To transfer PDF to iPad, you do not need to install additional programs. iTunes is enough! With it, you can add array of PDF files to iPad at one time. Below the brief tutorial will tell you how to add PDF files to iBooks so that you can read PDF files or PDF eBooks on iPad, iPad 2, the New iPad, iPad mini, iPad 4 and iPad Air easily. This method is workable on iPhone and iPod.
- Make sure you have installed iBooks on your iPad. If not, just install it.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC. Click the "File" menu and choose "Add to Library" from the drop-down menu.
- Browse your computer and locate to the PDF file(s) you want to add to your iPad. You are allowed to add more than one PDF file, or even the whole PDF folder at a time.
- Open the "Book" category on your iTunes library and you will see the PDF files that you just added are now displaying on the bookshelf.
- Connect your iPad with your computer via the USB cable provided by Apple and choose it from the "Devices" list in iTunes.
- In the new window, click "Books" to show PDF files in iTunes. Make sure that "Sync Books" is checked.
- Finally, you can hit on the button of "Apply" to sync these PDF files to iPad.
That is all! If you do not like the most common way to add PDF to iPad with iTunes, you can try other ways such as emailing the PDF to yourself, open the email on your iPad and then click to open the PDF attachment. But you need to install a PDF reading app to open the PDF file. And if you need to move the PDF files from iPad back to computer, you can try the method in the page of transferring books from iPad to computer.
You can read PDF files on iPad directly. However, we all know that ePub is the most friendly file format for Apple iPad. It is a wise choice to convert PDF to ePub format to enjoy more wonderful reading experience on iPad. You may ask how to convert PDF to ePub? The conversion is quite easy as long as you use Coolmuster PDF Converter Pro and PDF Converter Pro for Mac, which is a professional PDF tool enables you to convert PDF to ePub for iPad.
Step 1. Add PDF Files
After you download and install this PDF to ePub Converter on your computer, launch it and import the PDF files that you want to convert to ePub by clicking the Add Files button. You are allowed to drag and drop multiple PDF files at one time and convert them simultaneously.
Step 2. Customize Output Settings
You are provided with 5 conversion types and for this topic, just choose PDF to ePub. Select an output location for saving the converted files by clicking the Browse button. If needed, you can even customize page range for the PDF files to convert in the right side of the panel.
Step 3. Convert PDF to ePub on Mac
Click the Convert button to start the conversion on your Mac. In a few seconds, you will get the converted ePub files in the output folder. And if you wish to customize the ePub files by yourself, you still can use another tool like Coolmuster SignPub to enhance the reading experience as you like. But if you think it is OK after the conversion, then just download the program for free right now!