With the development of technology, the world moves on much faster than before, which has also greatly lowered our cost of communication. However, many people still cannot give up text messages way of communication. In order to avoid data losses brought by system error, phone missing or accidental factory setting, we need to do phone backup, especially those extremely important messages or contacts on our Android phone. But how to conduct Android SMS backup and restore? Is Android SMS backup and restore possible?
Of course. Not only can you backup SMS on Android, but also retrieve and restore deleted text messages on Android. Now, there comes another question: Are there any simple and effective ways to realize Android SMS backup and restore? You can find the answer in the following passage.
Part 1. Top Android SMS Backup and Restore Tools
1.1 How to Realize Android SMS Backup and Restore via Coolmuster Android Assistant
1.2 How to Realize Android SMS Backup and Restore via Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android
1.3 How to Realize Android SMS Backup and Restore via Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery
Part 2. How to Realize SMS Backup and Restore with Super Backup
If you use an old Android phone, you may find that Android SMS backup and restore is almost impossible since some Android phones do not have backup service. In this situation, you need professional Android SMS backup and restore tools to backup and restore Android messages. The following three Android SMS backup and restore tools are the best apps to backup and restore Android SMS, which occupy little space, is completely safe and easy-to-operate. You will surely love them after trial.
Coolmuster Android Assistant is a comprehensive Android phone management tool, using which you can manage, transfer or backup Android files, including apps, contacts, call logs, SMS, music, photos, videos, books and other files on computer.
To be specific, it supports to backup and restore overall Android phone data on PC with 1 click with lossless quality, install/uninstall and export Android apps, add new, delete, edit, send, export/import contacts, import/export and delete call logs, add new, delete, export/import, reset, copy and forward SMS, add new, export, and delete music, add new, delete and export photos, add, delete and export videos, as well as add new, delete and export books.
Well, you may wonder what devices does such a wonderful Android management tool support? Generally, it is compatible with Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS X 10.9 or later and nearly all Android brands with Android OS from 2.0 to above, such as HTC, Samsung, Motorola, Sony, ZTE, LG, HUAWEI, Dell (specific models like Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e/S9+, HTC U11+/U11/10 M10H, HUAWEI Mate X/Mate 20/Mate 10 Pro/Mate 10/Mate 9/V20/V10/P20, etc) and many more.
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android Assistant on your computer, then enter in Android Assistant module.
2. Connect your Android phone with computer via a USB cable, enable debugging and grant permission by tapping Allow or OK on your Android phone when pop-up windows ask you. After successful connection, you will see Android phone's main information on computer.
3. Select SMS from left window to preview messages on your android phone, check items you want to backup in the right window and choose Export on the top to backup SMS from Android to computer. You can finish messages backup in HTML, TEXT, CSV, BAK, or XML format.
This is how to backup text messages on Android. You can also backup messages on Android with one click.
1. Repeat step 1 and 2 above to connect your Android phone with computer.
2. Select SMS from left window, then click Import on the top and choose the backup message file on computer to restore text messages to Android phone. It supports to import messages with formats of BAK and XML.
After that, you can view your restored messages on Android SMS app.
Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android is the second professional text message backup and restore app I would like to recommend to you, which can not only backup and restore existing text messages, but also backup and restore old text messages that was deleted from Android phone. Besides messages, using this incredible recovery tool, multiple other files are also recoverable to Android phone, like contacts, call logs, photos, documents and so on under Android Data Recovery mode and photos, videos, music and documents under SD Card Recovery mode.
In addition, you can backup text messages from Android to computer in HTML or XML format for easy reading and future restoring. Well, this tool also supports a wide range of devices. It is compatible with over 6,000 Android phones and tablets with Android OS from 2.1 to 10.0 or up, such as Samsung, Huawei, Google, HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola, ZTE, Xiaomi, etc. For example, for HTC users, HTC U11+/U11/10/M10H/A9W/M9W/M9Et/M8W/M8Et, HTC Evo/Desire/Inspire/Wildfire/HD2/Hero are all compatible with Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android.
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android on your computer, then enter Android Recovery module.
2. Connect your Android phone with computer via a USB cable, enable debugging and grant permission by tapping Allow or OK on your Android phone when pop-up windows ask you. Then select file type you want to recover and tap Next. During this process, you need to root Android phone in order to scan out deleted messages, if it is not rooted, follow the window hint to root it, or click Continue if you do not need to restore deleted messages.
3. After that, under Android Data Recovery mode, select Messages in the left panel to preview all messages on Android phone, including deleted messages which are in red. Then tick the boxes before wanted items and tap Recover below to save text messages from Android to computer.
Guess you need: What if you forget the passcode on your Sony phone? In this case, you can ask Sony phone unlocker for help.
To restore messages on Android, you can repeat the step 1 and 2 above to connect your Android phone with computer.
Then you can use Coolmuster Android Assistant to restore text messages from computer to Android.
Learn how to conduct Android SMS backup and restore one click using Coolmuster Android Assistant below.
Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery is an Android recovery tool which concentrates on SMS and contacts recovery. With this tool on hand, you can easily scan out all existing and deleted text messages, so as to restore text messages on Android and preserve to computer as HTML or XML format for easy reading and further use. Worth mentioning, restored messages and contacts contain all relevant details, including contact's name, country, phone number, address, company, job title, gender, email, etc.
It is also compatible with almost all Android phones (Samsung, Huawei, Sony, HTC, Motorola, ZTE, LG, etc) with Android OS from 2.1 to 9.0 or up.
1. Install and launch Coolmuster Android SMS + Contacts Recovery, then enter in SMS + Contacts Recovery module.
2. Connect Android phone with computer via a USB cable and enable debugging as well as grant permission on Android phone. You will also need to root your Android phone during this process.
3. After that, all data on your Android phone will be automatically scanned out. Choose Messages from left window, tick detailed items from right panel and tap Recover below to restore SMS to computer.
This is how to backup text messages on Android to computer.
About how to restore messages on Android, you can also use Coolmuster Android Assistant to restore messages to Android from computer backup.
In addition to above methods, Super Backup is also a very popular tool for Android to backup and restore text messages. However, you cannot directly restore messages from cloud service, but manually recover from cloud storage drive to Android local storage, and this process may be tedious.
1. Install and launch Super Backup on your Android phone.
2. Backup text messages by clicking in sequence: SMS > Backup > Rename the file > OK. After that, you can send text backup to cloud service or email.
3. After launching, you can restore text messages by selecting in turn: SMS > Restore > Select target file > OK.
Then you will complete Android SMS backup and restore via Super Backup.
If you still want to dig out more methods about android SMS backup and restore, you can find out more here:
Totally, we have offered you 8 ways about Android SMS backup and restore above. You can select freely which one to adopt when conducting Android SMS backup and restore. From my trial, Coolmuster Android Assistant are the best for one-click backup and restore, then Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android and Coolmuster Android SMS + Contact Recovery, which can deeply scan out both deleted and existing messages. Of course, other ways also have strengths. Anyway, try ways above and you will surely find one suitable for you.
If you meet any problem or have something to let us know, welcome to leave a comment below.