How to Retrieve Deleted Texts on Samsung Galaxy/Note [Full Guide]
It is true that SMS still plays a pivotal role for most of mobile phone users, especially when receiving the SMS verification code for some online accounts. Many friends are used to cleaning up text messages on mobile phone regularly, which comes with a problem: there is no recycling bin or "Restore" button for SMS messages, you can't recover deleted messages directly from your phone, even though you are using an Samsung phones. So how to retrieve deleted texts on Samsung device exactly if you accidentally delete the wrong text messages?
As a matter of fact, if you want to retrieve deleted text messages from Samsung devices, there are always ways out! Let's learn how to find deleted text messages from Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/S6, Note 9/8/7/6 phone, etc. with the latest tutorial here now together.
Part 1: Why the Lost Text Messages Can Be Retrieved?
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Messages from Samsung Phone Directly?
Part 3: How to Find Deleted Text Messages from Samsung Kies Backup?
Part 4: How to Retrieve Deleted Texts on Samsung without Computer?
Part 5: How to Safely Keep Your Samsung Messages from Losing Again?
To understand why and how you can restore deleted text messages from Samsung phones, it is necessary to know how the text messages are stored on Samsung devices at first.
Other than multi-media files that are saved on SD card, text messages are stored in the internal flash memory of Samsung Note or Samsung Galaxy. Just like the storage principle of hard drive, when you delete text messages or clear your SMS inbox, these deleted text messages are not be erased actually and immediately, they are still here, in another form that is invisible and inaccessible. In another word, your text messages are not deleted actually from Samsung internal memory space immediately. (See how to recover lost data from Samsung internal memory)
Therefore, if you delete some important messages from your Samsung phone by careless, no need to panic, it is still possible to retrieve deleted SMS from Samsung devices. It's worth noting that you'd better TURN OFF wireless/mobile data on your Samsung phone right away and DO NOT USE the phone temporarily, especially download files or apps with the phone, then find a professional SMS recovery tool to get deleted text messages back from Samsung phone as soon as possible. These can help you prevent the deleted Samsung text messages from being overwritten with the new data.
Once you get the professional SMS recovery program for Samsung device, you can smoothly access the internal storage of your Samsung phone and directly retrieve deleted text messages on Android Samsung phone, without any quality loss.
The professional SMS recovery tool - Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android is an powerful all-in-one Android data recovery and backup program, which also enables users to retrieve deleted text messages from Samsung phones and tablets. Actually, not only text messages can be recovered, but also the other files can be restored, including contacts, call logs, photos, videos, audios, documents and more.
Let's take a quick survey of the Samsung SMS recovery program - Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android
* Perform quick and deep scan on Samsung phone's internal memory or SIM card to recover the lost messages, call logs and contacts.
* Deleted or lost messages, call logs and contacts can be recovered and saved as readable HTML or XML format.
* Retrieve deleted or lost photos, videos, audios, documents and more from Android SD card with ease.
* Export the existing data from Samsung device to computer for backup.
* Offer 2 modes to recover data from Samsung: Android Data Recovery mode and SD Card Recovery mode.
* This Android SMS recovery program comes with simple GUI and is pretty easy to use.
* Support almost all Samsung phones and tablets, including but not limited to Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+/S9+/S9/S8/S7, Galaxy Note 9/Note 9 Plus/Note 8/Note 7, Samsung J3/J3 Pro, Samsung Galaxy A9/A8/A7/A5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4/S3/S2, Galaxy Tab A.
* It is fully compatible with Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista. If you are a Mac user, Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android (Mac) is what you need.
Learn more >>
Download the Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android to retrieve deleted text messages from Samsung below:
Practice always can say everything. Here comes the guide showing you how to retrieve deleted texts on Samsung step by step. We insert screenshots from Windows version (Windows 10/8/7) into the guide below but the operations are suitable for both Mac and Windows platforms.
Tutorial on How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Samsung
Step 1. Run the software and connect Samsung phone to computer
Launch the installed recovery software and connect your Samsung phone to computer via a USB cable, the program will try to recognize your device. If prompted, please enable USB debugging on the connected Samsung device and follow the onscreen prompts for successful connection.
