How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone? [Full Solutions]
Most users have been frequenting this site to know how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone. When you get a new iPhone, the first question that comes to your mind is probably how to transfer contacts to new iPhone.Worry no more if you are having no answers to these types of issues. We have a seamless solution for you.
In this article, we will show you how to transfer contacts between iPhones, how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes as well as how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud.
Part 1: How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone via Mobile Transfer
Part 2: How to Transfer Contacts to New iPhone with iCloud
Part 3: How to Transfer Contacts from One iPhone to Another with iTunes
Part 4: How Do I Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone with Gmail
Part 5: How to Transfer Contacts from Old iPhone to New iPhone with Bluetooth
Part 6: How Do I Transfer Contacts from One iPhone to Another with AirDrop
When it comes to the transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone, Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is the best third-party application to use. This application allows you to move contacts from iPhone to iPhone with ease. Here are the main features of the app.
* The app supports both iOS and Android devices. It transfers data between two iPhones with a single click.
* It supports the transfer of contacts, photos, music, eBooks, applications, videos, messages, and call logs to a new iPhone.
* It is widely compatible with all models of iPhones, iPods and iPads, including the latest iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, etc.
* It can also transfer eBooks and contacts from an Android device to an iOS device.
* It supports to transfer files from iOS to iOS, from Android to iOS, from iOS to Android, from Android to Android.
3 Steps on How to Transfer Contacts From iPhone to iPhone:
First Step: Download and install the application on your computer. Launch the program. Make sure to install the latest iTunes on your computer for successful connection.
Second Step: Connect the two iOS devices to your computer via the original USB cables. You will automatically get to an interface where your two devices display on the screen.
Third Step: Tick off the "Contacts" from the content list for transferring. After checking the contacts, tap on the 'Start Copy' button to initiate the transferring process instantly.
See? It is that easy to handle it!
To transfer contacts to new iPhone via iCloud, there are typically two ways that one can employ: one is through iCloud backup, and the other is via iCloud syncing. In this section, we will show you how to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another using the two methods.
First Method: Transferring Contacts to new iPhone via iCloud Syncing
This is the commonly used method when it comes to copying contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud. All that is needed is following the steps below:
* Connect your two iPhones to a Wi-Fi network. Sign in using the same Apple ID on the two devices.
* Go to Settings. Click on your 'Apple ID' profile section. Tap on 'iCloud.' Select 'contacts,' and then click on it to turn it 'ON.'
* Select 'Merge' option when asked what you would like to do with the current contacts on your device.
* Wait for the contacts on the old iPhone to sync on the new iPhone.
You might be forced to sync your contacts to iCloud first if you hadn't synchronized them before.
Second Method: Using iCloud Backup to Transfer Contacts to New iPhone
Follow the following steps if you want to know how to move contacts from one iPhone to another using this method.
* Perform a backup on your old iPhone. Go to Settings, 'iCloud', then 'Backup'. Turn 'iCloud Backup' ON if it's closed. Click the 'Back Up Now' option.
* Restore the new iOS device with the old iCloud backup. Set up the phone until you get to the Apps & Data screen. Here, select 'Restore from iCloud'. Choose the backup you have just created.
This is yet another simple method on how to transfer contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone. It is one of the commonly used methods when it comes to moving contacts from one iPhone to another.
Here is how to transfer contacts from one phone to another iPhone via iTunes:
* Connect the old iPhone to PC and launch the latest version of iTunes.
* Select your iOS device and tap on the 'Info' button. Select the 'Sync Contacts' option. Tap the 'Apply' button to sync your iPhone and contacts with your PC.
* Unplug the old iPhone and then plug in the new device after the completion of the syncing process.
* In iTunes, select your new iPhone and tap 'Info' button to ascertain that the 'Sync Contacts' option is enabled.
* Go to the 'Advanced' menu by scrolling down. Under 'Replace information on this iPhone,' select 'Contacts.'
* Tap the 'Apply' button to sync contacts to the new iPhone device.
Gmail account is another option that one can employ when transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone. It is a simple method as you only need to have a working Gmail account. This method generally meets your standard requirements.
Here is how to transfer all contacts from one iPhone to another via Gmail:
* Go to the account Settings and then sign in to your Gmail if you aren't using Gmail on your iOS device.
* Go to your iPhone's Settings, then 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars', 'Gmail', and turn ON the Contacts option.
* From here, you can follow the same procedure on the destination phone and sync your Gmail contacts.
* Else, you can access your Gmail account from your computer and go to the Google contacts.
* Choose the contacts you want to transfer and tap on the 'Export' button.
* Select the option of exporting your contacts to a vCard format. After the creation of vCard, you can manually transfer it to the destination iOS device to import contacts from it.
If needed, please check how to easily set up Gmail on iPhone here.
If you are not pleased with the above methods, then you can just transfer contacts between iPhones via Bluetooth. The process might be time-consuming, but it is one of the straightforward ways to learn how to get contacts on the new iPhone.
Here is how to transfer iPhone contacts to new iPhone via Bluetooth:
* Turn ON Bluetooth on the old iPhone and new iPhone. Ensure that the two devices are in close proximity.
* You should always first access the Bluetooth Settings of the source and destination iPhone to pair the two phones.
* Now, go to Contacts and choose the ones you wish to move.
* Click on the Share button and select the target device from the list of paired devices.
* On the destination iPhone, tap on 'Accept' on the popup window to complete the transfer process.
AirDrop is a valuable feature on iPhone, Mac, iPod Touch and iPad. It allows the transfer of data between two iOS devices or Mac and iOS device. With AirDrop, you can quickly send files such as contacts, videos, photos, websites, locations and much more between two AirDrop-supported devices. For instance, you can AirDrop contacts from one iPhone to another.
In this section, we will show you how to airdrop contacts from iPhone to iPhone. Since AirDrop requires both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to function correctly, you should ensure that the two features are correctly working on your iOS devices.
Here is how to transfer contacts from iPhone to new iPhone via AirDrop:
* Open the Control Centre on the two iDevices.
* Turn AirDrop ON by tapping on it. Ensure that you have switched ON Bluetooth and WLAN.
* On the source iPhone, go to the contacts and check the contacts you would like to transfer to the other iPhone. Select 'Share contact.'
* Click 'AirDrop' and then select the destination iDevice.
* A notification will appear on the destination iPhone. Tap the 'Accept' option to receive contacts.
These are the most useful and practical methods to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone. As you can see, Coolmuster Mobile Transfer offers you the freedom in selecting the contacts and saves you time during the movement process. Besides, the application can also help you transfer other types of data. Download the app today, and make the challenges of moving contacts from one iDevice to another a thing of the past.