To make it convenient for you or other people to find the specific part of a PDF file, or mark the area of the PDF where you have read, you would like to add bookmarks to PDF. Bookmarks automatically take you and the readers to the target page quickly. Since you are here, you must be looking for a way to create bookmarks on PDF.
Creating bookmarks in PDF is easy and fast with Adobe Acrobat. The bookmark tool is displayed in the panel of "Bookmark", which is located on the left side of the screen. If your PDF table is created from another publishing program, the bookmarks will be created to match the table of contents automatically. But you can also create bookmarks manually so as to make them match particular pages. Below is how.
To save time from looking for a suitable tool by trial and error, you can directly turn to Adobe Acrobat for help. Besides creating bookmarks in PDF document, it also enables you to encrypt your PDF and offers powerful editing ability for users to edit PDF file without any hassle.
1. Run Adobe Acrobat on your computer, go to the "File" menu and choose "Open" to import the PDF file, to which you want to add the bookmarks.
2. Scroll through this PDF document and locate to the page where you would like to add your first bookmark. Right-click on this page and choose "Add Bookmark" in the drop-down menu. Then, the bookmark panel will appear on the left side of the PDF with a new bookmark appear on the top of the panel, which is labeled as "Untitled". The first bookmark is successfully created.
3. Repeat the second step to create as many bookmarks as you need in this PDF document.
4. Go back to the "File" menu to choose the "Properties". Choose the "Initial View" tab that will show you how your PDF will look like when you open the file in the first time.
5. In the "Initial View" menu, choose the tab "Navigation", which allows you to show your bookmarks panel and page. By doing this, other people will be able to see your created bookmarks when they open this PDF document.
6. After all the settings, you can hit on the "OK" button to save these bookmarks.
Creating bookmarks in PDF is quite easy for readers to jump to specific part of the PDF document. Try the above solution to add PDF bookmarks now.
As I mentioned above, Adobe Acrobat enable you to encrypt your PDF files. But instead of purchasing such expensive program, you can try Coolmuster PDF Encrypter instead. It allows you to set password, permissions, and customize encryption level as you need on your PDF files. Batch encryption is available to save your time and energy.