For Apple users, a common question may arise frequently: "How do I print and view HEIC photos?" This is because HEIC format images have lower compatibility on many platforms, making it challenging to view and print them on devices outside the Apple ecosystem. Therefore, we often recommend converting HEIC images to the more widely used JPEG format for easier sharing, viewing, and printing. In this guide, we will introduce 3 simple and convenient methods on how to print HEIC photos.
How can you print HEIC photos on Windows? In the Microsoft Store, users can find valuable extensions that enhance the multimedia experience on Windows. Two notable extensions that help in solving our problem today are "HEVC Video Extensions" and "HEIF Image Extensions".
"HEVC Video Extensions" enables High-Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) support for Windows. (HEVC is a modern video compression standard that allows for higher quality video with smaller file sizes, providing an improved streaming and viewing experience. It retains high video quality even at lower bit rates and in smaller file sizes.)
As for "HEIF Image Extensions", it enables users to view and work with HEIF images seamlessly on Windows devices. (HEIF offers advanced image compression, allowing users to store high-quality images in a more space-efficient format. It supports a broader range of colors for more vibrant and lifelike images.)
To print HEIC photos using "HEVC Video Extensions" or "HEIF Image Extensions", you can refer to these steps:
1. Open your desired photos in the Photos application on Windows. If you encounter a notification stating "The HEVC Video Extension is required to display this file", click on the blue link. Download and install the "HEVC Video Extensions" from there. You can install the "HEIF Image Extensions" as well.
2. The process may take a few minutes. Once completed, you can attempt to re-open the HEIC photos and right-click on them to save them in JPEG format.
3. Right-click on the converted HEIC photos and choose "Print" from the menu. Customize the printing settings and you can freely print your photos.
Compared to the need for installing Windows extensions, using a converter directly to convert HEIC images to JPEG format and then print them is more convenient since you can convert them to JPEG format in batches. This can significantly save you time.
Here, we recommend using Coolmuster HEIC Converter to perform this task. It is a very compact and convenient tool with the following excellent features:
01Download and install the HEIC Converter software on your Windows PC. Connect your iDevice to the computer using a USB cable.
02Navigate to "This PC\Device Name\Internal Storage\DCIM" and simply drag the HEIF/HEIC files into the software, or click the "Add HEIC" icon to select your files.
03All your HEIC pictures will be displayed on the interface. Choose the files you want to convert. Select the export format (JPG/JPEG/PNG), click "Keep Exif Data", and set the output path.
04For HEIC to JPG/JPEG conversion or PNG, click the "Convert" option. After the process is complete, choose the "Open folder" option to view the JPG or PNG photographs.
iMazing is a versatile and user-friendly software designed to empower users to manage their iOS devices with ease. This robust tool serves as a comprehensive solution for backing up, restoring, and transferring data between your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and your computer. With iMazing, you can also freely convert your HEIC photos into HPEG format and print them out.
Here's how to achieve that:
1. Go to the official iMazing website at https://imazing.com/heic. Download the software tailored for your computer. Run the installer, and carefully follow the on-screen instructions to install the program on your Windows computer. Once the installation is finished, launch iMazing.
2. Locate "iMazing Converter" in the "Tools" list.
3. Import your HEIC images by dragging and dropping them into the designated area.
4. Choose the desired format for the conversion, such as JPEG or PNG.
5. Initiate the conversion process by clicking the "Convert" button.
In conclusion, addressing the common concern among Apple users regarding printing and viewing HEIC photos is crucial due to the format's limited compatibility on various platforms. To overcome this challenge, converting HEIC images to the universally supported JPEG format is highly recommended for seamless sharing, viewing, and printing experiences. This article has provided insights into some user-friendly methods for printing HEIC photos. By exploring these convenient options, you can enhance your ability to print and enjoy HEIC images across different devices.