Sometimes when you receive a PDF file from an email or download a PDF file from the web, the pages are rotated or the whole PDF file is just upside down, making it quite difficult to read. You are eager to rotate the slant or upside-down PDF to the right direction but do not know how. Don’t worry! You can easily rotate PDF pages without spending any money on PDF software. In this article, we will show you how to rotate a PDF on Mac OS X and Windows PC with free tricks.
1. Download and install the free PDF reader on your computer, launch it and click "File" from the top menu, then "Open" to browse and locate the PDF files you want to correct the direction.
2. Open PDF in Adobe Reader and navigate to the page you want to rotate. Go to the "View" menu to click "Rotate View" and then choose either "Clockwise" or "Counterclockwise".
3. Keep clicking one of the two options until you achieve the view you want.
If you are a Mac user, you can rotate a PDF document without extra tools. With Mac OS X's built-in Preview app, you can rotate a single page within a multi-paged document with Rotate Option.
1. Open the PDF file in Preview. If the rotate buttons do not appear in the toolbar, you should Command-Option-click the Show/Hide toolbar button to bring up the Customize toolbar options.
2. Click the button of "Rotate Left" or "Rotate Right" to change the direction of the PDF file. Please note every page in the PDF document will be rotated.
3. If you only want the current PDF page being rotated, you can hold down the Option key and then choose the button of "Rotate Left" or "Rotate Right".
4. Save the PDF file by clicking the button of "Save" with the single page or the whole PDF file rotated.