WhatsApp has been an increasingly popular and important instant messenger for communication among business partners, family members and friends. Many iPhone users share their media files like photos, videos and other attachments via WhatsApp. However, how do you ensure the safety of these media files without various data lost risks? Of course, the best way is to backup these media files on your WhatsApp beforehand. Here in this article you are offered some effective ways to backup WhatsApp photos/videos on your iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/5s/SE.
iPhone WhatsApp has improved its function to make it easier for users to save the WhatsApp conversations and media files to your iCloud storage via iCloud. You might backup your WhatsApp data via iCloud in case you need to transfer the WhatsApp data to another iOS device or restore factory settings on your iPhone. And please note that the videos on WhatsApp are not supposed to store in iCloud backup for videos usually take large amount of storage space and easily run out of the free 5GB iCloud allocation. Besides, the process of backing up files via iCloud might take some time to complete, which depends on network speed and backup file size.
Here is how:
1. Launch WhatsApp app on your iPhone and find and tap "Settings" > "Chat Settings" > "Chat Backup".
2. As you can see under the "Chat Backup" interface, the backup size and backup file types (Messages and Photos) are showed above. Here in this interface you might find "Auto Backup" option to enable automatic and scheduled backups. Tap "Auto Backup" to choose the backup frequency (Off, Daily, Weekly and Monthly) and tap "Done" to confirm your choice and tap "Back Up Now" to enable the automatic backup function.
As mentioned above, the videos are not included in the iCloud backup if you backup WhatsApp files on your iPhone via iCloud. So there is another easy and effective way for you to backup both WhatsApp photos and videos on your iPhone with a professional third-party tool. The iPhone Data Backup Tool - Coolmuster iOS Assistant is strongly recommended here to backup your WhatsApp photos & videos on iPhone just within a few simple steps.
Key Features of the Tool:
* Easily backup or export various files from iPhone/iPad/iPod to computer with/without iTunes, including Videos, Photos, Contacts, Text Messages (SMS), Notes, Calendars, Bookmarks, Music and Apps.
* Effectively transfer or import different files from computer to iOS device, such as the Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks and etc.
* Preview and manage files on iPhone, for example previewing photos in thumbnails and text messages (SMS) in different formats like HTML, Text, CSV, DB.
* Compatible with all generations of iPhone/iPad/iPod, including iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6s Plus/5s/SE, iPad Pro, iPad mini, iPod touch, iPod shuffle and etc.
Steps on how to iPhone Data Backup:
Step 1. Connect your iPhone with the program.
Download and install the recommended program on your computer and link your iPhone to the computer with a USB cord. Run the program and it will detect the connected iDevice automatically, then you might see the main interface containing the main information of your iPhone as below.
Note: Please ensure the latest iTunes has been installed in your computer, or the program might fail to detect the connected iOS device.
Step 2. Find "Photos" and "Videos" folders to start backup process.
Once you enter the main interface, you might see different types of content folders in the left panel, including the Videos, Photos, Contacts, Messages, Notes, Calendars, Bookmarks, Music, Apps and etc. Click "Photos" folder to preview pictures and then tick one or more images you want to backup then click "Export" to save them on your computer.
Similarly, click "Videos" folder to preview the Movies, TV Shows and Music Videos and check the videos you want to backup and click "Export" to save them on your computer.