With high-definition cameras, the iPad can take excellent photos and videos comparable with professional cameras. But photos generally occupy a large space on your iPad. To make your iPad run smoother and make room for new data, you may want to transfer photos from the iPad to an SD card. Due to Apple's strengthened copyright awareness, it is not easy to export files from iPad to SD card like on other devices.
Can you copy photos from iPad to SD card? Yes, you can. Learn the four trouble-free methods below to get it done effortlessly.
Part 1. How to Transfer Photos from iPad to SD Card with a Computer
Part 2. How to Export Photos from iPad to SD Card without Computer (via an OTG Adapter)
Extra Bonus: How to Use an SD Card Properly?
As everybody knows, every great game or program runs more smoothly on a computer. Therefore, we will first introduce how to transfer photos from an SD card to an iPad with a computer.
What is the best way to transfer photos from an iPad to an SD card? Most people hope they can preview all the pictures while selecting the wanted items in batches. If that is the case for you, make Coolmuster iOS Assistant your prior choice. It allows you to transfer everything from your iPad to an SD card directly after previewing all the contents.
Key features of Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
* Auto-scan all files on your iPad and display them on the interface by category.
* Selectively export music, photos, videos, iBooks, calendars, contacts, messages, apps, and other files from your iPad to the computer.
* Import contacts, calendars, iTunes backups, bookmarks, iBooks, etc., from the computer to your iPad or iPhone.
* Easy to use, read-only, and fast.
* Reliable and user-friendly.
* Widely compatible with all iPad models, such as iPad 8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1, iPad Pro 5/4/3/2/1, iPad mini 5/4/3/2/1, iPad Air 4/3/2/1, etc.
To download pictures from iPad to an SD card:
1. Connect your iPad and the SD card to the computer.
After installing and opening the program on your computer, please plug your SD card into the computer via an SD card reader and connect your iPad using a USB cable.
2. Make your iPad recognizable.
Generally, the software will detect your iPad automatically. When a pop-up window appears on your iPad, tap the Trust option on it and hit the Continue button to move on. Once connected, you will see the following home interface.
3. Transfer photos from the iPad to the SD card.
Choose Photos from the left side, preview the thumbnails, and check the items you want to transfer. Next, tap the Export button on the top and select the SD card as the storage place to save the photos.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Flash Drive with or without Computer? (iPhone 12 Supported)
How to Transfer Photos from Android Phone to USB Flash Drive? (3 Ways)
You can also transfer photos from iPad to SD card via iCloud. Below are the steps:
1. On your iPad, go to Settings > iCloud > ensure that you have signed in iCloud with your Apple ID > tap Photos > enable My Photo Stream.
2. On your computer, open iCloud for Windows and log in with the same Apple ID. Next, click Photos > enter the Options next to Photos > tap the Change button next to the Download new photos and videos to my PC option to define output storage > tap Done to download the photos to your computer.
3. Insert your SD card into the computer with an SD card reader. Then, copy and paste the downloaded pictures to the SD card.
See more: You can use these methods to move iPhone photos to a Lenovo PC without a hitch.
Another simple way to move photos from an iPad to an SD card is using a USB cable directly. Now, you can check the following instructions to transfer photos from iPad to SD card on a computer:
1. Connect your iPad to the computer using a USB cable and trust the computer on your iPad if asked.
2. When the AutoPlay window pops up on the computer, select the Import Pictures and Videos option and tap the Import button to start saving the iPad images to your computer.
3. Connect your SD card to the computer via an SD card reader and drag and drop the photos into the SD card.
If you want to transfer photos from an iPad to an SD card without a computer, you need to use an OTG adapter to connect the SD card and the iPad. The OTG adapter is easy to get online.
How to transfer photos from iPad to SD card with an adapter?
1. Insert the SD card into an SD card reader and connect the SD card reader to the iPad via an OTG adapter.
2. Open the Photos app on your iPad, choose the desired photos, and tap the Share icon > select Save to Files > select the DCIM folder under the USB device to store pictures onto the SD card directly.
Below are some extra tips for using an SD card, and we hope it will do you great favor if needed.
Thanks to the four practical solutions in this post, it is not that hard to transfer photos from an iPad to an SD card. If you ask me which way is the easiest, I will recommend you try Coolmuster iOS Assistant. Besides simplicity, you will also find it the most user-friendly and fastest to use. Most importantly, it allows you to preview all images and pick the specific items to sync.
Please tell us in the comments if anytime you get into trouble. Thanks!
Android Backup to SD Card: How to Back Up Android Phone/Tablet to SD Card?
How to Transfer Data from Old Tablet to New Tablet? (Updated)
3 Simple Ways on How to Transfer Photos from SD Card to Computer
How to Recover Deleted Photos from SD Card on Android Phone? (Fixed)
7 Easy & Quick Ways to Transfer Photos from PC to iPad (With or Without iTunes)
How to Transfer Photos from Android to iPad in 4 Simple Ways?