"Hey! So I'm baffled and hope someone can shed some light on this situation. I have an HTC Desire on Bell in Canada, have had it for just under a month, and love it. Today, however, the Messages app crashed. Little did I know, it at the same time deleted all of my text messages (over 4000!). Now here's the problem: Where do they go? How do I get them back? Please help! Thanks!"
- Matt G from Android Forums
Are you wondering how to retrieve deleted text messages from HTC phone like him? Fortunately, you get three simple methods in this guide. Stop creating any new data on your HTC phone, and follow our instructions below to recover deleted text messages on HTC effortlessly.
Part 1. How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages from HTC Phone via Google Backup
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on HTC Evo without Backup with Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on HTC Desire Directly Using Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery
Part 4. How to Recover Data from Broken/Dead HTC Phone?
Generally, Google service is pre-installed on all Android smartphones. If you have previously activated the Google service and backed up your HTC messages to Google Drive, you can make the HTC One M8 SMS recovery with these steps.
How to retrieve deleted text messages on HTC One M9/M8 from Google backup?
1. Open Settings on your HTC phone and find the Backup & reset option.
2. Choose Backup, tap Restore from Backup, and choose the backup file which contains the deleted SMS.
3. Hit on the Restore button to restore deleted text messages from HTC.
If you forget to back up the text messages on your HTC phone beforehand, the method above will not work for you. Therefore, you have to discover other solutions to get them back.
Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android is the best HTC SMS recovery software that allows you to preview and recover the deleted text messages on HTC internal memory or SD card without backup. Of course, it also lets you preview and recover other files on your HTC device under the two recovery modes.
What can you do with Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android?
* Android Data Recovery: Recover the deleted messages, call logs, videos, contacts, music, photos, and documents from HTC internal memory and SD card (if any) to a computer without backup and back up the existing data from HTC phone to the computer.
* SD Card Recovery: Get back the lost photos, videos, music, and documents from an SD card to the computer without backup and back up the existing media files from the SD card to the computer.
* Support previewing and choosing the desired data before recovery or backup.
* Easy to use, user-friendly, and no data quality loss.
* Highly compatible with all HTC smartphones like HTC U23 Pro/U20/U19e/U12 Life/U12+/U11/U Ultra/U Play, HTC Desire 22 Pro/Desire 21/Desire 20 Pro/Desire 19s/Desire 12s, and other Android devices running Android 4.0 and up.
How to retrieve deleted messages on HTC Desire/U/One/Evo series?
1. After installing Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android on your computer, open it, and choose Android Recovery from the interface.
2. Connect your HTC phone to the computer via a USB cable and ensure that you have enabled the USB debugging on your phone. Next, follow the on-screen prompts to move on. When you see the HTC data in classified groups on the interface, the connection is successful. (Note: If you cannot find the deleted text messages, you can root your device and try again.)
3. Click Messages from the left window, preview and tick the messages you want to recover and tap the Recover button below. After a while, it will recover and save all the selected messages to your computer.
Video Guide: How to Recover Deleted Text Messages from Android
Another powerful HTC SMS recovery software to recover deleted text messages on HTC without backup is Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery. This app is straightforward to use and compatible with almost all Android phones. With this program, you can recover the deleted SMS and contacts from HTC internal memory and SIM card directly and back up the existing data to a computer.
Likewise, it also enables you to preview the SMS details and selectively recover the desired items.
Check the instructions below to recover deleted SMS on HTC phones without backup:
1. Download this program on your PC. Then, launch it and enter the SMS + Contacts Recovery module.
2. Plug your HTC phone into the computer via a USB cable. Once connected, it will automatically scan the HTC data and display them on the interface. (Tip: If you cannot find the wanted messages, you may need to root your device.)
3. Choose Messages from the left panel, check the SMS you wish to recover after preview, and hit the Recover button below to begin the HTC SMS recovery.
What if you lose text messages from a dead or broken HTC phone? In that case, it will become very challenging to access and recover the deleted data on the phone. However, you still get the chance to recover the deleted data from a broken or dead HTC phone. You can learn how to retrieve text messages from a broken phone from here.
Tip: As you can see, losing text messages from the HTC phone brings you a lot of trouble. If you don't want to experience the nightmare anymore, you can transfer messages from HTC to PC for backup to avoid data loss.
That's how to retrieve deleted text messages from the HTC phone with or without backup. If you have backed up your HTC SMS to Google cloud, it is easy to restore them from Google backup. However, if not, I strongly recommend you try Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android or Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery. They are easy, fast, and safe to use.
Most strikingly, you can freely preview and recover the specific messages on the HTC device. So, why not have a try?