It's easy to back up an iPhone to iCloud but hard to restore the iPhone from backup without erasing. There are various reasons people can restore from iCloud backup, maybe they get a new iPhone, or the old iDevice is lost or stolen. Whatever reason it is, you may not want to experience data loss when restoring an iCloud backup to iPhone.
Don't worry! This article will talk about how to restore iCloud backup without reset in three possible ways. Let's check them one by one.
Part 1. Can You Restore iPhone without Resetting?
Part 2. How to Get Your iCloud Backup on New Phone from iCloud? (Official Way)
Part 3. How to Restore iPhone from iCloud without Resetting via iCloud.com?
Part 4. How to Restore from iCloud Backup without Reset Selectively?
Part 5. How to Fix "Restore from iCloud Backup Not Working"?
Generally, restoring data from iCloud backup on an iPhone is hard to avoid data loss. Therefore, many people may wonder: Can you restore iPhone from backup without erasing it? Yes, you can. With professional data recovery software, you can restore from iCloud backup selectively and without data loss.
Besides, you can also download data from iCloud.com to your computer or iDevice, and it won't wipe the device content. Interested? Here's what you can do.
Although Apple's official way of restoring data from iCloud backup will erase all the iDevice content and settings, many people may still trust this way. If you don't know how to download the iCloud backup to a new phone, you can follow the instructions below to get it done.
How do I restore my last iCloud backup to a new iPhone?
1. Head over to iPhone's Settings > General > Software Update. If there is a newer version of iOS, download and install it by following the on-screen directory.
2. Ensure that you have backed up your iPhone recently. You can go to Settings > tap your name > choose iCloud > select Backups under the Manage Storage option > check the data you want to back up.
3. Open the new iPhone's Settings > General > Reset and pick the Erase All Content and Settings option.
4. How to restore the iCloud backup. The iPhone will automatically reboot, and you need to set it up as a new phone. When you reach the Apps & Data screen, choose the Restore from iCloud Backup option on the screen and confirm with the same Apple ID and password.
5. Select the latest backup file from the list and hit the Restore button to retrieve iCloud backup to the new iPhone.
You can update iPhone software without Wi-Fi or computer. If you want to know the steps, please don't miss this article.
Wonder how to hard reset a Samsung Galaxy tablet? Don't worry about it because you can get help from this article now.
You can also access iCloud.com from a web browser to restore iCloud backup without a reset, and you won't lose any data.
How to restore photos from iCloud without resetting?
1. On your computer or another iDevice, visit iCloud.com and sign in with the same Apple ID and password you use for backup.
2. How to load the backup from iCloud. Click the Photos tab, and all pictures will display in front of you. Just choose the most recent pictures by accessing the date.
3. Tap the download icon next to each photo to download them to your device.
Why does my iPad keep crashing? Luckily, I find out effective methods to repair it.
When iCloud Drive doesn't sync data on your computer or iOS device, you can utilize these easy fixes to work it out.
Another way to restore from iCloud backup without reset is using Coolmuster iCloud Backup Recovery. After sign in to the program with the same iCloud credentials, you can preview the iCloud content and selectively restore the wanted items to your computer.
The highlights of iPhone Data Recovery:
* Safely restore from iCloud backup without reset.
* Allow you to preview iCloud backup files on your PC.
* Support different file types, including photos, contacts, notes, calendars, reminders, and note attachments.
* Apply to different scenarios: accidental deletion, water damage, lost/stolen/disabled iPhone, screen broken iPhone, forget lock screen passcode, system crash, jailbreak/update failure, get stuck in Apple logo/DFU mode/Recovery mode, etc.
* High speed and success rate.
How to restore iCloud backup on iPhone 6/7/8/X/11/12/13/14 selectively?
01Download and run iCloud Backup Recovery on your computer and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
02After logging in with the same Apple ID and password you use on your iPhone, you will see the Two-Factor Authentication interface. Please enter the code that you received on your iPhone.
03To get your stuff from iCloud, please choose the desired data types and tap Next. Then it will scan your iCloud data.
04Choose one category on the interface, and select the files you want. Finally, hit the Recover to Computer button at the lower-right corner to selectively restore from iCloud backup without reset.
So much for how to get the backup from iCloud. Restoring from iCloud backup usually works well. But what if restore from iCloud taking forever or you cannot restore from iCloud backup occasionally? In this case, you can try troubleshooting the error by yourself.
Case 1. You receive an error message that reads, "There was a problem loading your iCloud backups. Try again, set up as a new iPhone or restore from iTunes backup".
There may be something wrong with the iCloud servers. To eliminate the issue, you can go to https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/ to see if the status is green. If yes, your device's connectivity may get unstable. Just wait for a few hours and try again.
Case 2. You fail to restore photos and videos from iCloud backup.
This happens when the Camera Roll is disabled on your device. You can open Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > choose the Manage Storage option > select the device name to check whether you have enabled the Camera Roll option. If yes, wait for several hours and try again.
Case 3. It requires you to provide Apple ID and passcode multiple times
Some apps or purchases may request your Apple ID and passcodes. However, you can always click the Skip This Step option and sign in it later.
Case 4. Restore from iCloud taking forever.
The Wi-Fi speed and the file size may contribute to the prolonged restoring process. You should be patient when restoring from iCloud backup and check if the network is stable.
After referring to this tutorial, we hope that you can successfully restore from iCloud backup without reset. Generally, most people prefer Coolmuster iCloud Backup Recovery. It is fast, easy, and has a high success rate. As all the ways above are amazing, you can select one according to your demands.
If you encounter difficulties during use, please describe your problem in the comments so that we can assist you as soon as possible.