"How can I get photos and videos from an iPhone onto a USB drive? Asking because my wife's phone is full. 90% of the space is photos and videos that she recorded. Her iCloud has been full for months. The only Apple computer we have is my work computer which is full of work stuff. Previous attempts to download things from iCloud to her Windows computer have been frustrating, to say the least."
- Excerpted from Reddit.com
Is your iPhone occupied with videos and photos and wish to transfer them to a USB stick? This article explains how to transfer videos from iPhone to a USB stick in seven easy ways. Approach them one by one and get the best way that suits your situation.
This part includes six quick methods that transfer movies from an iPhone to a USB stick on Windows PC or Mac. Try these methods if you have a computer at hand.
Coolmuster iOS Assistant is the best way to transfer videos from an iPhone to a USB stick because it makes the switch directly and allows you to preview and select videos before migration. Besides, it supports various video formats like MP4, MOV, M4V, etc.
Also, it works well with all iPhone models and USB protocols supported by your computer, such as iPhone 14 Pro Max/14 Pro/14/SE (3rd generation)/13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7, USB 2.0/3.0, etc.
How do I transfer photos and videos from iPhone to USB directly?
1. Install and run Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your computer.
2. Plug your iPhone into the computer via a USB cable and insert the USB stick into your computer's USB port. Once detected, you will see the home interface below.
3. Choose Videos on the left panel, preview all the video information, and tick the desired videos to transfer. Next, hit the Export button on the top and select the USB stick as the storage location to save the videos.
The Photos app is a pre-installed feature on Windows 11/10/8/7 and Mac that allows you to conveniently manage the device's photos and videos. After connecting your iPhone to the Windows PC/Mac, it will be recognized as USB storage, which makes the iPhone to USB migration possible.
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and click Launchpad on the Dock.
2. Search for Photos and open it on your Mac.
3. Click your iPhone on the left window, and you will see all photos and videos on your iPhone.
4. Choose the videos you want to import and tap the Import X Selected button on the top.
5. Connect your USB stick to the Mac and open it from Finder.
6. Find the imported videos on your Mac and drag & drop them onto the USB stick.
Click it if you need: Here are 5 powerful approaches that can transfer music from a computer to an iPhone 11/12/13/14 without difficulty.
On Windows PC:
1. Connect your iPhone and USB stick to your PC and tap Trust on your iPhone if asked.
2. Launch the Photos app from the Start menu and tap Import > From a USB device > Import Settings > set up the flash drive as the destination > hit Done.
3. Unselect the videos you don't want to transfer > hit the Import Selected button.
Perhaps you like: Is it possible to back up your iPhone to Google Drive? Let's read this guide to get the answer.
If you own a Mac, you can also send videos from your iPhone to the USB drive via AirDrop. First, you must share videos from your iPhone to your Mac with AirDrop. Then, copy and paste the videos to the USB flash drive.
How do I transfer from iPhone to USB via AirDrop?
1. Open Control Center on your iPhone > long-press the Wi-Fi network window at the top-left corner to open more options > enable AirDrop > select Contacts Only or Everyone.
2. Open Finder on your Mac > tap Go > AirDrop > check the Allow me to be discovered by option > pick Everyone or Contacts Only.
3. Choose your iPhone's name when displayed on the AirDrop window to establish a connection.
4. Launch the Photos app on your iPhone > select the desired videos > click the Share icon at the lower-left corner > choose your Mac's name to send the videos to your Mac.
5. Once finished, open the Downloads folder on your Mac and find the videos sent from your iPhone.
6. Plug the USB drive into your Mac and open it.
7. Copy the videos from the Downloads folder and paste them to the USB stick.
Guess you need: This guide can help you transfer videos from Mac to an iPad without effort.
Another way to transfer videos from iPhone to a USB stick is using Windows File Explorer. However, it only works for unprotected or DRM-free videos.
How do I transfer a video to a USB stick?
1. Connect your iPhone to your Windows PC with a proper USB cable and trust the computer if asked. Then, plug the USB stick into the computer.
2. When the computer detects your iPhone and prompts, "Apple iPhone - Choose what happens with this device", tap the Open device to view files option.
3. Use the Ctrl key to choose all the videos you wish to move and press the Ctrl + X keys to cut them to the computer clipboard.
4. Click the computer link in the File Explorer window and double-click the USB drive to open it in another window.
5. Click any blank space on the USB stick and press the Ctrl + V keys to paste the clipboard file to the flash drive.
6. Disconnect the iPhone and USB stick from your computer.
You may like: Want to move your music files from your iPhone to an external hard drive? You can utilize these 2 ways.
iTunes encompasses numerous features, like syncing files between iPhone and computer, playing music, and making ringtones. You can use this way if you have purchased movies on your iPhone.
1. Connect your iPhone and the USB drive to the computer.
2. Launch iTunes if it doesn't open automatically.
3. Tap your iPhone in the iTunes window and choose Photos.
4. Tick off Sync Photos, define a location next to the Copy photos from, and check the Include videos option.
5. Hit Apply below to sync them to the default iTunes location.
6. Copy and paste the videos from the default iTunes location to the USB drive.
See more: With these tricks, you can breezily copy large videos from an iPhone to a PC.
Assume you regularly sync iPhone data to iCloud. You can export the uploaded photos from iCloud backup and move them to the USB drive.
Follow the instructions below to move videos from iPhone to USB:
1. Open Settings on your iPhone > tap your name > select iCloud > ensure the Photos option is enabled.
2. Connect the USB stick to your computer.
3. Open icloud.com from a computer browser and log in with the same Apple ID you used to back up videos.
4. Tap the Photos tab > check and select the videos you want to transfer > hit the Download icon > set up the USB drive as the storage location.
Read also: How can you fast back up your iPhone data to a Windows 10 PC? This guide will teach you effective methods.
Nowadays, directly moving videos from the iPhone to a USB stick with an iPhone-compatible USB flash drive is possible. Such USB drive includes Sandisk iXpand Flash Drive, iDiskk 128GB Photo Stick, Sttarluk Photo Stick USB 3.0 Pen Drive, etc.
SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive
A compact and speedy iPhone accessory offers up to 128GB of storage space to store photos and videos from your iPhone and prices at $40. But some complain that it doesn't support files larger than 4GB owing to a FAT32 format.
iDiskk 128GB Photo Stick
It provides a speedy way to move photos and videos from your iPhone to the USB within 20 seconds. Moreover, it also offers the iDiskk Max app to save the videos into the flash drive when connecting your iPhone to the App camera. It supports video formats like MP3, MKV, WMV, etc., and allows you to watch movies directly from the USB stick. The price is $39.79.
Sttarluk Photo Stick USB 3.0 Pen Drive
It offers up to 1TB of storage space to save the iPhone videos, pictures, music, documents, and other data in various formats. Since it offers an 80mb/s reading and 40mb/s writing speed, you don't worry about the transfer speed. Its price is $28.98.
How to transfer videos from iPhone to a USB stick without a computer?
1. Prepare an appropriate external USB adapter that supports the iPhone and USB drive.
2. Connect one end of the external USB adapter to the iPhone and another to the USB stick.
3. Open the Photos app on your iPhone, choose the targeted videos, and tap the Share button to share them to the Files app.
4. Open the Files app, choose the shared videos, and move them to the USB stick.
That's how to transfer videos from iPhone to the USB stick. You can use a modern USB stick to transfer videos from your iPhone to the USB stick directly, but it is usually expensive and may have compatibility issues. Thus, to avoid unnecessary trouble, you can always finish the task via Coolmuster iOS Assistant on a computer, which is cost-efficient, user-friendly, and simple.