Assume that you have just purchased a new iPhone 12/12 Pro and taken many new photos on it. By default, all the photos and videos in the Photos app will be in the Camera Roll. In the beginning, you feel it convenient to own all pictures and videos in one place. As time goes by, you will find it a bit messy to view and use the pictures you want when thousands of photos, videos, and downloaded images are stored there. So you consider how to move photos to albums on iPhone to classify them in excellent order.
Can you move a photo to another album on an iPhone? How do you organize thousands of photos to albums on iPhone in a short time? This post gives you two proven approaches.
Way 1. How to Move Pictures to an Album on iPhone Manually (for Several Photos Only)
Way 2. How to Move Photos to Albums on iPhone in Batches via iPhone Photos Manager
Bonus Tips: Other Useful Tips You May Want to Know about Photo Albums
Wish to move iPhone photos to albums and delete them from Camera Roll? If you only move several copies of photos into albums, you can manually save photos to albums on your iPhone via the Photos app. After moval, the selected iPhone photos in albums will not be in the Camera Roll anymore. Note that if you are using an iPhone with iOS 13 and later versions, the Camera Roll will be called Recents or All Photos in the Photos app.
How to move photos from Camera Roll to albums on iPhone manually?
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Click the Library tab at the bottom > Select > press and hold the desired photo or video thumbnails > tap the Share icon > choose the Add to Album option from the list.
3. Press the album where you want to move. Then it will move all selected photos to that album.
Looking for a useful way to recover your deleted messages from WeChat on your iPhone? Now you get it.
With this post, you can download HEIC images from Google Photos and convert them to JPG files.
Another way to rearrange photos in iPhone albums is to use the professional data transfer software - iPhone Photos Manager. iPhone Photos Manager is an all-in-one app that allows you to sync and manage almost all iOS files among iOS devices, computers, and iTunes. It supports numerous data types like photos, music, ringtones, voice memos, movies, contacts, messages, WhatsApp/LINE/WeChat, Safari history, etc.
When it serves as the photo organizer, you can do many things with your photos on it, including creating photo albums, deleting unwanted photos, moving photos between albums, etc.
Below are the key features of iPhone Photos Manager:
* Move Photos between albums directly without hassle.
* View and check the photo details, including date, size, format, etc.
* Delete unwanted photos massively to free up more space.
* Open and read HEIC images on a computer without using any other photo reader.
* Create photo albums on your iPhone to organize pictures in good order.
* Selectively sync photos and other files from iOS to computer, iOS to iOS, or computer to iOS.
* Widely compatible with iOS 6 to iOS 14 or up, such as iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS, etc.
How to move a photo to an album on iPhone in batches?
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
After installing and opening the program on your computer, connect your iPhone to the PC via a USB cable.
2. Move photos from the Camera Roll to an album.
Tap Photos on the left side, preview and choose the photos you want to move. Then, tap the toolbox icon in the top-right corner > click Add to Album > select the wanted album to store the photos.
If you are new to an iPhone, indeed, you may not only want to know how to move photos out of Camera Roll but also other valuable techniques about Photos albums. To help you know about the photo albums better, we conclude the following usages for you.
1. How to create an album on iPhone?
Open the Photos app on your iPhone > choose the Albums tab > click the + icon > select New Album or New Shared Album from the options > Name the album > hit Save > tap the photos you wish to add > click Done.
2. How to rename, delete, and rearrange the existing albums from your iPhone?
Run the Photos app on your iPhone > click the Albums tab > See All > Edit.
To rename the album: Tap the album name and enter the new name in the blank;
To delete the album: Press the - icon to delete it directly. Click here to learn more ways to delete albums on iPhone >>
To rearrange the album: Press and hold the album thumbnail and pull it to a new location.
3. How to sort photos in an album on iPhone?
Open the Photos app on the iPhone > tap the Albums tab > choose one album > click the three dots > hit Sort. You can sort the photos and videos in the album from newest to oldest or vise versa.
Want to find your disappeared photos from your iPhone after the update? Check it out.
4. How to organize albums in folders on iPhone?
After opening the Photos app, click Albums > choose the + icon > select New Folder > name the folder > tap Save > open the folder > click Edit > touch the + icon to create new folders or albums inside the folder.
You can swiftly solve how to move photos to albums on iPhone according to your need. If you have fewer photos to move to the album, you can manually move them from the Photos app. It's convenient and easy to handle. On the contrary, if you have massive Camera Roll photos to organize into albums, you can flexibly use iPhone Photos Manager to get it done quickly. It is easy, fast, and safe to use.
Meanwhile, if you have something to let us know, please tell us in the comments.