Forgot the password/PIN on your Samsung tablet and locked out of yourself? Don't worry. This tutorial tells you how to unlock a Samsung tablet without losing data using six workable ways. Here you go!
Way 1. How to Unlock Samsung Tablet without Password via Samsung Unlock
Way 2. How to Bypass Passcode on Samsung Tablet Using Find My Mobile
Way 3. How to Factory Reset Samsung Tablet without Password
Way 4. How to Recover Forgotten Password on Samsung Tablet with Android Device Manager
Way 5. How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Forgot Password Using a Google Account
Way 6. How to Unlock a Samsung Tablet when You Forgot the Password without Losing Data via Android Debug Bridge
Wish to find a panacea that can unlock any lock screen in one click? There is no better way than Samsung Unlock. With this app, you can remove your Samsung tablet PIN, pattern, password, fingerprints, or Face ID within seconds. What's more, if you use an earlier version of the Samsung tablet, you don't even worry about data loss.
The key features of Samsung Unlock:
* Unlock the pattern lock, PIN code, fingerprints, passcode, and Face ID on Samsung tablets in seconds.
* Bypass Google FRP on Samsung without a Google account or PIN code.
* Unlock some old Samsung phones and tablets without data loss.
* Easy to use for everyone without knowing tech knowledge.
* Widely compatible with all Samsung tablets with Android 2.1 and up to the latest version, such as Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra/S8+/S8/S7 FE/S7/S7+/S6/S6 Lite/S5e/S4/S3/S2/A2019/A8/A7/A2017/A2016, etc.
Note: The unlocking process may erase the modern Samsung tablet's vital data and settings. Thus, we highly suggest you try to access your locked Android device via USB to back up the device data before moving on.
One-click to unlock Samsung tablet forgot PIN:
1. Launch Samsung Unlock on your computer after installation and enter the Screen Unlock module.
Then, connect your Samsung tablet to the PC using a USB cable and tap the Unlock Android Screen mode.
2. Choose the correct formation of your Samsung tablet and hit Next.
Later, get your Samsung device into the Download mode with the on-screen instructions.
3. The software will automatically download the recovery package for your tablet. Once finished, it will unlock the Samsung tablet, too.
You may like:
Suppose you have created a Samsung account on your Samsung device and enabled the Find My Mobile option before your tablet gets locked. In that case, you can unlock your Samsung tablet remotely.
How do you bypass the lock screen on a Samsung tablet via Find My Mobile?
1. Open findmymobile.samsung.com/ from another device's browser and sign in with the same Samsung account you use on your locked tablet.
2. Choose the Samsung tablet you want to unlock and tap the Unlock button.
3. Click the Unlock button again and type in your Samsung account password to confirm the operation. Finally, hit Next to start the unlocking process.
Read also: How can you recover files from the Samsung Galaxy recycle bin? Actually, it is easy. Let's check it out.
Suppose, unfortunately, you forgot the Samsung account and password as well. In that case, you can try factory resetting your Samsung tablet without a password. However, you will lose everything on your device after unlocking.
How to reset a Samsung tablet without a password?
1. Power off your Samsung tablet.
2. Press the Volume Down button twice to bring up a menu, choose the Recovery mode, and press the Power button to confirm.
3. While holding the Power button, tap the Volume Up button to get into the Recovery mode.
4. Use the Volume buttons to select the Wipe data/factory reset option and confirm the selection with the Power button.
5. After a factory reset, choose the Reboot system now option to restart your device. Then you can freely access it without a lock screen.
Like Find My Mobile, Android Device Manager by Google can also help you unlock the Samsung tablet remotely if you have turned on the Find My Device option on your Samsung tablet before. But you will experience data loss from your tablet.
1. Visit google.com/android/find from a computer browser and log in with the same Google account you use on your Samsung device.
2. Pick your locked Samsung tablet under All Devices and tap the Erase option.
3. Choose the Erase device option and enter your Google account password to confirm the operation.
Maybe you like: You can now remove the screen lock PIN from Android. Here are 7 proven solutions for your reference.
This way works only on Android 4.4 and older versions associated with a valid Google account. If your Samsung Galaxy Tablet fulfills the system requirement, you can get it unlocked with the steps below.
How do I unlock my Samsung tablet if I forgot my password without resetting it?
1. Unceasingly input the wrong passcode five times until the Forgot Pattern shows up at the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap the Forgot Pattern followed by the Enter Google account details option. Next, enter the same Google account credentials linked with your tablet and tap Sign in.
3. On the next screen, select Screen Unlock and set up a new passcode/pattern/PIN or choose None for your Samsung device.
4. Once done, your Samsung tablet will return to the home screen.
Android Debug Bridge (ADB) can also bypass the locked Samsung tablet. To use this way, you need to enable USB debugging on your device before it gets locked. Compared with other solutions, it is more time-consuming and complicated.
How to unlock a Samsung tablet without a password using ADB?
1. Download ADB on your computer, run the installer, and install all the necessary packages to your system.
2. Plug your Samsung tablet into the computer with a USB cable and wait for the computer to detect your device.
3. Open a command window in the ADB installation directory and enter the command: adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key before pressing the Enter key.
4. Reboot your Samsung tablet. Now you can access it as usual.
That's all for how to unlock the Samsung tablet without losing data. All the above methods work for unlocking the locked Samsung device, but we still recommend you try Samsung Unlock. It is the easiest way to remove the lock screen without a password and has the highest success rate. Meanwhile, by following our instructions step by step, you won't worry about data loss. Won't you have a try?