"Dear all, Just yesterday, I accidentally deleted one very important family photograph from my OnePlus One. I am suffering from the pain of my stupidity and need to know if there is any way to get back that photo without rooting my phone. I have not installed any backup app like Dumpster or alike. Praying for a silver lining."
- OnePlus Forum
I can imagine how wretched you are when you suffer from the above situation. Don't worry. Here, you will know how to recover deleted photos from the OnePlus phone using six practical solutions.
Part 1. How to Restore the OnePlus Recently Deleted Photos in Gallery
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Photos in OnePlus via Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android
Part 3. How to Get Deleted Pictures Back from Backup via OnePlus Switch
Part 4. How to Retrieve Deleted Photos on OnePlus with Google Photos App
Part 5. How to Find the Deleted Photos Back in OnePlus with Google Drive Backup
Part 6. How to Restore Deleted Pictures on OnePlus from Backup Using Dropbox
Since version 2.5.17, the Gallery app offers a Recently Deleted folder for all OnePlus users. Suppose you have mistakenly deleted vital pictures from the Gallery app. In that case, you can check whether they are inside the Recently Deleted folder. Note that this folder only keeps photos and videos for 30 days. After that, the deleted items will disappear forever.
To recover deleted photos from the OnePlus Recently Deleted album:
1. Open the Gallery app on your OnePlus phone and click Collections at the bottom.
2. Choose the Recently Deleted option and pick the desired photos to restore.
3. Hit the Restore button to get them back to the original album in Gallery.
See also: You can learn easy solutions to recover deleted photos after deleting from the Recently Deleted album on an iPhone by clicking this link.
Suppose you cannot find the deleted photos in the Recently Deleted folder and have no backup file of photos. In that case, Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android will help you recover the deleted photos on OnePlus without a backup. Besides, it also recovers other data types like contacts, music, documents, etc., in one click.
Key features of Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android:
How do I recover permanently deleted photos from the OnePlus 6 in one click?
1. After installing the app on your computer, launch it and choose the Android Recovery module on the interface.
2. Connect your OnePlus phone to the computer via a USB cable and enable USB debugging on your phone as required.
Once connected, you will get the data selection interface. Choose Photos and other files you want to recover and hit Next to continue.
Next, follow the on-screen instructions to move on until it displays all content on the left panel after scanning data.
Note: If you cannot find the wanted pictures, try rooting your device and scanning the device again.
3. Select Photos on the left window and preview all the thumbnails. Then, tick off the desired pictures and tap the Recover button at the lower-right corner to recover them to your computer.
The OnePlus company offers the OnePlus Switch to help you back up, restore, and transfer device content. Assume you have backed up photos with OnePlus Switch before they get deleted. You can restore pictures from the previous backup file.
How to get back disappeared photos via OnePlus Switch?
1. Open Settings > Advanced > OnePlus Switch on your phone.
2. Choose Backup and Restore > Restore backup.
3. Select the photos you wish to get back and tap the Restore button.
Google Photos is a photo-sharing app that works on all OnePlus phones to keep your photos and videos safe. If you have enabled the auto-sync of photos to Google cloud, you can retrieve the deleted pictures from Google Photos backup. To retrieve pictures from Google Photos:
1. Open the Google Photos app on your OnePlus phone.
2. Tap the three-line icon at the top-left corner > select Trash on the left navigation bar.
3. Select the pictures you want to restore and tap the Restore button.
Once done, it will restore the selected photos to the Gallery app.
This way works if you have backed up your device photos to Google Drive before. You can follow the steps below to get the deleted pictures back.
1. Run the Google Drive app on your OnePlus device or visit drive.google.com from any browser.
2. Ensure that you have signed in with the same Google account that you use to back up photos.
3. Find the uploaded photos and choose the images you want to restore.
4. Click More (or three dots) > Download to save them to your device.
Suppose you are a Dropbox user and have turned on the auto-backup of photos beforehand. In that case, you can restore the deleted images from the Dropbox backup with these steps.
1. Run Dropbox on your phone and go to the Camera Uploads folder.
2. Pick the desired photos and hit More (or the three-dot icon).
3. Tap the Save to Device option.
That's how to recover deleted photos from OnePlus. We hope you can successfully recover the deleted photos on your OnePlus phone with our tutorial. If you formerly backed up your OnePlus phone, you can restore them from the backup file accordingly.
However, if you don't have a backup file, Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android is an easy option worth a try. It is user-friendly and fast and will safely recover the deleted photos and other files without a backup in minutes.