Are you busy in looking for a quick and easy way to combine multiple PDF files on Mac OS X? Actually merging PDF documents on a Mac is just as easy as creating them in the first place. If you are a Mac owner and don’t yet know to join several PDF documents into single one, you have come to the right place. Here we list 3 different solutions for users with different skill levers and different requirements.
Prefer a simple and fast method? If so, you might like to try Coolmuster PDF Merger for Mac. With it, just in simple 1-2-3 steps, you’ll successfully merge several PDF files into single one by using this program for Mac. First of all, you should get this program free downloaded on your Mac.
1. After downloading and installing the Mac program on your Mac, launch it and click Add Files or Add Folder button to upload the target PDF file you want to merge.
2. Before you start the merging, you can preview the imported PDF files one by one in the thumbnail preview window to check if you have loaded the right PDF files. After that, you can hit the Start button.
3. There will be a pop-up dialog box asking you to give a name to the newly created PDF file after you hitting on the Start button. Just input the name and click OK to start.
Preview application in Mac OS X is powerful for its inconspicuous features, such as re-order multiple PDFs into a single document:
1. Locate to the PDF files you want to merge into one and drag them to the Preview application. This will launch the Preview and open the files all in a single document.
2. Make the sidebar show in each Preview window by clicking View -> Sidebar -> Show Sidebar, and then verify the sidebar is configured to show thumbnails. If not, choose View -> Sidebar -> Thumbnails.
3. Click the sidebar button to bring up the first PDF page, then, click the drag the second PDF file and drop in the sidebar.
4. Repeat the process for all the PDF files you want to merge. Re-order them and then press Command+A to select them all.
5. Choose “Print Selected Page” from the section above to print these selected PDF documents and save as a PDF.
Some computers come with the Adobe Acrobat pre-installed. If so, you can use the Standard or Pro version to merge PDF documents.
1. Launch Adobe Acrobat, click the “Create” button from the top menu and then choose Merge Files into a Single PDF option.
2. In the pop-up window, click Browse to locate the PDF files and then import them into the program.
3. You can use the Remove, Move Up and Move Down buttons to organize the imported PDF files. After that, click OK to start.
Which one is the best?
Taking into account the above factors, Preview is my least favorite method since it is confused and complex for me. Joining multiple PDF files into one document is easy if you use Adobe Acrobat. But if you’d rather save the money, the first solution – Coolmuster PDF Merger for Mac does the trick. After all, it is also quite simple to handle.