"I've recently seen the light and moved from iOS pushing myself up a P30 Pro. Loving this phone so far. I don't like to have WhatsApp saving photos automatically as I find it clogs my Gallery up with unwanted pictures. Is there a way I can save individual photos? Any help welcome. Thanks!"
I came across this question on Reddit and immediately realized that this problem might trap many people. There are several easy ways to do that. If you don't know how to save WhatsApp photos on Android devices, you can read and follow the detailed instructions below.
Part 1. Where Does WhatsApp Save Pictures on Android?
Part 2. How to Save WhatsApp Photos on Android Device?
2.1 How to Save Photos from WhatsApp to Gallery on Android Manually
2.2 How to Save WhatsApp Photos on Android Device to Gmail
2.3 How to Download Photos from WhatsApp on Android to Computer via WhatsApp Photos Backup (Easiest)
Bonus Tips: How to Stop WhatsApp from Saving Photos on Android Device?
By default, photos and videos on WhatsApp are automatically stored in your Android phone's internal storage, and you can use your PC or a file manager to access those photos. However, before making any changes to them, ensure that you have backed up the WhatsApp photos otherwhere. The easiest way to back up WhatsApp is to copy the photos to another folder by going to Internal storage > WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp photos folder. Also, note that you cannot modify WhatsApp's destination folder, but stop the automatic backup of WhatsApp on your Android device. How to stop WhatsApp from downloading photos to an Android device? We will talk about it in the last part.
When you download WhatsApp on your Android device, it will automatically save the photos and videos you receive in WhatsApp to the Gallery app. Besides, you will also get other options to save WhatsApp photos - manually download WhatsApp photos to your Android device, back up photos to your Gmail account, or save them to your computer.
The following content covers all three ways. You can read and try the way you love while reading.
To download photos from WhatsApp to the Android Gallery app, you can follow the steps below.
Store WhatsApp photos from selected chats or groups:
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
2. Tap the gear icon (Settings) and select Chats.
3. Click the contact's or group's name and tap Save to Camera Roll in the Contact Info or Group Info screen.
Download overall photos from WhatsApp to Gallery:
1. Open WhatsApp, click the three vertical dots at the upper-right corner, tap Settings from the pop-up window, and hit Chats.
2. Enable Media visibility to make the stored photos shown in the Gallery's WhatsApp folder.
3. Configure the Media auto-download settings under Data and storage usage. Once done, it will automatically download photos to the Android Gallery app.
People also like: With this post, you can retrieve very old WhatsApp messages without a hitch.
As a matter of fact, all Android devices are associated with Google. Thus, if you have a Gmail account, you can also save WhatsApp photos to your Gmail account easily and restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to your Android/iPhone later.
How to save WhatsApp photos on Samsung S20 to Gmail account?
1. Unlock your Samsung phone, run WhatsApps, and tap the hamburger icon at the top-right corner to enter Settings.
2. Select Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and tap Back up to Google Drive. Ensure that your WhatsApp is linked to an active Gmail account. Then follow the on-screen prompts to back up the WhatsApp photos to your Gmail account. Alternatively, you can also choose a backup frequency to let it back up automatically, such as daily, weekly, or monthly under the automatic backup feature.
The last recommended way to save WhatsApp photos on Android is using WhatsApp Photos Backup. This powerful tool helps you download photos from WhatsApp to a computer in one click and restore WhatsApp backups from the computer to a new device quickly. What's more, it can also transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone, Android to Android, iOS to Android, or iOS to iOS.
The highlights of WhatsApp Photos Backup:
* Back up and restore WhatsApp messages from Android/iOS devices on a computer in one click.
* Selectively transfer WhatsApp messages, WhatsApp messages attachments, and other files between iOS devices and Android.
* Easy, secure, fast, and user-friendly WhatsApp transfer tool.
* Widely compatible with most Android (Android 11 supported) and iOS devices, including Samsung Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra, LG W31+/Wing 5G/G8/G7/G6/G5, Sony Xperia 5/5 Plus/4, Huawei P40/P40 Pro/P40 Pro+/nova 7/nova 7 Pro/nova 7 Pro/Mate 40/30, Motorola, HTC, Google, ZTE, etc.
How do I download pictures from WhatsApp to a computer using WhatsApp Photos Backup? Repeat the three steps below:
1. Install WhatsApp Photos Backup on your computer.
Launch WhatsApp Photos Backup after installing on your computer and choose Backup WhatsApp Messages from the toolbox.
2. Connect your Android phone to the computer.
Plug your Android device into the computer with a USB cable. When this program detects your phone, click the Backup button to start the backup process.
3. Wait until it completes backup.
You can see the progress bar on the interface. Once finished, you can view the WhatsApp photos and other message attachments from the backup file.
When hundreds of photos, videos, files, and messages are automatically downloaded from WhatsApp to your Android device weekly, you may want to disable the automatic syncing features to save the Android phone's tight storage space. To do this effectively, you can refer to these tips:
1. Launch WhatsApp on your Android phone and head to Settings.
2. Tap Data and storage usage, turn off all options for both Wi-Fi and cellular data under Media auto-download option and the Media Visibility option under Chats settings.
When the auto-downloading feature is disabled, you can manually save photos and other WhatsApp message attachments with the ways we provided above.
After reading this post, you will have already known how to save WhatsApp photos on Android devices. If you want, you can manually download photos from WhatsApp to your phone without installing apps. However, that may take a little longer since you have to pick up the chats or groups, and the downloading process is prolonged. Besides, if you choose the Gmail account's way, you will have to have a Gmail account linked with WhatsApp, and it still takes long because it consumes the network. Then, you may find only WhatsApp Photos Backup is the ideal way. It is easy to operate, secure, fast, and network-free during transfer. So, go ahead and try this worry-free way.
If you encounter any difficulty when using, please feel free to leave a comment below.