Since text messages feature came out, text messages on mobile phone have long been earning worldwide popularity. Numerous youth, adults even kids send out text messages everyday for personal and business use. Compared with other means of communication, like emails or calls, sending text messages is much swifter, convenient and more polite.
However, sometimes you may lose text messages for various reasons and need to know how to recover deleted text messages on Android phone. Fully considering your concerns on Android text recovery, we sort out 7 proven ways to recover text messages on Android.
Part 1: Can I Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android?
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android with Computer
2.1 How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Android via Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android
2.2 How to Recover Deleted Messages on Android via Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery
2.3 How to Get Deleted Messages Back on Android with Coolmuster Android Assistant
Part 3: How to Retrieve Deleted Texts on Android without Computer
3.1 How to Recover Deleted Texts on Android via Google Drive
3.2 How to Retrieve Deleted Messages on Android via SMS Backup & Restore
3.3 How to Retrieve Old Text Messages on Android via Cloud Backup
3.4 How to Retrieve Deleted Texts on Android via SMS Backup +
After accidentally deleting text messages, many people may doubt: Can I recover deleted text messages on Android? Can I get back deleted text messages on Android? Or can text messages be recovered (can text messages be retrieved) on Android? If you know how deletion works, you will never worry about text recovery on Android phone.
Actually, after you delete text messages, though there is no trash bin on Android phone, those deleted text messages are not really erased from the system right away, on the contrary, they are merely marked as inactive and made invisible and replaceable. Once new data generates, those inactive data will be overwritten by new data and cannot be traced back permanently. In other words, you'd better stop using your Android phone, disconnect WiFi or mobile network and power it off as soon as possible to prevent new data from generating.
Then you may still wonder: I have powered off my Android phone, can you recover deleted text messages on Android or is there a way to retrieve deleted text messages on Android? Yes, of course. Then how to retrieve deleted text messages on Android phone? To retrieve deleted texts on Android, you will need a rather professional text message recovery app for Android.
Tip: Text messages suddenly disappeared from Android? Here is the guide on how to fix 'my text messages disappeared on my Android'.
There are lots of powerful and professional text message recovery apps for Android in the market, but the truly helpful one is rare. As an Android user myself who often manually remove spams, for me, a really attractive text message recovery app for Android should be highly secure (without Trojan virus), easy-to-operate, less-taken in space, quick in restore and without bundled consumption. Honestly speaking, the following three apps really fulfil these requirements.
Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android is the most representative text message recovery app for Android phones and tablets and besides messages, multiple other file types are also recoverable from Android phone's internal memory card and external SD card. What's more, it also allows you to backup both deleted and existing data from Android device to computer in case of data loss.
Under Android Data Recovery mode, you can recover Android disappeared contacts, deleted texts, call history, photos and documents from Android internal memory & SIM card and export to computer in original quality and formats; under SD Card Recovery mode, you can retrieve deleted or lost photos, videos, music and documents from Android SD card and save to computer in original quality and formats.
For message recovery for Android, you can restore deleted text messages on Android without backup in advance, see deleted text messages on computer, and backup both deleted and existing text messages to computer.
Worth mentioning, Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android now supports over 6,000 Android phones and tablets and the lowest Android OS requirement is Android 2.0. Based on this requirement, most current Android brands, like Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, Sony, ZTE, Huawei, DELL, Acer, Google, Asus, etc., are compatible with it. For example, Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra/S23/S22/S21/S20/S10/S9, Samsung Note 20/Note 10/Note 9/Note 8/Note 7, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4/Z Flip4/Z Fold3/Z Flip3, and so forth.
How to retrieve deleted messages on Android phone?
1. Launch Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android after installing it on your computer and enter in Android Recovery module from toolbox.
2. Connect Android device to computer via a USB cable. Then enable USB debugging and grant permission on Android by tapping Allow or OK when pop-up window appears. After that, click Next to continue on computer. During this connection process, you may need to root Android phone in order to find deleted texts on Android phone. You can follow the window hint to root Android device.
3. Choose Messages from left panel, view deleted messages by turning on Only display the deleted item(s) on the top, check wanted items from right panel, and tap Recover below to restore text messages from Android to computer.
This is how to find deleted messages on Android via Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android and you can save the recovered messages as HTML or XML format to computer.
How do I get my Android out of recovery mode smoothly? Let's check it out.
Want to enter Android system recovery mode on your smartphone? Open this page to get the approaches for different Android devices.
