Full Guide: How to Restore iPod Data from Backup
There are several possible ways to restore iPod from backup. The most popular two are restoring it from an iTunes backup and an iCloud backup. Let us have a step by step look at how it's done! Also, you can learn the quick fix to iPod data recovery without a backup after reading this passage!
If you've already configured the device, you must have erased all the content and settings of the iPod. If not, please go "General" > "Reset" > "Erase All Content and Settings" to erase all data from your iPod device. Then follow these steps to restore it from iCloud backup.
1. Turn on the device.
2. Follow the configuration steps on the screen. Click Restore from an iCloud backup.
3. Log in to iCloud.
4. Select a backup. Select the one that suits you. After selecting the backup, the transfer will begin. Update your iOS version if prompted (if you do not see the steps on the screen to assist with the upgrade, this is what you can do).
5. When prompted, log in to your Apple ID account. You can just select the apps you would want to restore.
6. Wait till the progress bar states that the process is completed. This can take from as much as an hour to complete. If there is no internet connection, the progress will be paused.
7. Now, everything is done. Start your device and do what you want. Frequently try to connect to the Wi-Fi and to allow the process to complete.
If you have an iTunes backup, you can easily restore your iPod from iTunes backup via iTunes, too. Here are some of the steps that you can follow.
1. Open iTunes on your computer.
2. Connect your iPod to your computer with a USB cable. Follow the steps on the screen to continue.
3. Select your iPod touch when it appears in iTunes windows. If the device does not appear in iTunes, try to change another USB cable.
4. Then you will see an option called "Restore Backup". Select it. If a message indicates that the software is too old, you might go to "Help" > "Check for Update" to get the latest iTunes.
5. Check the date and size of each backup and select the one that suits you.
6. Click "Restore". Now, you need to wait for the backup to complete. If prompted, enter the password encrypted back up.
7. Select a copy to restore.
8. The device will automatically restart. Wait for it to synchronize with your computer. You can sign out once the synchronization is complete.
Actually, to restore your iPod from iTunes backup, you can also rely on this Coolmuster Data Recovery for iPhone iPad iPod and its Mac Version. With this software, you can easily restore iTunes backup files to iPod without launching iTunes on the computer. Moreover, it enables you to recover all different files to iPod, be it contacts, messages, photos, videos, apps and many more. Best of all, various generations of iPhone, iPad and iPod devices can be perfectly supported by this all-in-one tool.
- After downloading the right version of this software, link your iPod device to the computer via the USB cord. Then, all related backups will be arranged on the main interface as pictured in the below.
- Select the right backup of your iPod device and then hit the StartScan option to continue the process.
- Then all files will be detected and displayed on the next interface. You can choose the wanted files by ticking them out. Finally, hit the Recover option to restore these files and save them on the computer.
Now, wait patiently for the process to get completed within a little while. After that, transfer the recovered data to your iPod. Till now, you have successfully restored iPod from backup without iTunes.