Last Sunday, I browsed a piece of information on Facebook by chance. Mr Smith, a LG G6 user, couldn't get access to his locked phone as he forgot his changed lock pattern. He called the after-sales service for help, but the technician advised him to restore the factory settings. Yet, there were some vital data in his phone. Then he retrieved relevant info, not being sure about how to unlock locked Android phone without losing data.
It happens that I know something about how to unlock Android phone pattern/PIN/password lock without losing data. Generally, we don't restore to factory settings, with there seemingly not being a wise method of keeping phone intact. To be precise, factory settings means the format, which, namely, once carried out this operation, the phone will not retain the original address book, messages, music, photos, apps documents, etc. In addition to the above files, you need to reset all system settings function after you reboot your phone.
Thus, to unlock locked Android phone without losing data can be very essential. To this end, this guide will give you a clue on how to unlock Android password without losing data. Read on for more?
Method 1: How to Unlock Locked Android Phone without Losing Data – Android Unlock Expert
Method 2: How to Unlock Locked Android Phone without Losing Data – Find my device
Method 3: How to Unlock Android Password without Losing Data – Google Account
Method 4: How to Unlock Android Phone Pattern Lock without Losing Data – ADB
Method 5: How to Unlock Android Phone Password without Losing Data – Booting into Safe Mode
Americans spend 5.4 hours on the phone per day. Among others, The Millennial generation, compared to baby boomers (5 hours on average), spend slightly more time (5.7 hours on average) on mobile phones. Sometimes, some wrong operation might make cell phone not being able to operate, you may feel it boring. So looking for certain solution may bring you with some bad experience, that's because you haven't met Android Unlock Expert, which is an awesome program to unlock locked Android phone without losing data.
* Operate on almost all Android phone including Samsung, HTC, LG, Huawei, Lenovo, Sony, Motorola, ZTE, Google Nexus, etc.
* Run on Samsung and LG phone with standard mode and other phone brands with advanced mode.
* Remove four items as password, PIN, pattern, fingerprint.
* Unlock screen without data loss to ensure your data safe.
* Provide with easy steps to unlock Android phone in 5 minutes.
Where can I download such a smart tool? Just click the following button.
* Step 1. Start the app and choose "Unlock" on the screen after you install it. Then connect your Android device to PC via a USB cable, and click the "Unlock Android Screen" icon as prepared.
* Step 2. Choose the second option to select the device model in the list. Fill in the blanks and tap "Next".
* Step 3. Follow the instruction to enter "Download Mode" for your Android phone before it begins to download the recovery package.
* Step 4. After a while, the screen will prompt you "Remove password completed", and you need to confirm whether your screen is activated.
Tips: 1. Advise you to backup Android to Mac, Windows or other external device regularly if you try a less secure unlocking tool. Providing you unlock it more than once, you might know how and when your phone is locked.
2. Your phone may be locked under the following circumstances: You buy a second-hand mobile phone without knowing the password, you forget the password, you try and error the password more than 3 or 5 times, the screen goes wrong or the Android phone is invaded by the virus. See the 6 ways to unlock Android phone if you forgot the password.
Find My Device (its old name is Android Device Manager), similar to Find My iPhone introduced by Apple Inc, which can unlock locked Android phone without losing data. But you need to install Visual Studio 2019 Community (15.8 or above) and make sure Android SDK is to be mounted on the C drive first.
* Step 1. Log in the website with Google certificate of your phone being able to run on the site.
* Step 2. Select the phone you need to unlock (if you only have one device, please skip this process). Tap Lock > Enter Temporary Password > Lock.
* Step 3. Enter a password you want to set after you see the password area on your Android phone. Next, fill in with the password you've just set on the phone again, and then your device can be unlocked.
Notes: We might recall Find My Mobile at the sight of Find My Device. The former has the similar function, but it can only perform on Samsung phone.
To use Google Account, you need to get Google account with username and password at first, and remember the account info. Then, log in it to get the task done. This method, named "Forgot pattern feature", can help get access to your locked phone, but it is only available for Android 4.4 or lower.
* Step 1. You may have already keyed password on your Android phone more than 5 times. Now you only need to input a wrong password again and follow the prompts - "Forgotten the password" after 30 seconds.
* Step 2. Choose "Unlock via Google" to fill in the username and password of Google account. After that, you can get into your phone.
Tips: If you haven't logged into your Google account for a long time or have changed your device for logging in, your Google account may need to verify your identity and then recommend that you review your account settings.
You might need: Can you unlock your LG phone when you forget the password? If needed, click this link to get help.
Running on a PC, Android Debug Bridge is used to send commands to a server, which manages the communication between the client and the ADB daemon running the emulator or device. Then these commands can be used to unlock an Android phone without losing data.
* Step 1. Connect your Android phone to PC with a USB cable. After that, open the start menu, run the "Win+R" key and enter "CMD" and open command prompt from adb installation directory.
* Step 2. Input "adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key" command and press "Enter". Then reboot your Android phone after the secure lock screen vanishing for the time being.
* Step 3. Restart your phone after you reset your new pattern, PIN or password. Then your phone can be unlocked at once.
Tips: Suggest you recording it on some device or memo in case you forget it again.
Android Safe Mode is similar to Windows safe model. With the safe mode, third party applications will not automatically start, and only system applications can be performed. While booting it, you can see the bottom left corner of the desktop displaying the word "Safe Mode", on which users can uninstall unwanted apps. Additionally, safe mode will not damage applications and personal data.
* Step 1. Press on your Power button of Android phone until the "Power Off", "Shut Down" or "Restart" sign pops up, then press and hold "Power Off" button.
* Step 2. Tap "OK" to boot from safe mode, remove screen lock program and reboot the phone.
Notes: Sometimes, you might not be able to quit safe mode after the last step, you can reinstall the battery in order to reset the settings of your Android phone. If it doesn't work, you can use the anti-virus software to completely check your phone for virus and restart it.
That's all for how to unlock Android password without losing data. Among 5 methods, some of them have usage restrictions, while others need to download third-party software or conduct safety settings, and still another are lack of security. Have you got them all? If you don't have a backup and want to choose the safest and most convenient way to unlock your phone without erasing the mobile data, the Android Unlock Expert is the most ideal choice for unlocking the phone.
Getting an unlock tool in advance, you needn't worry about how to unlock Android phone pattern/PIN/password lock without losing data. Download the app and start your unlocking journey now. If useful, welcome to share your tips with your friends.