How to Recover Deleted Videos from SD Card: SD Card Video Recovery in 2021 (Proven)
"I recorded a short video about our graduation ceremony on my camera SD card, however, when I was about to transfer it to my best friend today, I find it was missing! How can I recover deleted videos from my SD card? Can anyone tell me how to recover deleted videos from SD card for free?"
This is a post released in Canon Community by someone and I guess many people may have suffered the same situation. To be honest, I also suffered a confusing video loss on my phone's SD card when I didn't delete anything! In order to find out how to recover deleted videos from SD card, I searched for information about SD card video recovery, and finally, I find a reasonable explanation for my SD card video loss and the best way to recover video files from SD card.
If you are interested in recovering deleted video from memory card, just read more to learn how to retrieve deleted videos from SD card.
Part 1 The Common Situations That You May Lose Videos from SD Card
Part 2 Why Is It Possible to Recover Deleted Videos from SD Card?
Part 3 How to Recover Deleted Videos from SD Card?
Extra Tips to Avoid Losing Data from SD Card Again
Nowadays, many devices allow users to expand storage space by embedding an expandable memory card slot inside the device and the expanded SD card storage indeed makes it a better experience for us. For example, when I have too many photos, videos, or apps, I can store or install them to an SD card to make the device run smoothly and stably. However, sometimes we may encounter SD card data loss and you may want to know why your videos get lost from SD card.
There are a lot of reasons why you cannot find videos on an SD card and the common situations are as follows:
- Accidental deletion of a video file from SD card
- Virus infection or bad sector on SD card
- Formatted SD card
- SD card gets corrupted or inaccessible
- Malware deletion of video files that have not been used for a long time
- Improper removal or ejection of SD card when transferring videos to/from computer
- Power failure during video transfer or usage
- Wrong usage of SD card on multiple devices or devices with different operating systems
- Other unknown reasons
Can you recover deleted videos from SD card after you suffer SD card video loss? Probably. If you accidentally deleted a video from your Android smartphone's or tablet's SD card, you can recover it from the "Recently deleted" folder of the Gallery app, which keeps the deleted photos or videos for up to 30 days. Or, if you cannot find the deleted videos in it and you did not overwrite any new data to your device after video loss, you can still recover deleted videos from SD card via a professional SD card video recovery app.
That is because when you delete a video from the SD card, the deleted video is temporarily marked as replaceable or invisible in system, once new data generates in the device, the deleted video will soon be overwritten by new data and permanently deleted from your device. If you want to recover video files from SD card, you need to switch off mobile data/Wi-Fi and power off your device immediately after the video gets lost from SD card. Then you can use the recommended SD card video recovery app below to restore deleted videos from SD card.
Anyway, backing up video files is always a better way than recovering deleted video from the memory card.
Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android is the best ever SD card video recovery app, which supports to conduct video recovery from SD card of various removable storage devices, like Android phones & tablets, USB disk drives, cameras, video recorders, etc. Under SD Card Recovery mode, it can recover deleted photos, videos, music and documents as well as back up existing media files and documents from SD card to computer. Besides, it can also recover deleted messages, call logs, contacts, videos, music, photos and documents from Android internal memory card or SD card (if any) to computer under Android Data Recovery mode.
What's more, under either recovery mode, you can preview both deleted and existing files before recovery or backup, and recover or back up files from Android internal or external SD card to computer in original format without quality loss. Well, this SD card video recovery tool is widely compatible with various removable devices with SD card, like Android phones & tablets, USB disk drives, cameras, video recorders and more.
For Android devices, it works well with all Android devices running Android 4.0 and later, including Samsung, Motorola, Sony, LG, HTC, ZTE, Huawei, Xiaomi, Google, Dell, etc., like Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra/Z Flip/Z Flip Thom Browne/S10+/S10/S10e/S/S9+/S9/S8+/S8/A70s/A70/A50s/A90/A20s/A80/A60/A40s/A8s/A9s/A6s/A9 Star/A9 Star Lite/M30s/Fold/S20+/S20, Samsung W20, Galaxy Tab S6/S5e/S4/S3/S2/A 2019/A/A2017/A2016/E, Galaxy Note 10+/10/9/8, etc.
How to recover deleted videos from SD card on phone?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android on your computer, and enter in Android Recovery module from toolbox.
2. Choose SD Card Recovery mode on the top menu, take out the SD card from your device and insert it to computer via an SD card reader. Then click Next and tick the disk drive you wish to scan and click Next to start scanning.
3. After scanning, you will see all recoverable files in this interface. Choose Videos from the left window, check videos you want to recover from the right window, and tap Recover below to recover deleted videos from SD card.
After the whole process is complete, you will solve the problem how to recover deleted videos from memory card.
Now you have mastered how to recover deleted videos from SD card. Though Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android can restore deleted videos from SD card without previous backup, backing up SD card in advance is always wiser than recovering deleted video from memory card after video loss happens. Also, to avoid losing data from SD card again, here are some useful tips for you:
- Back up important data of your device in time.
- Always copy and paste files rather than cut and paste files when transferring data between one device to another.
- Buy SD cards from reliable retailers.
- Avoid ejecting SD card during video file transfer.
- Never use an SD card on multiple devices or devices with different operating systems.
- Use the updated antivirus software to scan and remove virus or malicious attacks on SD card.
- Never format your SD card in haste even if your computer warns "SD card is not recognizable, please format it". If you really want to do so, back up it before formatting.
- Stop using the SD card immediately after video loss.
- Never remove or change SD card when turning on camera or other devices.
- Never view videos when your device is in low battery.
This is all about how to recover deleted videos from SD card. Next time, when you encounter the same situation, you will not worry about "How can I recover deleted video from my memory card?" Of course, we hope data loss will never happen on you again, so it is necessary to back up everything on Android device. However, if data loss happens, we highly recommend you to use Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android, which is highly secure, easy to operate, fast in transfer and light in size.
If you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.