Another professional text message recovery app for Android is Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery. As its name implies, it can not only retrieve text messages on Android, but also recover contacts on Android, as well as backup both deleted and existing data to computer as HTML or XML format and with specific attached information, like contact name, address, nationality, job title, company, email, SMS attachments, etc.
Likewise, Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery supports most Android brands with at least Android OS 2.0, such as Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, Sony, ZTE, Huawei, DELL, Acer, Google, Asus, etc.
How to restore deleted text messages on Android?
1. Launch Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery after installing it on your computer, and enter in SMS + Contacts Recovery module from toolbox.
2. Connect Android phone to computer via a USB cable, enable USB debugging and grant permission on Android by tapping Allow or OK when pop-up window appears, and click Next to continue on computer. During this process, you may need to root Android phone in order to retrieve deleted texts on Android phone. You can follow the window hint to root Android device.
3. Select Messages from left window and you can see deleted text messages by toggling on Only display the deleted item(s) on the top. Then tick wanted items from right window and hit Recover below to undelete text messages from Android to computer.
This is how to get deleted texts back on Android via Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery.
Coolmuster Android Assistant is the third recovery app which can realize deleted SMS recovery for Android using backup and restore function. That is to say, if you have used this app to backup Android data before, and the backup files include your deleted messages, you can use restore feature of this app to retrieve my deleted messages on Android.
Coolmuster Android Assistant supports to backup SMS, contacts, call logs, videos, photos, music,apps, etc. from Android phone or tablet to computer and restore SMS, contacts, call logs, photos, videos, music, apps, etc. from computer to Android device selectively or via one-click backup and restore.
Like above two text message recovery apps for Android, it is also compatible with most Android brands with Android OS 2.0 or up, such as Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, Sony, ZTE, Huawei, DELL, Acer, Google, Asus, etc.
How to restore text messages on Android from backup?
If you have backed up SMS before, you can continue the following steps about how to get deleted text messages back on Android from previous backup.
1. Launch Coolmuster Android Assistant after installing it on computer and enter in Android Assistant module.
2. Connect Android phone to computer via a USB cable and enable USB debugging on Android phone. You do not need to root Android phone.
3. Select SMS from left window, then click Import above to retrieve deleted text messages to Android from computer backup files.
How to see deleted messages on Android? After a few seconds, you will be able to see those recovered SMS on your Android Messages app.
If you do not have a computer at hand or if you do not want to use a computer, you can recover deleted messages on Android using following ways. However, all following methods about how to recover deleted messages from Android phone needs you to backup SMS before they are lost, or you cannot use these ways to recover text messages on Android.
If you have backed up SMS to Google Drive and the backup contains your deleted SMS, you can continue these steps.
How to undelete text messages from Android?
1. On your Android phone, go to: Settings > Account and backup > Backup and restore > Google.
2. Log into Google account, find your backup messages and recover to your Android device.
You might need: If your iPhone is broken, how can you get text messages off the iPhone?
If you have used SMS Backup & Restore to backup messages before they are deleted, you can retrieve deleted text messages from Android using this method.
How to retrieve old text messages on Android?
1. Launch and log into SMS Backup and Restore on your Android phone, then select RESTORE on the interface.
2. Select wanted text messages and choose different options in Restore Backup, then tap OK.
After you see Restore completed, you can see deleted text messages on Android phone.
If you have backed up messages in Android built-in Cloud Backup, you can restore deleted texts on Android using this way.
How do you find deleted text messages on an Android?
Take my LG phone for an example.
1. Go to: Android Settings > General > Backup & reset > LG Backup service > Save & restore data > Restore from Backup.
Step 2: Click Messages > Restore to Android device.
Continue the following steps about how do I retrieve erased text messages on Android if you have backed up SMS to SMS Backup + app.
How do you retrieve deleted text messages?
1. Launch SMS Backup + app on your Android phone, then find Restore > Restore SMS.
2. Choose wanted items and restore to your Android phone.
After reading this article, you have mastered 7 ways about how to recover deleted text messages on Android with or without backup in advance. You may have your own thinking about which method is the best. The next time, you will not wander somewhere and ask people:"Can you retrieve deleted messages? And how do I find deleted text messages? They are really matter much to me."
Considering all factors, I highly recommend you to choose Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android and Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery, since you can recover without previous backup. Besides, you can also choose Coolmuster Android Assistant or others if you have backed up in advance. Just go to have a try of your favorite. If you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.