2 Methods to Print out Text Message Conversation from Android Phone
If you are like me, who is keen on keeping text messages on the phone and unwilling to delete them unless the memory gets full, I am sure you will be interested in the topic of printing text messages from Android phone (we previously told how to print contacts from Android phone). Printing these SMS messages off is a way to leave an evidence of your husband's or wife's cheating, or you can permanently retain the treasures contained in these SMS messages. Therefore, printing text messages from Android can backup your valuable information in case they have been deleted or lost some day.
To print text message conversations from your Android phone, you need to perform 2 steps: export text messages from Android phone to computer and then print them out via your printer.
Method One: Using Android Assistant
To export your texts from Android phone and then print them out, you can try to use Coolmuster Android Assistant (for all Windows OS) or Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac, which is a trustworthy and risk-free program to help you extract text messages and other file types like videos, music, audio files, contacts, call history, etc. from Android phones (such as Samsung, HTC, ZTE, LG, HUAWEI, Sony, etc.) to Mac or PC with zero quality loss. It highly improves the efficiency of Android data management on computer.
Steps to export Android SMS to PC with Android Assistant:
1. Download the Windows version of the software and install it on your PC. Connect your Android phone to the PC and run the installed software.
2. The software scan for your Android internal storage automatically and you can see all file types on your Android phone are displayed on the left.
3. Open "SMS" tab and choose the text messages you want to print and click Export button to export them to the PC.
Method Two: Using Lab.Fone for Android
To print Android SMS, you can also have a try with a professional Android data recovery software - Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android (for all Windows versions) or Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android (Mac). It is professional in recovering lost and deleted files, such as text messages, contacts, photos, videos, music, etc. from Android mobile phone and tablet. Please note that it is also able to scan and show the exiting text messages on your Android phone, so that you can export them to your computer for printing. All the exported Android text messages will be saved as HTML format, which is printable.
1. Download, install and launch the Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android;
2. Use a USB cable to connect your Android phone to the computer;
3. All detectable file types are displayed on the left, where you should choose "Messages" category;
4. All lost and existing text messages are displayed on the right. Existing ones are listed in black color;
5. Preview and select the text messages you want to print and click "Recover" button to save them on your computer.
All the Android text messages that have been exported via the two methods above are all saved in CSV file format, which is located in computer desktop and named Messaging.CSV file.
1. Double-click to open the Messaging.CSV file in the Microsoft Excel. So, make sure you have installed MS Excel on your PC. Otherwise, you need to use another tool to view and print the CSV file.
2. You can adjust the cells of the spreadsheet as needed in order to achieve your ideal content display effect.
3. Click File from the top menu and click Print from the left pane of the window.
4. Set the number of copies that you want to print from the top left corner of the right pane.
5. After all the above operations, you can click Print button now. You can also have a chance now to adjust the printing as you like.
1. First of all, install the printer on your home network or on a computer on your network. Install the printer on your network and follow the printer's documentation to connect it to Google Cloud Print. If the installed printer is Cloud Ready, you can add it to the Google Cloud Printer list without connecting to your computer.
2. You can open Google Chrome on a computer that is already connected to the printer and then use Chrome to add your printer to your Google Cloud Print account.
3. Click the "Menu" button, which displays like the three bars icon, select Settings, then click the "Show Advanced Settings" link at the bottom of the page.
4. Click "Manage" in the Google Cloud Print section. Here, you'll be asked to sign in with your Google Account.
5. Click "Add Printer" to add a printer that is connected to your computer or network. If you have a Cloud Ready printer, it will automatically be added to the printer list without any settings.
6. Tick off the printer you want to add. If you have more than one printer installed, you can add multiple printers at once.
7. Open Chrome and leave your computer turned on. Chrome also needs to run in the background because Google Cloud Print needs to send print jobs through the Chrome browser on your computer.
8. If the printer you added is Cloud Ready, simply turn on the power and connect to the network to print. No need to turn on the computer.
1. Open the text message you want to print. Copy the text you want to print. You can usually press and hold a text message and select "Copy" from the menu that appears. You can also manually select the text and then click the "Copy" button at the top of the screen.
2. If your SMS has built-in printing, you can print directly from your SMS application, but most mobile phones do not have this feature. If your SMS app has a share button, you can choose Cloud Print.
3. You can paste the copied text into a print-enabled application by holding down the open document and selecting "Paste" from the menu. Take Google Drive as an example. You can paste the text into a new Drive document and print it. You can also use a Notes application or other text editor.
4. Once the SMS text has been pasted, you can go to the Share menu or click the three vertical buttons to print.
Knowledge: How does Android Phone Store Text Messages?
Before we show you how to print off Android text messages, it is necessary to understand how our phones store the SMS messages because we need to export the message from Android to computer at first. Multi-media files are saved in the external SD card and you can easily transfer data from a cell phone SD card to computer by using a USB cable, but text message is easier said than done as it was stored in phone's memory. You have to ask help from third-party software to help you export text messages from an Android phone and then you can start to print them out.