Part 1: How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM with Coolmuster Mobile Transfer (All Contacts)
Part 2: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card via Coolmuster iOS Assistant (Selectively)
Part 3: How to Move Contacts from iPhone to SIM via Email (One by One)
Part 4: How to Export Contacts from iPhone to SIM Using iCloud (Time-consuming)
Extra Tip: How to Import SIM Card Contacts to iPhone
Is it Possible to Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card Directly?
Unfortunately, Apple doesn't support moving contacts from iPhone to SIM directly. That's because Apple thinks that it is not safe to store data to a removable device. They tend to encourage users to save data on the device itself, iCloud, or computer through iTunes. These options are considered to be more reliable and powerful.
One way to save contacts to SIM on iPhone is by jailbreaking. Jailbreaking your iPhone can unlock some features that Apple doesn't offer by default, but we don't suggest you try this way as it requires some technical skills. And your iPhone will get damaged if you don't handle the jailbreaking carefully.
Here we will introduce some indirect methods to transfer iPhone contacts to SIM. Though they are not straightforward, they are helpful and very easy to operate.
The first method is to rely on a useful data transfer tool - Coolmuster Mobile Transfer. This software is designed to transfer multiple files between two phones, even with different operating systems. With it, you can transfer all contacts from iPhone to Android phone first, and then export the transferred contacts on Android to a SIM card.
Check out the main features of Coolmuster Mobile Transfer:
- Transfer data between two mobile phones with one click.
- Easy-to-use, no data loss during transfer.
- Clear data on the target phone before transferring.
- Compatible with iPhone running iOS 5 and up, Android 4.0 and later.
Download Coolmuster Mobile Transfer now:
Guide on how to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM via Mobile Transfer:
Step 1: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
- Install Coolmuster Mobile Transfer on your computer and launch it. Click the Mobile Transfer section to continue.
- Connect your iPhone and an Android phone to computer, then follow the on-screen prompts to get two phones detected by the software. Once done, make sure that the Android phone is the target device; if not, click Flip to change the positions.
- Select Contacts and then hit the Start Copy button to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android phone.
Step 2: Get iPhone contacts to SIM card
- Now insert the SIM card to which you want to put contacts to the Android phone.
- On your Android phone, open the Contacts app > tap more on the top-right > Settings > Export contacts > Export to SIM card > select the contacts moved from iPhone and transfer them to SIM.
That's it! All the contacts from iPhone can be moved to the SIM card you want using this way.
People also read:
Another software that can assist you to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card is Coolmuster iOS Assistant. It is a powerful program that skilled in managing, transferring, and backing up/restoring iOS data. Using this tool, you can preview iPhone contacts on PC, and selectively export and save contacts to PC in CSV, vCard, XML formats. After saving contacts from iPhone to PC, you can freely transfer contacts from PC to an Android phone with the target SIM card inserted, then export contacts to the SIM card.
Key features of Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
* View, manage, edit iPhone/iPad/iPod data on PC.
* One-click back up & restore iOS data to/from computer or iTunes.
* Supports contacts, SMS, photos, videos, music, apps, bookmarks, books, calendars.
* Fully compatible with iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 Pro Max/12 Mini/11/11 Pro/Xs/Xs Max/XR/X/8/7/6, etc.
Download Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your Windows/Mac computer:
How to export contacts from iPhone to SIM using Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
Step 1: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to PC
- Install and open Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your computer. Then connect iPhone to computer using a USB cord. Unlock your iPhone and tap Trust as prompted, the software will automatically detect your iPhone quickly.
- Click Contacts from the left panel, and you will see all the contacts on your iPhone are displayed on the screen. Select the required contacts and click Export > click Export to vCard to save them on PC.
Step 2: Move contacts from computer to SIM card
- Insert the SIM card to an Android phone.
- Connect the Android to PC via a USB cable, and then head to Contacts > select the Import from USB storage option.
- After importing, tap Settings > Export contacts > Export to SIM card on the Android contacts app.
If you have only a few contacts to transfer, you can use email to send them to Android one by one. After that, download the iPhone contacts on Android and then move them to SIM card.
How do I copy contacts from iPhone to SIM via Email?
Step 1: Send contacts from iPhone with email
Open the Contacts app on your iPhone, then go to the contacts you want to transfer. Tap the Contacts icon > Share Contact > share it via email.
Step 2: Download iPhone contacts on Android phone
On an Android phone, open the email sent from iPhone, and then download the vCard contacts files on Android.
Step 3: Import vCard files on Android
Open the Contacts app on Android > tap More > Settings > Import/Export contacts > Import vCard file. Then the downloaded vCard files will be imported to the Android Contacts app.
Step 4: Save contacts to SIM card
After getting the contacts from iPhone on your Android contacts app, you can tap More > Settings > Export contacts > Export to SIM card to get the contacts to SIM card.
To transfer multiple contacts from iPhone to SIM, you can also use iCloud. You will need to sync your contacts from iPhone to iCloud first, and then download the contacts from iCloud to PC to proceed. The disadvantage of using this method is that you don't have full control over the contacts during the iCloud syncing, and it takes a bit longer to sync.
How to save iPhone contacts to SIM card using iCloud:
Step 1: On your iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud > turn on the Contacts option.
Step 2: On your computer, log in to the iCloud.com with your Apple ID and password. Then hit the Contacts option.
Step 3: Select the contacts you want to export and then click their gear icon > select Export vCard. to get the iPhone contacts to PC.
Step 4: Now connect an Android phone to the computer with a USB cable. Open the Contacts app on your Android and then click Import from USB Storage. This will import the vCard files downloaded from iCloud to the Android phone.
Step 5: When the importing is complete, tap Export contacts > Export to SIM card on the Android. Then the iPhone contacts will be copied to a SIM card.
Though Apple doesn't allow you to directly copy contacts from iPhone to SIM, it offers you the option to import SIM card contacts to iPhone.
Step 1: Insert the SIM card that contains the contacts you want to iPhone.
Step 2: Open the Settings app, then tap Mail, Contacts Calerdars.
Step 3: Tap Import SIM Contacts.
Step 4: Select the location that you want to store your SIM card contacts.
As you can see, though there isn't a direct way to solve the problem of how to save contacts to SIM on iPhone, we can get the job done with a bit extra effort. We have mentioned two programs to help you import contacts to SIM card for iPhone. They are both handy and powerful for transferring data. If you want to transfer contacts from another phone to iPhone, you can choose Coolmuster Mobile Transfer. And when it comes to backing up or managing contacts or other files, Coolmuster iOS Assistant is your go-to software.
If you have any questions about the methods or the software, please feel free to leave your comment to let us know.