When it comes to sharing files between an HTC mobile phone and a computer, the obvious way is to use a USB cable, like the one that came with your HTC device, to connect your HTC mobile phone to your computer and then drag-n-drop files from your phone to PC or from PC to your mobile. However, the obvious way usually is not the best way, in another word, not the most convenient way. On the one hand, sometimes the USB connection would become unstable or even require you to install additional phone manage software. On the other hand, not all files can be transferred via the USB cable, such as text messages and contacts. Through the USB connection, media files on the external memory of the phone like videos, photos and music can be extracted and transferred easily. But not this time around the data located in the internal memory or SIM card.
Things weren't all that complicated. With the rapid development of modern science and technology, more and more powerful desktop software was born. We can see various phone apps are available on the online market that are greatly ease and give enrichment to the use of a mobile phone. Transferring data from an HTC mobile phone to computer is also becoming a piece of cake because here comes the Coolmuster Android Assistant, which is working perfectly on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista,etc. It is an all-included file managing and transferring tool for Android users and features with all the functions you may need in managing your phone data. And it also has the Mac version of Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac, which is specially designed for Mac users to perform the same functions on Mac OS X.
Why choose Coolmuster Android Assistant?
* Feel free to transfer contacts, SMS, photos, videos, music, apps, books and more between Android device and computer;
* Add, delete, edit and export phone contacts on computer;
* Not only allows you to back up text messages from phone to computer, but also enables you to send SMS from computer desktop to any phone number easily with one click;
* Effortlessly install/uninstall and backup phone apps on computer;
* Supports overall Android based phones and tablets;
* It is 100% risk-free and read-only software and do nothing harm with your phone data or system.
Not only HTC One/Wildfire/Desire HD/Sensation and many more HTC phone series can be supported by this Android Assistant, but also other Android based devices, including Samsung, LG, Motorola, Lenovo, Sony and so are compatible with it. Just choose the right version to download and then follow the below guide to learn the process of copying HTC data from or to computer by using this program.
Step 1. Launch this program after installation
First of all, you should click the shortcut icon of the HTC File Transfer software on the computer to get it launched. Then, link your HTC handset to the computer via a USB cable. Once the connection is successful, the program will detect it automatically. And if it is the first time to run this software, you may need to enable USB debugging on your device at first. If your phone can be detected by the software, you can directly skip to the next step.
Follow the below instruction to enable USB debugging:
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging".
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging".
Once the USB debugging is enabled, move back to your phone screen to tap the "Allow" option. Then, the parameter information of your phone, including phone model, system version and storage space size will be shown in the main interface like below.
Step 2: Choose the files for transferring
Go to the top menu to see all the files included in your phone are categorized in different icons, including Photo, Video, Music, Book, Contact, App, etc. Press each icon and you will enter the corresponding window to see the contained files in details in the right-side window. Mark the files you want to transfer to your computer and click the button of "Export". Or, you can click "Import" button to copy files from computer to your HTC phone.
Step 3. Start to transfer selected files at once
No matter you want to copy things from phone to computer, or from computer to phone, the whole process can be done in seconds by using this powerful Android managing software. You will be surprised at the quick and easy operations performed by it. Just click the below download button to have a free try!