"I'm on a group chat on WhatsApp on my iPhone, but when I went on the media tab in that group, I found that it said 'No media'. All the photos and videos I shared on that group were all suddenly gone. How is this possible when I haven't even pressed any clear or delete button? My friends on that group still have the photos and videos, but I no longer do. Is there any way I can get them back?"
It's weird to lose WhatsApp images on your phone without deletion. Luckily, you still get a chance to recover deleted WhatsApp pictures or videos from your Android or iPhone. Check the seven effective ways in this guide to learn how to effortlessly get back deleted photos from WhatsApp.
Part 1. Where Are WhatsApp Photos Stored on Android?
Part 2. How to Recover WhatsApp Images in Android Phone?
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Photos from WhatsApp on iPhone?
All photos sent or received from WhatsApp on an Android device will be kept in WhatsApp's media folder. (Internal Memory > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Images).
Suppose you disable the Save Incoming Media option in WhatsApp settings (WhatsApp > More > Settings > Chats and calls > Saving incoming media). Then all the media files will only exist in WhatsApp chats, not included in the internal memory.
Generally, if you remove a picture from the WhatsApp chats instead of the Gallery app, you will find the image in Gallery > WhatsApp.
Guess you like:
What Happens If You Delete a Backup? Ultra Guide to Protect Your Backup
5 Useful Ways to Cast Android to Windows 10
Accidentally losing WhatsApp images on your Android device? Don't worry. In this part, you will learn how to recover deleted WhatsApp pictures on Android devices in five different ways. Let's take a close look.
Assume you forget to back up photos on WhatsApp and seek an easy and reliable way to recover deleted WhatsApp folders on Android devices without backup. In that case, look no further than Android WhatsApp Image Recovery.
Many people regard it as the best WhatsApp image recovery software to recover the deleted WhatsApp conversations and attachments from Android phones, tablets, or SD cards on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or macOS X 10.7 or higher under many scenarios. Besides, it is also a handy tool to recover the deleted contacts, SMS, music, videos and back up the existing data on a computer without a USB cable.
The highlights of Android WhatsApp Image Recovery:
* Recover deleted music, WhatsApp files, SMS, contacts, documents, call logs, videos, and photos from Android phones, tablets, or SD cards on a computer.
* Back up the existing Android data to a computer.
* Support many common scenarios that cause data loss: Improper usage, accidental deletion, system errors, rooting errors, device update failure, get stuck, virus attack, system crash, forget the password, SD card issues, etc.
* Work with almost all Android devices, such as Samsung Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra, HTC U12 Plus/U12+/U12 Life, Moto g60/Moto g40, Sony Xperia 10 Plus/10/10 Ultra, LG, Google, Huawei, Xiaomi, etc.
How to recover deleted WhatsApp images from the phone without backup?
1. Install the Android WhatsApp image recovery software and connect your phone.
After installing the program on your computer, please open it and connect your Android device to the computer via a USB cable. You will need to enable the USB debugging on your phone to make it detectable by the program.
2. Scan WhatsApp files on your Android phone.
Once the software recognizes your Android device, it will display all the file types you can recover on the interface. Just choose WhatsApp and WhatsApp Attachments, and hit Next to start scanning files.
3. How to see deleted photos on WhatsApp.
After scanning, it will show all the deleted and existing data on the computer. Tap the WhatsApp or WhatsApp Attachments tab from the left panel, you will view all the detailed WhatsApp chats, including image and video thumbnails, on the interface. You can also tap the Only display the deleted item(s) switch to show all the deleted WhatsApp data.
4. Recover Whatsapp images on the computer.
Tick the wanted pictures to recover and hit the Recover button at the lower-right corner to recover the deleted WhatsApp photos to your computer.
Photos Disappeared from Android Phone? Here's How to Get Them Back
How to Recover Deleted Screenshots from Android Phone Successfully? (Proven)
As we mentioned above, if you deleted photos from WhatsApp rather than Gallery, the images may still be in the Gallery app. In that case, you can access the deleted WhatsApp pictures from Gallery's relevant folder.
Let's see how to find deleted WhatsApp photos from the Gallery app.
1. Open the Gallery app on your Android device and tap the Albums section.
2. Find the album called WhatsApp Images, and you will see the images you wish to get.
Note: Due to specific operating system settings, photos may not always be visible in the Gallery app. At this moment, you can jump to Part 2.4 to check the photos on your phone's internal memory.
If you have backed up the WhatsApp conversation and attachments to Google Drive before missing, you can easily restore the deleted photos from Google Drive backup. Below are the steps:
How to download deleted photos from WhatsApp via Google Drive?