Step 2. Scan for the lost text messages on your Samsung device
Once your device is connected successfully, you might see the interface as below. Please tick off "Messages" and other file types that you want to scan and recover from your Samsung device, and click "Next" to continue. The software will automatically detect your phone and scan it deeply, including the external SD card.
Notes: To successfully access and retrieve deleted text messages on Samsung phone, it is necessary to root your Samsung device before the deleted messages can be scanned out and recovered.
Step 3. Real-time preview and recover deleted text messages on Samsung
When the scan finishes, all the contained files in your phone will be displayed in categories. Both of your existing (in black) and lost (in red) text messages will be found with detailed information like name, size and deleted time. Preview check the messages your need to recover one by one, and click "Recover" button to restore deleted text messages from Samsung phone immediately, and save them on computer in readable HTML or XML format.
If you are wonder how to retrieve blocked text messages on Samsung S8/S9/S10, it is the same way as above. You can choose to open the HTML or XML files on computer to preview the recovered Samsung messages, create a backup, print or edit these messages for further use.
Tips: How to Recover Deleted Contacts and SMS on Samsung?
By the way, if you need to recover deleted text messages and contacts from Samsung phone only, you can fully depend on Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery, which is specially designed for Android users to recover deleted and lost contacts, as well as text messages from Android mobile phone with ease.
Want to recover other files from Samsung or other Android phones? Check this guide on how to recover lost and deleted data from your Android here.
If you have backed up your Samsung phone to Samsung Kies, you can easily recover deleted text messages from your Samsung backups.
Here is how to retrieve deleted messages on Samsung with Samsung Kies backup:
1. Make sure you have backed up your Samsung phone using Kies.
2. Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable.
3. Once the phone is recognized by the computer, the Kies program will start automatically. If not, you will need to open the program manually.
4. Navigate to the "Back up/Restore" > "Restore Data" tab, select the backup file you want to restore.
5. Check "Message" and click the "Restore" button to restore the backed up SMS to your Samsung phone.
See more details on how to backup and restore Samsung data with Samsung Kies.
When you open a newly purchased Samsung smartphone, say Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 Plus or Galaxy S10e, you will be asked to log in using your Samsung account or create a new Samsung account. Once logged in, you can back up all your phone data to the Samsung Cloud. If you have backed up your messages on Samsung phone in this way, you might use this method to recover deleted messages on Samsung without computer.
Here's how to retrieve deleted texts on Samsung without computer using Samsung Cloud:
1. Once the backup is complete, just open the Settings app on your Samsung phone and scroll down to find "Backup and Restore" option. Under Samsung account column, you can restore contacts, text messages, clocks and settings from "SAMSUNG CLOUD ".
2. You need to click on the "Restore" option and all the backup files will be listed.
3. Select the text messages you want to get back and restore them to your phone.
4. Finally, you can tap "RESTORE NOW" button to recover deleted messages from Samsung phone now.
Note: The restored data will overwrite the existing data on your phone, so you'd better back up your Samsung phone before the restore process to prevent some newly added data on your phone from being overwritten.
Honestly, in order to reduce your unnecessary trouble in recovery deleted text messages from Samsung, it is necessary to back up your Samsung data to computer regularly to avoid data loss. After that, if you have unfortunately deleted or lost your precious data from your Samsung mobile, you can restore the backup file from your computer to your Samsung device with ease!
In this way, any reliable way to backup Samsung data on computer? Sure, you can try the Coolmuster Android Assistant, which is fully capable of transferring all your Android device data on computer, and vice versa. As an all-in-one data management app for all Android devices, it can back up/restore overall data types from Android device to/from computer, including contacts, SMS messages, photos, call logs, videos, music, documents, audios, books, etc.
Plus, it is quite simple to use Coolmuster Android Assistant to back up text messages from Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/S6 to computer:
1. Download and install the Android Assistant on your computer.
2. Connect your Samsung phone to the computer via USB cable.
3. Click "SMS" tab from the left sidebar, select the messages you want to backup and click "Export" button on the top menu.
A simple video guide shows you how to backup Samsung data with Coolmuster Android Assistant: