"I was trying to move my pictures from my Galaxy S6 to a USB stick through my PC using Windows File Explorer. The 'Camera' folder on the phone was renamed in error, and I did a 'folder rename undo' not realizing what had happened. Now all my pics in that folder are gone!!! It is not on the PC either. I assume the pics are still on the internal memory somewhere but hidden. Any suggestions? Even trusted software to use?"
- A user from Android Central
Want to make Samsung Galaxy S6 data recovery after losing important media or informative data? Generally, you can quickly retrieve the deleted files on Galaxy S6 from the backup file if there is one already. However, if you forget to back up your Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge previously, how do you get them back? In that case, you will need a professional Samsung Galaxy S6 recovery tool.
These are two scientific approaches to Samsung Galaxy S6 file recovery. No matter what is the case for you, you will find an effective solution in this article.
Part 1. Can You Recover Deleted Files from Galaxy S6?
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Files on Samsung Galaxy S6 without Backup via Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android
Part 3. How to Restore Deleted Photos from Galaxy S6 from Recently Deleted Folder
Part 4. How to Get Deleted Data Off Samsung Galaxy S6 from Local Backup
Yes, it's possible. Unlike a computer, which allows you to restore the deleted data from a Recycle Bin to its original path, the Samsung phone does not have a Recycle Bin. However, this does not mean that Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge data recovery is impossible.
If you can stop using your Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge after data loss as soon as possible, you will avoid creating new data to overwrite the lost files to a great extent. You can also restore the deleted items from the previous backup file if you have regularly backed up your device.
Thus, we recommend you make a regular backup of your Samsung Galaxy in daily life and switch off Wi-Fi/cellular data, and power off your device before recovering the deleted data with the help of Samsung S6 recovery software.
The best way to recover the deleted files on Galaxy S6 is using Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android. It makes it easier to recover the deleted photos, music, documents, and other data from Samsung's internal memory or SD card without backup. Besides, it enables you to preview the content before choosing whichever to recover.
The highlights of Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android:
* Recover the deleted messages, contacts, call logs, photos, music, and documents from Samsung's internal memory and SD card (if any) to a computer.
* Back up the existing data from your Samsung device or SD card to the computer.
* Offer two recovery modes - Android Data Recovery and SD Card Recovery.
* USB and Wi-Fi connection.
* Preview the deleted and existing data on your Samsung device before recovery and choose the wanted items to recover or back up.
* Support most Samsung phones & tablets (Android 4 to Android 11), such as Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra/S20/S20+/S20 Ultra/S20 FE/Galaxy Z Flip3/Z Folder3/Z Folder2/Z Flip/S10+/S10/S10e/S9+/S9/S8+/S8/S7/S6/S6 Edge, etc.
How to recover deleted photos from Galaxy S6 without backup?
1. Install and run the program on your computer. Next, tap Android Recovery on the interface to proceed.
2. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge to the computer via a USB cable and enable USB debugging on your phone as prompted.
When the program recognizes your phone, you will get the data selection interface. Choose the data types you want to scan and hit Next. Then follow the on-screen instructions to continue until it scans out all data on your device.
Note: If you cannot find the wanted files, root your device and try again.
3. Tap Photos on the left panel, preview and check the pictures you wish to recover, and hit the Recover button at the lower-right corner to start the Samsung Galaxy S6 data recovery.
Generally, the Recently Deleted folder, located in the Photos app, will keep the deleted images and videos for up to 30 days before removing them forever. So, if you never clear up the deleted photos or videos in the Recently Deleted album, there's a high chance that you will restore the deleted images from the folder.
Let's see how it works.
1. Open the Photos app on your Samsung Galaxy S6 and tap the Albums section.
2. Scroll down to find and select the Recently Deleted album.
3. Choose the photos you want to restore and tap the Restore button.
Most Samsung smartphones come with a built-in backup feature. If you have synced the Samsung data with the backup feature before they are missing, you can directly restore them on your phone.
To restore deleted files from the local backup:
1. Go to the device's Settings > Accounts and backup > Backup and restore > Restore data.
2. Select your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge and then the files you want to restore.
3. Hit the Restore button below.
You may like:
After reading this article, you can select one way to make Samsung Galaxy S6 data recovery accordingly. People who don't have a device's backup files are recommended to select Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android. As mentioned above, you can preview all the scanned out data and choose the desired files to recover in a few simple clicks. Also, you will get instant online help whenever you run into difficulties.