and click the button of "Start Transfer" to begin transferring contacts from your BlackBerry to iPhone. Make sure your iPhone is well connected.
Above is the user guide on how to transfer contacts from BlackBerry to iPhone. Just get the powerful tool installed on your computer and experience its excellent features by yourself!
Using Google Sync is another way to transfer data between two different devices. Follow the steps below to move contacts from your old BlackBerry phone to iPhone by using Google Sync.
1. Turn on your BlackBerry phone and go to the webpage "m.google.com/sync" to download the Google Sync Application.
2. After you installed the Google Sync application on your BlackBerry device, you can launch it and enter your Google account information. If you don't have a Google account, you can easily set it up for free.
3. Choose the "Sync Now" option and then all your contacts on your BlackBerry phone will be synced to your Gmail account immediately.
4. Next, you can turn on your iPhone, go to choose "Settings" -> "Contacts" -> "Add Account" -> "Microsoft Exchange". Enter your email account so that you can sync the contacts and then click on the "Next" button.
5. Scroll to the "Server" section and type "m.google.com". Then, set "Sync" to yes under both "Contacts".
After finishing all the steps above, your BlackBerry contacts will be successfully transferred to your iPhone.
Finally, we introduce how to use BlackBerry Link and iTunes to transfer contacts from BlackBerry to iPhone.
1. Connect your BlackBerry phone to your computer via a USB cable. Open the BlackBerry Link. Download it separately if you haven't installed it.
2. Go to the left side menu of the app and choose the option "Contacts/Calendars". On the next screen, you should choose "Setup Contact Syncing".
3. Tap on the "Confirm" button to begin the syncing process.
4. Download and install iTunes on your computer. Make sure iTunes has scanned and registered most of your media to transfer as possible.
5. Link your iPhone to iTunes with Wi-Fi or USB.
6. Toggle all "Sync Contacts" and then go to the bottom right corner to click "Sync" again.
Ok, you have successfully transferred all contacts from your BlackBerry to iPhone.