How to Convert Live Photo to Still Photo on iPhone
iPhone camera, characterized by many alluring features, allows you to take photos in different formats as you desired. For example, you can take live photos when you want to capture the flashing moments; you can take panoramic photos when you need to keep macro beauty in your mind. Here, you can also turn a still photo into a short live action clip within your iPhone. But at time, you probably want to convert the live photo to still photo if you no longer want it to be an animated live action shot. Or possibly, you may need to extract a still photo from a live photo and print it out. So here comes the question: how can you turn a live photo to a still photo that is saved on your iPhone?
Quick Fix: Convert Live Photo to Still Photo on iPhone
Here, you have more than one way to do it. Now, just check it one by one:
1. Convert Live Photo to Still Photo on iPhone with Edit Mode
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone and navigate to the Live Photo that you want to convert to a still photo.
- Hit the Edit option in the corner of the picture.
- Tap the little circle icon in the opposite corner.
- Click on "Done" to convert the live photo to a still photo.
- All you need to do is wait for the converting process to be finished within a moment.
After that, you will see a message saying "Saving Photo" and then the selected live photo will be turned into a still one as desired. Now, open the converted image and you will see a still one.
Related: How to Share iPhone Photos via Email
2. Extract Still Photo from Live Photo on iPhone without Edit Mode
- Open Photos app and navigate to the Live photo that you want to extract a still photo from.
- Tap on Share icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Now tap on Duplicate option from the bottom to continue the process.
- On the promo dialogue, hit the Duplicate as Still Photo.
After that, a still photo will be saved in your library right next to the original Live Photo. Too many photos are stored on your iPhone and want to make a backup in case of sudden data losses? Here, just rely on this Coolmuster iOS Assistant (Windows/Mac) software, which enables you to transfer photos from iPhone to computer within simple clicks as a backup.