Part 1. Why Need to Transfer Photos and Videos from Huawei and Computer
Part 2. Transfer Photos/Videos from Huawei to PC/Mac with USB Cable
Part 3. Copy Photos and Videos from Huawei to Computer with SD Card
Part 4. How to Transfer Photos & Videos between Huawei and Computer with 1 Click
Huawei, one of Chinese smart phone manufacturers, has been making a host of Chinese best-selling smart phones. However, it isn't perfect and it cannot work every time. In fact, data (including photos and movies,etc ) on Huawei are easy to face some problem, such as data loss. Files will be missing because of all kinds of reasons, like system corruption, virus infection, system formatting, etc. What's more, all information will be gone if you lost your Huawei device.
It will be worse if you have not transferred those files on your computer or other devices. Another situation is that you saved a lot of files related to your work in the computer but without transferring them to your phone. How embarrassed you will feel at that time when you need to use these files but your computer is too heavy to carry around and you have to put it at work place.
The first way to transfer media files, such as photos and videos from Huawei to computer is a traditional way - using the USB cable:
Transfer to PC:
1. Join your Huawei phone to your computer by plugging in the USB cable. You need to enable the "Multimedia Device" or "USB Storage" option in the notification bar of your Huawei device.
2. After above settings, your phone will be detected by the computer and you can go to "My Computer" to access the phone data.
3. The connected Huawei phone shows as a removable drive. All you need to do is opening it and choosing the folder named DCIM, where all the photos and videos are stored.
4. Now, you can copy these photos and videos you want to transfer and paste them to your computer.
Transfer to Mac:
1. Connect the Huawei phone to the Mac with the USB cable and enable the "Multimedia Device" or "USB Storage" option in the notification bar of your Huawei device.
2. Open the Finder on your Mac and you can see your Huawei device is in the list of devices on the left.
3. Choose the Huawei device icon and find the DCIM directly and transfer your desired photos and videos to your Mac.
Transferring photos and videos from Huawei to computer with the SD memory card requires two conditions: You must have a SD card on your Huawei phone, and you must have photos and videos saved on the SD card. If you meet the two conditions, the SD card transfer method would be simple for you:
1. Take the SD memory card from your Huawei phone and slide it into your PC or Mac computer.
2. The SD memory card will be displayed as a removable disk on the PC and a mobile device on a Mac.
3. Just open the removable disk or mobile device, find and open the DCIM folder.
4. Finally, you can copy the photos and videos you like to transfer and paste them on the Mac or the PC.
What will you do if you suffer data loss on your Huawei device without transferring them to your computer, or can not be able to have access to your favorite files on your computer which are left at work place? Luckily, you can turn to Coolmuster Android Assistant for help. The effective tool can easily transfer all files between Huawei and computer without any quality loss. Before transferring process, install Android Assistant, and then connect your Huawei device to computer through an USB cable. If you want to transfer files from computer to your Huawei device, run the software, browse files on your computer and then transfer them to your Huawei device or the SD card. By contrast, simply click the "Export" button if you want to export files from your Huawei device to computer.
Coolmuster Android Assistant works on all Huawei mobile phone series, including Huawei Huawei Huawei MatePad Pro/MatePad 11/MatePad/MatePad T 10s/MatePad T10/MediaPad M6,, P80/P60/P50/P40/P40 Pro/P30/Mate X/Mate 20/Mate 10 Pro/P10/P9/P8/P7, Honor 8/7/6/6 Plus, etc. Other Android-based devices like Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, ZTE, etc., can also be supported by this tool. If you are interested in, you can also read the article on how to transfer photos between Samsung and computer.
Steps to Sync Photos/Videos between Huawei and PC
Step 1. Connect Your Huawei Mobile to Computer
Here we will take the Windows version as an example. After installing and launching the file transfer tool for Huawei mobile phone, connect your Huawei phone to the computer via a USB cord and once the connection is successful, your phone will be detected by this program automatically. If it is the first time to run this software, you will be required to enable USB debugging on your phone at first. If your phone can be detected by the program, you can skip to the next step.
Step 2: Choose the Target Videos and Pictures
When your Huawei cell phone is successfully detected by the program, all the files in the phone will be displayed on the left menu in categories. Click the "Super Toolkit" option from the top menu and you will enter 1-click backup & restore window. Now, you can choose the "Backup" option and all the contained files in your Huawei phone will show in list.
Step 3. Start to export the selected photos and movies
If you only want to transfer photos and videos from Huawei to computer, you can check the "Photos" and "Videos" tabs only and then click the button of "Back Up". Wait for a short time, all the photos and videos on your Huawei phone will be exported to the specific location.
Therefore, next time when you are urgent to sync files between Huawei and computer, you can go for Coolmuster Android Assistant!