With excellent cameras and affordable prices, the Xiaomi Redmi series has become a famous brand worldwide. However, some people recently complained that they lost many precious pictures or videos on their Redmi device and hoped to figure out how to recover deleted photos from Mi phone. Well, it's not hard to recover the deleted videos/photos on the Xiaomi device. Just go through this guide to acquire six effective methods to rescue your lost photos and videos.
Part 1. The Common Scenarios for Redmi Photos Loss
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Photos/Videos in Redmi Phone via Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android
Part 3. How to Retrieve Deleted Photos from Mi Phone with Xiaomi Local Backup
Part 4. How to Get Back Deleted Photos in Redmi Note 4 via Google Drive
Part 5. How to Get Hidden Photos from Mi Cloud
Part 6. How to Retrieve Deleted Videos/Photos from Mi Phone via Google Photos
Part 7. How to Restore Deleted Photos/Videos from Mi Phone via Gallery App
Bonus: How to Avoid Data Loss Again
Various factors may lead to photos or videos loss on your Redmi phone. Here, we list some common reasons for your reference:
Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android allows you to recover the deleted photos and videos from the Redmi phone's internal memory or SD card even if you don't make a backup. Besides, you can also recover other files from your Xiaomi device and back up the existing data to a computer.
The highlights of Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android:
* Two modes to recover the deleted photos, videos, and other data from your Redmi device.
* Android Data Recovery mode enables you to recover the deleted music, videos, photos, messages, contacts, call logs, and documents from the Android internal memory and SD card (if any) to a computer, and back up the existing files from your Android to PC.
* SD Card Recovery mode lets you recover the deleted photos, music, videos, and documents from the SD card to the computer and back up the existing media data from the SD card to the computer.
* Preview all files on the Android device and SD card, and selectively recover or back up files you want.
* Remain in the original file format without quality loss.
* Work with Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro/Note 10/Note 10S/Note 4, Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra/11i/11 Lite/11, Samsung, Google, Sony, LG, Huawei, HTC, and any other Android phones and tablets running Android 4.0 and up.
1. Install the recovery software.
After installing the program on your computer, please choose the Android Recovery module from the interface.
2. Connect your Redmi phone to the computer.
Plug your Redmi phone into the computer via a USB cable and enable the USB debugging on your phone as prompted. Then the software will start to install the Coolmuster Android Assistant (Android version) on your phone.
If prompted, please tap the Confirm button to authorize all necessary permissions. Later, follow the on-screen prompts to continue. (Note: If you cannot find the needed files, please root your device and try again.)
3. Preview and recover the deleted photos/videos selectively.
When the scanning process is complete, choose Photos or Videos from the left panel, preview all the thumbnails, and check the items you want to recover. Finally, tap the Recover button below to start the recovery process.
If needed, you can view the video tutorial to check how to recover deleted photos.
So, how to recover deleted photos and other media files from the SD card on your Mi phone?
1. Connect your SD card to the computer.
After open the software, please tap the SD Card Recovery tab. Then insert your SD card to your computer via a card reader.
2. Recover deleted photos from your SD card.
Choose your micro SD card, and click Next. It will scan your SD card files, and display them on the interface. Then tap Photos category, select the photos you want, and tap the Recover button to save the deleted photos to your computer.
This video guide will tell you how to recover deleted photos from an SD card without hassle.
If you have synced your photos and videos to the built-in backup app, you can retrieve deleted photos from Mi phone from the local backup file.
How can I recover deleted photos from my Redmi phone?
1. Open the Backup app on your Redmi phone and choose the latest backup file.
2. Click the Restore button to start restoring deleted photos to your device.
Google Drive offers 15 GB of free storage for every user to store photos, videos, and other files to the Google cloud. Assume that you have enabled automatic backup of your photos or videos to your Google account. You can easily restore them from Google Drive.
How to recover deleted videos from Mi phone via Google Drive backup?
1. Install and open the Google Drive app on your Xiaomi device and sign in with the identical Google credentials you use to back up photos and videos.
2. Go to the My Drive section and find and select the wanted photos and videos to restore.
3. Tap the Download button to get the deleted photos/videos back.
Mi Cloud is a pre-installed cloud storage service on Mi phones. Likewise, if you use Mi Cloud to back up your device regularly, you will get a chance to restore the deleted or hidden pictures from Mi Cloud backup to your device.
How to recover deleted photos from Mi Cloud?
1. Ensure that you have logged in to Mi Cloud with your Mi account.
2. Open the device's Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud > choose the Restore from backup option.
3. Hit the Restore option.
Google Photos is a convenient cloud storage service on all Android devices. If you have allowed the automatic backup of photos and videos in the Google Photos app, you can get the deleted items back from the Google Photos Trash bin within 60 days.
1. Launch the Google Photos app on your Mi phone.
2. Tap the three horizontal lines and pick Trash.
3. Select the wanted photos and click the Restore button to find them back.
You can also find the deleted pictures in the Gallery app. Normally, the deleted photos and videos will stay in the Recently Deleted folder for 30 days before permanent deletion.
To restore deleted photos and videos from the Gallery app:
1. Open the Gallery app on your Redmi phone.
2. Click the three vertical dots at the top-right corner > Recently Deleted folder.
3. Pick the desired photos and videos from the folder and tap the Restore button.
Now, you must regret losing precious photos and videos and want to stop data loss in the future. To prevent this nightmare from happening again, here are some useful experiences.
How to recover deleted photos in the Redmi phone? Generally, you have two approaches: Recover the deleted photos from your phone directly or restore them from the previous backup file. If you don't back up your device, you are highly recommended to use Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android. With this program, you can preview and recover the specific pictures you want without backup.
Moreover, you can also export the existing photos and other files to a computer for backup. You will surely love it.