In this digital world, there can simply be no excuse for not backing up your data. Your pictures, music files, important documents, apps and notes on your iPad need to have a proper backup which can be referred to in the event of the device being lost, stolen or damaged accidentally or otherwise.
You can ensure that your data remains safe on your iPad in easy steps. All that you need to do is to ensure that you backup all the data you have on your iOS device. Here are some of the easiest ways to do it.
Step by step to backup iPad with iTunes:
1. First, open iTunes and connect your iOS device to the computer.
2. If asked by a popup message, say that you Trust This Computer on your iOS device.
3. Now, select iPad in the iTunes software.
4. You can now start backing up the data automatically. However, if you want to save the health and activity data, you need to encrypt the backup. Just select Encrypt Your Backup for it.
5. Create a password for the encryption. Remember to save the password somewhere, as or else there is no other way to do it.
6 Check if the backup process is finished by going to iTunes Preferences and then Devices.
Actually, to backup iPad, iTunes is not the only option. You can rely on this professional Coolmuster iOS Assistant (Windows/Mac), an all-in-one tool that can transfer almost anything such as your notes, documents, Safari bookmarks, contacts, photos, from your iOS devices to your computer for backup very easily. It is a very fantastic software to manage all your backed up data from your iDevices and is compatible with all the generation of iOS devices.
How to backup iPad without iTunes:
Step 1. Run Software and Connect iDevice to PC
Connect your iPad, iPhone or iPod to the computer via USB cable, and then launch this powerful program by double-clicking its desktop application. This tool will automatically detect your device and display your device info in the main interface just like below picture shows:
Step 2. Preview Files Before Transferring
Files on your iPad, iPhone and iPod will be divided and displayed in different folders in the left panel, including Contacts, Messages, Notes, Safari bookmarks, music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, photos, etc. You can click these categories and check the detailed info in the right panel. Media files can be previewed in thumbnails.
Step 3. Export Files from iPad, iPhone, iPod to Computer
Mark all files you want to copy and click "Export" on the top of the interface to do it. After the transferring is finished, a pop-up window will appear and remind you.
Words in The End: Which way is Better?
While one can backup data using both iTunes and Coolmuster iOS to Computer Transfer software, here are the reasons why the latter one simply outshines the former option.
- The software is much easier to use than iTunes. If you are a beginner managing files and videos can get a bit on your nerve before you get comfortable with the iOS system.
- Unlike in iTunes, with Coolmuster software you can get the backup done in a single step with no need to worry about remembering passwords.
- It’s very easy to upload videos and photos or share anything with family and friends with no limitations using Coolmuster app.
- To break the monotony it has two view mode, namely Thumbnail View mode and List view mode. Your music, videos or any files can be easily searched and located in Coolmuster software as it uses filter and quick search option. Same can’t be said about iTunes.