4 Effective Solutions to Convert PDF to Word on Mac
PDF is a widely used file format which is ideal for document sharing and distribution while keeping the original layout and appearance in different operating systems and different platforms. However, sometimes we need to copy a paragraph from a PDF file or correct the errors in a PDF. If that, we need to convert read-only PDF to well-formatted Microsoft Word documents so that we can edit PDF files freely.
In this article, we'll pick out 4 effective ways to help Mac users convert PDF to MS Word on Mac. If you have the need to extract text from PDF and save PDF as Word on Mac, you can read on and select your preferred solution.
You may also want to know:
Solution 1: Use Third-Party PDF Converter for Mac
Coolmuster PDF to Word Converter for Mac is a simple yet professional PDF conversion utility to assist Mac users convert PDF to MS Word documents without any quality loss. Just in 3 simple steps, the conversion is done. What’s more, you can use the batch conversion mode if you have multiple PDF files need to be converted.
1. Install and launch the Converter for Mac on your Mac machine.
2. Upload PDF files or whole PDF folder to the program by clicking "Add Files" or "Add Folder" button.
3. Start the conversion with a single click on the "Convert" button.
Pro: Easy to handle and create a high-quality Word document from PDF.
Con: Not free, cost you a few bucks.
Solution 2: Convert PDF to Word on Mac by Using Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat provides users with a batch of attractive features such as editing PDF, converting PDF, creating PDF and more. With Adobe Acrobat, users can easily convert PDF files to Microsoft Word documents with just a few clicks. The steps are as follow:
1. Open the PDF file you want to convert to Word in the Adobe Acrobat application.
2. Navigate to the "File" menu and choose the "Save As" -> "PDF to Word" option.
3. Input a name for the converted Word and choose the suffix as .doc or .docx. Click "Save" to complete the conversion.
Pro: In addition to convert PDF files to Word, Adobe Acrobat is rich in many more exclamatory functions.
Con: Too expensive for personal use.
Solution 3: Mac Built-in PDF Converter "Automator"
Using Apple's built-in "Automator" application, you can save PDF as Word on Mac without downloading or installing any third-party software on your computer. You need to create a workflow to extract text from PDF and then save as RTF documents. Below is the detail:
1. Open Applications folder and launch Automator. Go to the leftmost column, click Files & Folders and then drag "Ask for Finder Items" from the second column to the larger section on the right of the window.
2. Click "PDFs" from the left column and drag Extract PDF Text to a point underneath the first item.
3. In the section of Extract PDF Text, you can choose to save the extracted text as plain text or rich text. We suggest you select rich text.
4. Press Command-S, name this workflow and then click "Save" to let Automator do the rest for you.
Pro: Since it is part of OS X, you don't need to pay a penny.
Con: The operation would be complicated for new comers and you may lose all original formatting.
Solution 4. Online PDF Conversion Tool for Mac
There is another way to change PDF into Word on Mac without downloading additional software. With online file converter like Zamzar.com, you can convert up to 100MB PDF files to MS Word document directly.
1. Visit the web site of Zamzar, select the PDF files you want to convert to Word and import them to the converter.
2. Choose the output format as .doc, .docx or .rtf.
3. Enter your email address to receive the converted Word documents and click "Convert" to launch the conversion.
Pro: Complete the conversion without doing any downloading or installing.
Con: Online converter isn't secure enough.