Backup & Restore WhatsApp on Google Drive
It is essential to do a backup for your WhatsApp messages because WhatsApp information can be lost easily if you have your phone lost, damaged or stolen. Once you have backup for your WhatsApp data on Google Drive, you can easily restore the backup file back to your phone. Making Google Drive backup for your WhatsApp also makes it easy for Android users to transfer WhatsApp data to a new device. After learning all about the advantages about backing up WhatsApp content on Google Drive, do you know how to do that? Today, we will mainly tell you how to backup and restore WhatsApp on Google Drive.
Before you start to backup WhatsApp on Google Drive, you need to prepare with the following matters:
- Sync your phone with Google Drive.
- Install Google Play Services on your phone.
- Make sure your Google Drive account have enough space for the backup.
- Make sure your phone have enough space for the backup.
After the above preparations done, you can follow the steps below to create backup for your WhatsApp on Google Drive:
1. Open your phone and choose the options like: Settings > Chats > Chat backup. Then, sign in with your Google account and allow WhatsApp to use your Google Drive storage.
2. You are allowed to change the backup frequency, select the network and choose whether to include video to backup on Google Drive Settings.
3. Please be reminded that once you run a Google Drive backup on a Google account, the previous Google Drive backup will be overwritten and you will have no way to restore from the previous backup.
After you have backed up your WhatsApp content with Google Drive, you can restore them to your new device effortlessly. Just follow the instructions below to give it a shot.
1. Uninstall WhatsApp from your Android phone and reinstall it again from Google Play Store.
2. Launch the re-installed WhatsApp on your phone and choose "AGREE AND CONTINUE".
3. When there is a pop up prompt saying whether allow WhatsApp to use your contacts and media, you just choose "Allow".
4. Enter your phone number which associates with your WhatsApp account and click "NEXT".
5. Verify your phone number with a 6-digit code to sign in your account.
6. WhatsApp will scan the Google Drive to find the backups and you just tap "RESTORE" to restore the backup WhatsApp messages from Google Drive to your phone.