Apple users will know what an HEIC file is. If you have ever shot photos with an iPhone or iPad running iOS 11 or newer, you will get an image with HEIC format. You can easily view and open the HEIC file on your Apple device. However, it will be hard to open and view HEIC files on an Android device since Android does not support HEIC format.
As a result, you may wonder how to open HEIC files in Android. The fact is that some HEIC viewers for Android can help you open and view HEIC images without difficulties. Let's check them one by one.
Can HEIC Be Opened on Android?
Way 1. How to Open HEIC Files on Android via Dropbox
Way 2. How to Open HEIC Photos in Android Using Coolmuster HEIC Converter
Way 3. How to Open iPhone Photos on Android via Gmail
Way 4. How to Open HEIC Images on Android with Google Photos
Way 5. How to Open HEIC Files in Android Online Using HEICtoJPG.com
Yes. Android Pie, released by Google on August 6th, 2018, has supported HEIC images. Thus, you can open HEIC on Android Pie directly.
Also, Android devices running Android 10 and above support the HEIC images. In other words, if your device has a hardware encoder supporting mimetype-image-android-heic or mimetype-video-hevc with the constant quality mode, it can open HEIC images easily.
Dropbox is more of an online storage service than a HEIC viewer. Once you upload the HEIC files to your Dropbox account, you can freely check them online or offline.
To open HEIC files on Android via Dropbox:
1. Install and launch Dropbox on your iPhone. Then, tap the + icon at the bottom > select the Upload Photos option > pick the HEIC files you want to upload > click Next > hit Upload. Wait for the HEIC images to be uploaded to your Dropbox account.
2. Install and run Dropbox on your Android phone. Next, sign in with the same Dropbox account and password and tap the Photos folder.
3. Open and preview all the HEIC pictures. If needed, you can download them to your Android device.
See more: So, is it easy to transfer photos from Mac to Android? Let's follow these 7 viable ways.
Suppose that you want to open HEIC images in Android and selectively convert them into JPG pictures for wider compatibility. In that case, Coolmuster HEIC Converter is the best choice. It works well on Windows 11/10/8/7, Windows 2003, Windows XP, etc., making it easy to convert HEIC to PNG or JPG without data quality loss.
The highlights of HEIC Converter:
* Convert multiple HEIC to JPG/JPEG/PNG simultaneously.
* Adjust the image quality before conversion.
* Free convert the first 10 HEIC files.
* Preview the converted images after conversion.
* Easy, fast, and reliable to use.
* Allow you to keep Exif data of your HEIC files after the conversion.
How do I convert HEIC files to JPEG before view?
1. Connect your Android device to the computer using a USB cable. Then install and open the converter prorgam on your computer.
2. Tap the Add HEIC button, or directly drag the HEIC files from your Android phone drive to the program and tap Drag and drop here. Once imported, the HEIC images will be displayed on the interface. Choose the HEIC files you want to convert.
3. Select the output format as JPG/JPEG on the right panel, define the output quality & the storage location on the computer, and hit Convert. Check the Keep Exif Data option to save the Exif data if necessary. When the conversion process is complete, tap the Open folder button to check the converted images.
If you don't want to install any third-party apps on your Android device to open and view HEIC images, you can use Gmail's way instead. It works on both iPhone and Android and stores your HEIC images of less than 25 MB. In other words, HEIC files larger than 25 MB cannot use this way.
1. Open the Gmail app on your iPhone and ensure that you have signed in with the same Gmail account and password. Next, compose a new email, add the HEIC files as the attachment, and send the email.
2. Open the Gmail app on your Android phone and log in with the same Gmail account credentials. Later, please find the email you sent a few seconds ago and tap the HEIC images to open them directly.
Maybe you like: With this guide, you can seamlessly move iBooks from an iPhone to an iPad.
Likewise, Google Photos is a cloud storage service like Dropbox and works on different platforms, like Android, iOS devices, Windows PC, Mac, etc. Unlike other cloud services, Google Photos keeps the original image quality without compression. If you wish to open HEIC images on Android in Google Photos, you need to sync them to Google Photos.
How to open and view HEIC images on Android via Google Photos?
1. Upload HEIC images from your iPhone or iPad to Google Photos. After signing in to the Google Photos app, tap the account profile photo at the upper-right corner > Photos > Back up & Sync > turn on Back up & sync.
2. Open the Google Photos app on your Android device and click the Library option. Afterward, locate the folder where the HEIC images save and open the folder.
3. Tap the image you wish to view and preview it inside the app.
It is another way to convert HEIC to JPG. Worth mentioning, this online conversion tool enables you to batch convert up to 50 HEIC images at one time for free. After conversion, you can open and view the images anytime you want.
How to convert the HEIC file to JPG in Android?
1. Open heictojpg.com from your Android browser.
2. Tap the + icon to select the HEIC images from your phone and add them to the cloud. Then wait for the conversion process to be complete.
3. After conversion, tap the Download button to download the JPEG files to your Android device.
4. Open and view the downloaded images on your device.
That's all for how to open HEIC files on Android devices. You can use the online storage services to browse them directly. If you wish to use and edit them in the future, Coolmuster HEIC Converter is a better choice. You can convert unlimited HEIC photos to JPG/JPEG/PNG without quality loss on your computer simultaneously. Meanwhile, you can also save the Exif data.
Please select the best way you want to open HEIC files on your Android phone. By the way, you can give us your feedback after trying any way above.