3 Ways to Transfer Music from iPod to Mac without a Hassle
"My MacBook Pro crashed. I didn't back up my music. I do have it all on an iPod. Any help in transferring the music from my iPod to my computer will be appreciated."
Coming a long way since 2001, iPod has gone through glorious moments and also the days nobody cares about in the past 20 years. Nowadays, multifunctional smartphones progressively substitute the technological dinosaur-like iPod and enable people to enjoy digital music without an iPod freely.
If you have fantastic music on your old iPod and would like to transfer music from iPod to Mac, you can do it with the 3 efficient solutions demonstrated in the post.
Part 1. How to Transfer Music from iPod to Mac via Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac
Part 2. How to Transfer Music from iPod to Mac for Free with iTunes (Purchased Only)
Part 3. How to Transfer Music from iPod to Mac without Software Using Apple Music (Purchased Only)
Looking for a way to selectively preview and copy music from iPod to Mac without iTunes? Nothing is better than using Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac. Unlike iTunes or iCloud, this smart app displays everything on your iPod more clearly and allows you to preview and select both purchased and non-purchased songs before transferring iPod music to Mac.
More than music, it also helps you quickly move contacts, messages, photos, videos, notes, and other files between your iPod/iPhone/iPad and a Mac. Also, you can back up and restore or manage your iOS data without data loss.
Below are the highlights of Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac:
* Selectively transfer iPod music to Mac.
* Back up and restore the iPod music and other files on your Mac in one click.
* Support various music formats: MP3, M4A, AAC, AIF, WAV, etc.
* Display the music albums, artists, genre, and more detailed information on the interface for you to preview.
* User-friendly interface, one-click operation, and swift transfer speed.
* Work with iOS 5 and later versions (iOS 14 included), such as iPod nano 7/6/5/4/3/2/1, iPod shuffle 6/5/4/3/2/1, iPod touch 5/4/3, iPod classic series, etc.
How to transfer music from iPod to Mac in one click?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your Mac.
2. Connect your iPod to the Mac via a USB cable. When a window pops up on your iPod, asking you to trust this computer, click the Trust option on your iPod and hit the Continue button on the program to go further.
3. Transfer songs from iPod to Mac. Click Music from the left panel, choose a music album and tick the songs you want to move. Finally, tap the Export button on the top menu to get the music off iPod to your Mac.
To move iPod music to Mac, you can also try iTunes. Within a few settings, you will finish the task in no time. However, it is not very user-friendly since you cannot choose the songs you want and transfer the non-purchased music from other sources.
If you still want to choose this way, follow our instructions below to get it done briskly.
1. Before you start, prevent iTunes from automatically syncing with your iPod. You can do it with the steps here:
Disconnect your iOS devices from your Mac > launch iTunes > click iTunes on the Apple menu > choose Preferences > Devices > check the option Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically > hit OK > exit iTunes.
2. Connect your iPod to the Mac using a USB cable and open iTunes if it does not launch automatically.
3. Extract music from iPod to Mac. After your Mac recognizes the iPod, click the iPod icon at iTunes window's top-left corner > go to File > tap Devices > choose the Transfer Purchases from [Device Name] option. This will transfer all purchased music and other data from your iPod to the Mac.
If there are purchased music on iTunes Music Store, you can also sync your iPod's purchases to Mac through Apple Music. However, it does not support transferring the non-purchased songs. If you need to transfer the non-purchased songs, you can refer to the solution in Part 1.
Here, we will show you how to transfer music from iPod to computer Mac via Apple Music.
1. On macOS X 10.15 Catalina, open the Music app, and click Account > Purchased > Not in My Library. Afterward, choose the songs you want to get and follow the on-screen prompts to download them to your Mac.
2. On earlier macOS X versions, run iTunes, click Devices, and choose Transfer Purchases from my iPhone, iPad, or iPod. You will see all the purchased music there. After that, please pick the desired songs and download them to your Mac.
The Bottom Line
As you may have purchased and non-purchased music on your iPod, it is best to transfer music from iPod to Mac via Coolmuster iOS Assistant for Mac. Compared with iTunes or Apple Music's way, it transfers all iPod music to Mac, including the purchased and non-purchased songs. Moreover, it is a one-click operation, highly secure, and pretty fast. I highly recommend you give it a try.
Whenever you encounter difficulty during use and need technical support from us, please tell us in the comments below.