1. Ensure that you have backed up WhatsApp messages and pictures to Google Drive.
2. Uninstall WhatsApp from your Android phone and reinstall it from Google Play Store a few minutes later.
3. Follow the on-screen directory to set up your WhatsApp account and verify your phone number.
4. When a window pops up, tap the Restore button > With Media to restore the messages and media files from Google Drive to your phone.
5. Once finished, click Next, and it will display all the recovered chats and media files on the screen.
Bonus: Are there lots of photos on iCloud? Do you want to sync them to your Android phone? In this case, you can learn this guide to sync your photos.
All the media files you sent or received on your Android device will automatically copy into the local storage. If you can not access the WhatsApp Images folder inside the Gallery app, you still have an opportunity to get them from the internal storage. However, this way only works for Android devices since you cannot access the file manager on an iOS device.
How to recover WhatsApp sent images from the local backup file?
1. Navigate to the File Manager app on your Android device > Internal Memory > WhatsApp.
2. Choose Media > WhatsApp Images, and you will access all the sent and received images there.
Google Photos is the free online cloud storage that allows you to back up photos and videos to Google cloud automatically. It offers 15 GB of shared storage with Google Drive and Gmail. Thus, if you have previously enabled automatic backup of photos to Google Photos on your Android device, it is likely that you will find them back from Google Photos backup.
How to get WhatsApp deleted photos from Google Photos?
1. Unlock your Android device and open the Google Photos app.
2. Choose Albums at the bottom and open the WhatsApp Images album.
3. Pick the photos you wish to download and save them to your phone.
The way to recover deleted WhatsApp photos on iPhone is different from what you do on an Android device. So, if you have lost pictures from WhatsApp on an iPhone, you can refer to the following methods to find them back.
iPhone WhatsApp Image Recovery is a powerful WhatsApp deleted images recovery software that works to recover the deleted WhatsApp data and other iOS files from your iPhone, iTunes, or iCloud backup. Like Android WhatsApp Image Recovery introduced above, it applies to multiple data loss scenarios and supports over 20 data types at a high recovery speed.
What can you do with iPhone WhatsApp Image Recovery:
* Recover the lost WhatsApp data and other files from iPhone, iCloud, and iTunes backup.
* Support more than 20 file types, including WhatsApp/Facebook Messenger/Line/Kik/Viber messages, contacts, photos, text messages, notes, call history, videos, reminders, voicemails, calendars, etc.
* Recover files in different situations: Accidental deletion, lost/stolen/disabled iPhone, water damage, system crash, upgrade failure, jailbreak failure, screen crack, device stuck in Apple logo/recovery mode/DFU mode, etc.
* High speed and success rate.
* Preview all content and select the specific files to recover.
* Widely compatible with all iPhone/iPad/iPod touch models (iOS 15 supported), like iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11, iPod touch 7/6/5/4/3/2/1, etc.
How to recover deleted WhatsApp images on iPhone directly?
1. Install the software on your computer.
Install and open the app on your computer. Then, choose the Recover from iOS Device mode from the left window and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Scan the iPhone data.
When the program detects your iPhone, tap the Start Scan button to scan the device data.
3. How to take deleted photos from WhatsApp down to your computer.
Once all the device data are displayed on the interface, tap WhatsApp or WhatsApp Attachments from the left panel, preview the WhatsApp chats and media files at the right panel, and hit the Recover button at the lower-right corner to store them to your computer.
It may be much easier to recover the deleted photos from WhatsApp on iPhone than you think. Apart from the above methods, you can also request the media files from the conversation partner to send you a copy of the lost images. If the conversation participants have a copy of the deleted pictures, you will quickly get them back without trying other methods.
If not, you can try the WhatsApp image recovery software to recover them selectively.
We hope this tutorial will come in handy to solve how to recover deleted photos from WhatsApp. All seven ways can help you get back the lost WhatsApp images. However, if you don't back up WhatsApp photos, other solutions may not work except for Android WhatsApp Image Recovery or iPhone WhatsApp Image Recovery software.
Thus, to some extent, these two WhatsApp image recovery software is optimal under any scenario. Moreover, they also enable you to preview and selectively recover all the device data. Won't give them a try?
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone without Complex Steps?
[Solved] How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPad? (2022 Update)
A Full Guide to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone without Backup Easily
4 Easy Ways to Recover Photos after Factory Reset on Android Phone (New Approaches)
(Full Guide) How to Save WhatsApp Photos on Android Devices in 2022?
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone? (Solved)