- A user from Reddit
You will need to back up your iPhone to a flash drive when you want to free up more storage space on your iPhone or import new files to your iPhone. When it comes to backing up the iPhone to a USB drive, iTunes occurs to your mind first. There are also other ways to complete iPhone backup to flash drive. Follow this guide to learn how to back up the iPhone to memory drive in a few minutes.
Way 1. How to Back Up iPhone to USB Drive Selectively via Coolmuster iOS Assistant
Way 2. How to Back Up iPhone to USB Flash Drive with iTunes
Way 3. How to Save iPhone Backup to Flash Drive via Copy & Paste
If you wish to access iPhone content when using a flash drive to back up your iPhone, Coolmuster iOS Assistant won't disappoint you. You can preview and back up the wanted files to the USB drive selectively. Besides, you can also back up everything on iPhone to the flash drive in one click.
The highlights of Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
* Back up all iPhone data to flash drive, computer, or iTunes default location in one click.
* Restore the computer backups to iPhone without data loss.
* Selectively sync iPhone data to flash drive or computer after preview, like contacts, music, messages, photos, bookmarks, apps, videos, notes, etc.
* One-click operation.
* Fast and secure.
* Support all iPhone models (iOS 15 included), such as iPhone 13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
How to back up an iPhone on a flash drive selectively?
1. Install and run the program on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and tap Trust on your iPhone if asked. Then, also plug the flash drive into the computer. When connected, it will display the iPhone information on the interface.
3. Select one data type from the left window, for example, Contacts. Later, preview all the contact information and tick the ones you want to back up. After that, hit the Export button, select one output format, and define the flash drive as the storage position to save files.
You may like:
If you prefer a free way to back up your iPhone to a USB drive, iTunes is a good choice. Regardless of the invisibility of files during backup, it is still a reliable and safe way.
How to back up iPhone to USB via iTunes?
1. Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to the PC via a USB cable.
2. When the iPhone icon appears in the iTunes window, tap it and click Summary > Back Up Now to sync the iPhone data to the default iTunes backup location on your PC.
3. Disconnect your iPhone from the computer and plug the USB drive into your PC or Mac.
4. Transfer iTunes backups to the flash drive.
On Windows PC:
Open the path: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ and copy & paste the desired files to the USB drive.
Click the Search icon > copy & paste this: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ and press the Return key on the keyboard.
Or, open iTunes > tap iTunes on the menu bar > select Preferences > Devices > right-click the backup file > choose Show in Finder.
Next, copy the files you want to back up and paste them to the flash drive.
Is there not enough space to back up iPhone on a computer? If yes, please click this guide to cope with this issue.
Want to fix it when your contacts cannot sync to a new iOS device? You can refer to this practical post.
If you have backed up your iPhone with iTunes before, you can copy and paste the backup content on your computer to the flash drive directly. This way is the simplified version of way 2. Let's check.
How to back up the iPhone on a USB drive?
1. Connect your flash drive to the computer.
2. Copy and paste the iTunes backup file to the USB drive.
For a Mac: Go to the path: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ and copy & paste the files to your USB drive;
For a PC Windows 10/8/7/Vista: Go to the path: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ and copy & paste the backups to the flash drive;
For a PC Windows XP: Go to the path: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\ and copy & paste the backups to flash drive.
Which way is the best to back up the iPhone to a flash drive? Well, I recommend you select Coolmuster iOS Assistant for two reasons. First, it allows you to preview and select the files you wish to backup, very user-friendly to use; Second, you can directly back up the iPhone to flash drive in one click, omitting complex steps. So, why not give it a try?