"Hi, I connected my Galaxy S7 to my desktop to transfer some photos from the Gallery to Pictures. From the desktop, I accessed the DCIM folder, and then I deleted a file called 100POINT. But somehow, all of my pics on the phone have been deleted, including screenshots. I've tried the Recycle Bin on my desktop, and the file 100POINT is there but shows 0 bytes. I've also tried Various recovery programs, but these pics don't appear anywhere. Thank you."
- Larnie13 from Tom's guide
Does Samsung Gallery have trash? Where is the Recycle Bin on a Samsung Galaxy? And how to restore files from Samsung Galaxy Recycle Bin? If these questions are hanging on your mind, you are in the right place. Here, you will learn the cold iron truth on the Samsung phone Trash Bin and get the deleted files back even if you have emptied the Samsung Galaxy Recycle Bin.
Part 1. Where Is the Recycle Bin on a Samsung Galaxy?
Part 2. How to Access Samsung Cloud Recycle Bin?
Part 3. How Do I Restore from the Samsung Cloud Recycle Bin?
Part 4. How to Recover Deleted Data from Samsung Galaxy via Coolmuster? (Recommended)
Bonus: How Do I Empty the Recycle Bin on My Samsung Phone?
Does Samsung Galaxy have a Trash or Recycle Bin? Yes. Like a computer, Samsung Galaxy introduced a Recycle Bin in Android 9.0 based on One UI to recycle the deleted items inside the Gallery app. Later, with Android 10 based on One UI 2.0, Samsung brought in the Recycle Bin or Trash feature for My Files, Contacts, Voice Recorder, and Samsung Notes.
Generally, if you have deleted some files from your Samsung phone, the Samsung Galaxy Recycle Bin or Trash folder will hold the items for up to 30 days for you to restore them.
Suppose you own a Samsung Galaxy S10+/Note 10+ or newer models running Android 9 to 11. In that case, you can access the Samsung Cloud Recycle Bin by opening the Gallery app, which keeps deleted photos and videos on your Samsung devices.
How to get to Trash in Gallery on Galaxy S9?
How do I find it when something was deleted on my Samsung phone? In the Recycle Bin, you will find all recently deleted photos or videos on your Samsung device.
Suppose you have recently removed pictures or videos from the Gallery app or ringtones from the My Files app. In that case, you can easily get them back from the Samsung Galaxy Recycle Bin within 30 days. Note that files deleted for more than 30 days will not be recoverable this way.
To restore items from the Gallery app:
To restore files from the My Files app:
Warm tip: This setting is only available on Samsung Galaxy with Android 10.0 and higher versions.
The best way to recover the deleted files from your Samsung Galaxy is by using Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android. Whether you have deleted files from your Android internal memory or SD card, you can preview the deleted items and get them back in minutes.
The highlights of Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android:
* Android Data Recovery mode: Recover the deleted messages, contacts, music, call logs, videos, photos, and documents from the Android internal memory or SD card (if any) to a computer.
* SD Card Recovery mode: Recover the deleted photos, videos, music, and documents from the SD card to a computer.
* Back up the existing data from the Android phone or SD card to the computer.
* Preview both existing and deleted files before recovery or backup and select whatever you want.
* Keep the original file format without data loss.
* Intuitive interface, Friendly UI, and high success rate.
* Support all Samsung phones and tablets running Android 4 to Android 13, like Samsung Galaxy S23/S22/S21/S21/S20/S20/S10/S9+/S9/S8+/S8/A90//A80/A70s/A70/A60, etc.
How to recover deleted files from Samsung Galaxy selectively?
1. After installing the program on your computer, please run it and tap Android Recovery on the interface.
2. Plug your Samsung Galaxy into the computer using a USB cable and enable the USB debugging on your phone as prompted.
Once connected, you will get to the interface to choose the file types you want to recover. After selected, tap Next and choose the scan mode. Then follow the on-screen prompts until it displays the main interface.
3. Choose one data type from the left panel, for example, Photos. Tick the wanted pictures to recover after preview and hit the Recover button at the lower right corner to recover them to the computer for backup.
If you think the recently deleted files in Samsung Galaxy Recycle Bin are completely useless, you can quickly empty the Recycle Bin with these steps:
That's all about Samsung Galaxy Recycle Bin. If you accidentally lose important files from your Samsung Galaxy phone and are eager to get them back, I recommend you make Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android your prior choice Since misoperation on your Samsung Galaxy will create new data and permanently overwrite the deleted items. However, Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android has a higher success rate of recovering the deleted data without further data loss.
If you run into difficulties during data recovery, please tell us your problem at your easiest convenience in the comments so that we can reach out to you as soon as possible.