How to Recover Deleted Screenshots from Android Phone Successfully? (Proven)
Sometimes, we may find quite a few useful tips or knowledge that you do not know when we are surfing the Internet and we may want to download for backup but there is no way out. Then the best way to keep it is to make a screenshot. However, with more and more large photos or videos stored on your Android device, we may accidentally delete some useful screenshots when freeing up more space on Android device.
If you are encountering the same situation but do not know how to recover deleted screenshots from Android device, you can have a look at this article, which introduces how to recover screenshots on Android and how to avoid data loss.
Part 1. Where Are My Screenshots on Android Device?
Part 2. Reasons behind Screenshots Loss or Deletion on Android Device
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Screenshots on Android Device via Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android
Part 4. How Do I Recover A Screenshot on Android from Google Photos
Bonus Tips: Back Up Android Screenshots to Avoid Any Losses Again
You can press and hold the Power + Volume down buttons at the same time on most Android devices to take a screenshot on Android device. After that, you can visit the Gallery app to find your screenshots easily. Besides, you can also find them in the storage location on your Android device. For most Android smartphones running Android 4.0 and later versions, the screenshots location is at: Files > Internal storage > Pictures > Screenshots.
While older Android versions (Android 2.3 and lower) don't allow users to take screenshots and you can only do it with the third-party apps. If that is the case, you can find screenshots in Screenshots folder on external memory card.
In short, screenshot or screencap, is an image that displays the screen of a computer or mobile device, which could also be deleted. Below are some common reasons why screenshots are missing on Android device:
- Accidental formatting of Android memory card/Android device:
Many Android phones provide a shortcut for users to format memory card or the device without taking careful consideration. Thus, if you have formatted Android's memory card or Android which contains screenshots, then screenshots may be deleted without notice.
- Mistaken deletion:
When there are a lot of unnecessary files on your Android device, we may select them and delete in bulk. However, if you mistakenly choose some important screenshots among them and are not aware of that, you may lose screenshots after deletion.
- Installation of unknown apps or malware:
When we install apps on Android device, almost all apps need to acquire necessary permissions before use, like storage, telephone, camera, microphone, contacts permission, etc. If the app contains malicious files, it will modify your phone content according to the permissions they obtain. Indeed, I have lost some important doc. files on my Android device, and the anti-virus software told me one app deletes them and it blocked unsuccessfully. This is also the way you lost screenshots.
- Using the same SD card on multiple devices:
If you are using the same SD card on multiple devices, such as Android phone, Android tablet, Windows laptop, digital cameras, Android music player, Android TV, recorder and so on, it will lead to card or file system corruption, which further causes you to lose screenshots and other data on Android phone.
- Other reasons:
Other reasons, like virus attack, Android OS update, file system corruption, factory reset, improper removal of external memory card containing screenshots, system error, broken/cracked/smashed screen, ROM flashing, rooting, etc. may also result in screenshot loss.
Whatever reason it is, after deletion, you had better stop using your Android device, switch off Wi-Fi/mobile data and power it off to avoid producing any new data. Once no new data overwrites the deleted screenshots, it will be possible for you to retrieve screenshots from Android phone. Of course, if you have backed up screenshots on Android device, you will never suffer from Android screenshot loss.
So how do I recover a screenshot from Android device after deletion? Here is the best screenshot recovery app - Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android. It has two recovery modes. Under Android Data Recovery mode, you can recover deleted audio files, messages, contacts, photos, videos, music, call logs and documents from Android internal memory and SD card (if any) to computer. And under SD Card Recovery mode, you can recover deleted videos, photos, music and documents from SD card to computer. And both recovery modes support you to back up the existing data to computer.
Most strikingly, it supports to preview both existing and deleted files before recovery or back up as well as select wanted files. What's more, the recovered files or backups on computer will keep the original file format and data quality.
Well, Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android works well with Samsung, Huawei, Sony, HTC, LG, Motorola, ZTE, Xiaomi, Google and any other Android devices running Android 4.0 and later versions, such as Samsung Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra, Huawei Nova 7/Nova 7 Pro/Nova 7 SE//P40/P40 Pro, Sony Xperia 5/5 Plus/4, HTC U12 Plus/U12+/U12 Life, LG G8 ThinQ/G8s ThinQ/G8X/G8X ThinQ/G7 ThinQ/G7 Fit/G7 One, Google Pixel 5/4/4 XL/4a, and so forth.
How to recover deleted screenshots on Android phone?
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android on your computer, and enter in Android Recovery module from the toolbox.
2. Connect your Android device to computer via a USB cable and enable USB debugging and grant permission on your phone as prompted. After that, select the data type you want to recover and the scanning mode for media files, and press Continue to go on. After successful connection, you will see all files in different folders on this program (Notes: if you do not find wanted screenshots after scanning, try to root your device and scan again).
3. Under Android Data Recovery mode, select Photos folder from the left window and tick wanted screenshots from the right window. Then tap Recover below to undelete screen from Android device to computer for backup.
People also read: How to Recover Deleted Photos from Samsung S8/S8+ Painlessly?
Google Photos can also do the job how to recover screenshots on Android, on condition that you have enabled automatic syncing of images from Screenshots folder with it. Then you will find all deleted photos in Recycle bin, where all deleted photos will keep for 60 days before permanent deletion.
How to recover deleted screenshots to Android phone?
1. Open Google Photos on your Android phone, and sign in with the same Google account you used for syncing images if your login expires.
2. At the top left corner, click the three vertical lines > Trash.
3. Preview the deleted photos inside the Trash bin, select the photos you want to recover and tap Recover at the top right side to undelete screenshots from Google Photos to Android phone.
Now you have understood the possible reasons for losing screenshots on Android device and effective ways to recover deleted screenshots from Android. To avoid losing screenshots from Android device again, we highly recommend you to back up important Android screenshots to other storage location.
Meanwhile, there are a few useful tips for your reference:
- Regularly back up important Android data to PC, such as screenshots, contacts, SMS, videos, music, images, documents, etc.
- Stop shooting pictures or record videos when your Android phone is in a low battery.
- Make sure the memory card features "Write Protect" to avoid accidental deletion or formatting. You can find a third-party app on the Internet to help you enable "Write Protect" feature to the memory card.
- Install a reliable anti-virus software on your Android device to protect it from malware attack. Also, avoid plugging your Android device to Trojan-infected computer.
- Check twice before you delete unwanted photos or images from Android phone.
- Properly eject or remove Android SD card from Android device or computer.
After reading this article, I hope you will select the right way to recover deleted screenshots on Android phone and follow the useful tips to avoid screenshots or other data loss from Android device. Here, I strongly recommend you to try Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android, which can not only retrieve screenshots from Android device, but also back up all existing images to computer. In addition, it is easy to operate, highly secure and fast to transfer.
Of course, if you have made a backup of screenshots to Google Photos, you can also recover screenshots to Android from that. It's all up to you. If you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.