"How to transfer data from iPhone to Android without computer?"
If you're thinking of switching from iPhone to Android, you might be wondering how to transfer your contacts without losing any important information. You might also want to avoid using a computer for this process. Luckily, there are several ways teaching how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android without computer, and they are all easy and fast. In this article, 9 ways will be presented. You are free to choose the method that suits you best, depending on your preferences. By the end of this article, the methods with a PC will also be shown in case you need them, and you should be able to move your contacts from iPhone to Android without any hassle.
For users, a method that does not require any other tools is undoubtedly the simplest and the ideal method. In this part, we will introduce five methods about how to transfer iPhone contacts to Android that do not require other tools needing to be downloaded.
One of the easiest methods to move contacts from iPhone to Android is by using a SIM card which is a small chip that stores your phone number and other data, such as your contacts. By transferring your contacts to your SIM card on your iPhone, you can then insert the same SIM card into your Android device and import them there.
Let's see how:
1. Insert your SIM card into your iPhone and go to Settings > Contacts > Import SIM Contacts. This will copy all the contacts stored on your SIM card to your iPhone.
2. Remove the SIM card from your iPhone and insert it into your Android phone. Go to Settings > Contacts > Import/Export contacts > Import from SIM card. This will copy all the contacts stored on your SIM card to your Android phone.
If you want to send a few contacts only instead of contacts in bulk, you can share them via emails or messages. Here are the steps:
- Select the contacts you want to transfer.
- Tap on the Share icon and choose Email or Message as the option.
- Enter the email address or phone number of the device you want to transfer to and send it.
- On the other device, open the email or message and tap on the attachment. It should be a file with a ".vcf" extension. (See how to export Android contacts to VCF)
- Choose to import the contacts to your device and confirm.
If you want to keep your contacts updated across your devices, you can use your Google Account to sync them. Just go to Settings > Accounts > Google and turn on the sync option for contacts.
This way, you can access your contacts from any device that is signed in with your Google Account. You can also edit, delete, or add new contacts from the web at contacts.google.com.
Here's how to get contacts from iPhone to Android via Bluetooth:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone and Android devices.
- Connect the two devices with each other.
- On your iPhone, go to Contacts and tap on the "Share" icon at the top right corner. Select Bluetooth and choose your Android device.
- On your Android, accept the incoming file and save it to your contacts.
Here's how to use a QR code to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Contacts > Share Contact and choose the contacts you want to transfer.
- Tap on Share and select QR Code. This will generate a QR code with your contacts' information.
- On your Android phone, scan the QR code on your iPhone's screen. This will import the contacts to your Android phone.
In addition to the methods introduced above, the following methods require downloading some auxiliary tools. You can freely choose according to your own needs.
There are various manufacturer tools available to transfer iPhone contacts to Android. Take Samsung Smart Switch for an example. Here are the steps to use it:
- Download and install Samsung Smart Switch on both your iPhone and Android phone.
- Open Smart Switch on your iPhone and select "Start".
- Agree to the terms and conditions, then select "Agree".
- Connect your iPhone and Android phone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your Android phone, open Smart Switch and select "iOS Device".
- Follow the prompts to connect your iPhone and Android phone.
- Select the data you want to transfer, including contacts, and start the transfer process.
Note that the exact steps may vary depending on the specific manufacturer tool you use. It's always a good idea to check the manufacturer's website or support documentation for detailed instructions.
If you are a Google Drive user, then this software will come in handy now. Here's how:
- After opening or installing Google Drive, sign in with your Google account.
- Tap the menu icon and select Settings > Backup.
- Choose Contacts and start the backup.
- On your Android phone, sign in with the same Google account and sync your contacts.
In case you need:
Switch to Android is a service provided by Android that helps users move from iPhone to Android 11 or earlier devices. Here is how to use Switch to Android to transfer iPhone contacts to your Android device:
- Download Switch to Android app on both devices.
- Connect iPhone and Android to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Switch to Android app on iPhone and tap Start.
- Scan the QR code shown on Android with iPhone.
- Select Contacts and any other data you want to transfer.
- Tap Transfer and wait for the process to finish.
A CSV (comma-separated values) file is a text file that stores data in a tabular format in which each row represents a record, and each column represents a field. The values in the fields are separated by commas. CSV files are commonly used to store data in spreadsheets and databases. Here you can use iCloud to save iPhone contacts as CSV files and import them to your Android phone, but it may not be as convenient as the other methods mentioned above.
- On your iPhone, find Settings > [your name] > iCloud and turn on Contacts.
- On your computer, open a web browser and go to icloud.com. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on Contacts and select the ones you want to export.
- Click on the gear icon at the bottom left corner and choose Export vCard. This will download a VCF file to your computer.
- Go to vcard2csv.com and upload the VCF file. This will convert it to a CSV file that you can download.
- On your Android phone, find Settings > Accounts and sync and add a Google account if you don't have one already.
- On your computer, open a web browser and go to contacts.google.com. Sign in with your Google account and click on Import.
- Choose the CSV file that you downloaded from vcard2csv.com and click on Import. This will upload your contacts to your Google account.
- On your Android phone, find Settings > Accounts and sync and tap on your Google account. Make sure Contacts is checked and sync your account.
- You should now see your iPhone contacts on your Android phone.
In this part, two methods of transferring iPhone contacts to Android with a PC will be shown briefly. Although this article mainly discusses how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android without computer, still, people who may have a need can still read on and choose the method they prefer.
Coolmuster Mobile Transfer is a powerful tool that can transfer contacts, messages, photos, videos and more between different devices and is compatible with the latest iOS 16 & Android 11. Here's how to use it:
01Download and install Coolmuster Mobile Transfer on your computer and launch it.
02Connect both your iPhone and Android phone to the computer via USB cables and wait for the program to detect them.
03Choose Mobile Transfer mode and make sure your iPhone is the source device, and your Android phone is the destination device. You can click the Flip button to change their positions if needed.
04Select Contacts from the list of data types and click Start Copy button to begin the transfer process.
Here's how to use iTunes to move contacts from iPhone to Android:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and then open iTunes.
- Select your iPhone from the device list and click on Info.
- Check the box next to Sync Contacts and choose Google Contacts from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your Google account details and click Apply.
- Wait for iTunes to sync your contacts with Google.
- On your Android phone, find Settings > Accounts > Google and sign in with the same account.
- Tap on Sync now and wait for your contacts to appear on your Android phone.
See if you need:
In conclusion, moving contacts from iPhone to Android can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn't have to be. With the methods we have discussed in this article, you can easily transfer your contacts without (or with) the need for a computer. From using cloud services like iCloud and Google Drive to using third-party apps, there are plenty of options available to make the transition seamless.
It's important to remember that each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it's up to you to decide which one works best for your specific needs. Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully to ensure a successful transfer.
Get started and enjoy your new phone with all your contacts in place!