Coolmuster Mobile Transfer for Mac Online Help
Switching from your old phone to a new one but don't want to leave your precious data behind? Now, with the help of the Coolmuster Mobile Transfer for Mac, you can selectively transfer almost all important contents, including contacts, videos, music, contacts, apps and many more between two phones safe and sound.
Below is how to use this handy tool:
Launch the program, you will see its primary interface as follows:
Before transferring files with Coolmuster Mobile Transfer, it is necessary to get both of your devices recognized by the program at first.
- Connect Android Phone to Mac with USB Cable
(1) After launching the program, please connect your Android phone to Mac with a USB cable. Thus the program will start to initialize your device automatically.
(2) Open USB debugging on your Android phone by following the onscreen prompts. Please refer to the corresponding guide on the basis of your Android OS version.
Note: For Android 4.2 or above, the program might require you to authorize the computer to access your device data by tapping "OK" or "ALLOW" on your phone. If you can't see this popup, please click "Show Again" button on the program or manually select MTP option on your Android phone.
(3) To establish successful connection, the Coolmuster Android Assistant (Android Version) will be installed on your device automatically. To ensure successful data transfer, if prompted, please authorize all listed permissions on your phone and tap "Confirm" button. If not, just click "OK" to continue.
Soon, you might see the "Connected" notification under your device, which means that your phone is recognized by the program successfully.
- Connect Android Phone to Mac via Wi-Fi
(1) Hit "Can't recognize the device?" option on the program, you might see a pop-up window as below. Just select "Connect via WiFi" option to continue.
Note: As prompted, please make sure that Android phone and Mac are within the same network. For instance, if your Android phone's IP is 192.168.1.X, your Mac's IP should be 192.168.1.X as well.
(2) Download, install and launch Coolmuster Android Assistant (Android Version) on your Android phone.
(3) If reminded, please click "Allow access" button on Mac. Then scan the QR code on the program with the the app, the program will detect your Android phone automatically. Once done, the "Connected" notification will appear under your Android phone.
Still have problems? Please learn what to do if the program does not recognize your Android device.
- Connect iPhone/iPad/iPod to Computer via USB Cable
(1) Open the program on Mac and connect iDevice to Mac with a USB cable.
(2) Unlock your iOS device with your password, the program will start to detect your iDevice.
(3) If your iDevice receives a notification, asking you to "Trust This Computer", just tap "Trust" option and confirm it with your password if you allow this computer to access your settings and data on your iDevice when connected.
Thus your iDevice will be recognized by the program automatically with a "Connected" notification under your iDevice.
Still have problems? Please learn what to do if your iDevice fails to connect.
a. Click "Flip" button before transferring, if you need to change the position of the Source device and Destination device.
b. The "Clear data before copying" option currently only supports Android devices.
c. Please do NOT disconnect either device until the whole transferring process is finished.
1. Transfer from Android to Android
(1) Once two Android phones are successfully recognized by the program, an interface as follows will show up.
(2) Select the files that you want to transfer, such as Contacts, Call Logs, Text Messages, Photos, Music, Documents, Videos and apps. If needed, check "Clear data before copying" option to delete files on the Destination device. Now, just click "Start Copy" option to start transferring data from Android to Android immediately.
2. Transfer from iOS to Android
(1) When your iDevice and Android device are successfully detected by the program, you might see an interface as below.
(2) Choose whatever contents you want for transfer, for example, Contacts, Text Messages, Books, Music, Videos and Photos. Tick off "Clear data before copying" option if needed, and click "Start Copy" button to start the transferring process.
3. Transfer from iOS to iOS
(1) Once your two iOS devices are connected to the program successfully, you might have an interface as follows.
(2) Check the desired files in the middle panel for transferring. You can now choose Contacts, Notes, Calendars, Bookmarks and Books. Then simply hit "Start Copy" button to start the transferring process.
4. Transfer from Android to iOS
(1) When both of your Android device and iDevice are successfully linked to the program on Mac, an interface as follows will appear.
(2) Choose the contents you like from the content list. The program currently supports Contacts and Documents. After that, just click "Start Copy" option to start the data transfer from Android to iOS automatically.
Wait for a while till the whole transferring process is completed. Once done, the program will prompt you "Transfer is completed" and provide you the result report on data transfer.