"I want to back up my iPhone 7 Plus (running iOS 14.5.1) to iTunes 18.104.22.168 on my Windows 10 workstation. When I connect my iPhone to my workstation using a USB cable, iTunes sees my iPhone, but there is no option to back up my iPhone!"
- OneSkyWalker in Apple Support Community
Not everyone has an iPhone and a Mac at the same time. To protect data without loss or free up more storage, you may want to back up your iPhone to a Windows 10/11. That's why you find this article. This post explains three workable methods to help you back up your iPhone to a PC. Follow our instructions if you are unacquainted with these solutions.
One popular way to back up your iPhone to Windows 10 is using Coolmuster iOS Assistant. It provides you a one-click way to back up your iPhone content to a Windows or Mac and restore the backup to your new iPhone 14/13/12. Besides, you can also manage and read the iPhone data on your computer without difficulties.
Key features of Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
How to back up an iPhone to Windows 10/11 without iTunes?
Note: Please ensure that iTunes or Music can detect your iPhone, or the software will fail to detect it.
1. Install and launch Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your computer and plug your iPhone into the PC via a USB cable.
2. Tap Trust on your iPhone when asked. Once connected, you will see the home interface below.
3. Click Super Toolkit on the top > select iTunes Backup & Restore > Backup. Later, choose your iPhone from the drop-down list and define a storage location on your PC to save files. After that, hit OK to back up your iPhone to the PC.
iTunes is a traditional way to back up your iPhone to Windows 10 and restore the backup to a new iPhone. Although it is one of Apple's official solutions, many people profess a violent distaste for iTunes since the backup file is unreadable on Windows PC, and the restoring process will erase the target iPhone's content.
If you don't mind those flaws regarding iTunes, continue with these steps.
How to back up iPhone on iTunes on Windows PC?
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer with a lightning cable.
2. Unlock your iPhone and trust the computer if asked.
3. Run the latest version of iTunes on your PC and tap the iPhone icon under Devices when it appears.
4. Hit the Back Up Now button under Summary to back up your iPhone to Windows 10.
Read more: This guide will show you how to transfer files from a PC to an iPad via 8 methods. Let's check it out.
iTunes does not always work perfectly on your Windows 10 PC. Thus, you may prefer a more wireless way to back up your iPhone to Windows 11/10. iCloud is a cloud storage service offered by Apple that enables you to sync your photos, documents, videos, and other files to your iCloud account. Once synced, you can freely access and download the iCloud backup file from your Windows PC as you want.
Note: iCloud only provides 5GB of free storage to everyone. So, before moving on, check if there is enough storage space in your iCloud account. And buy more storage if necessary.
To back up the iPhone to Windows via iCloud:
1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network and plug your iPhone into the nearby power source.
2. Open the iPhone's Settings > tap your profile > select iCloud > iCloud Backup > tap Back Up Now.
3. When the last backup time updates, open iCloud.com from a computer browser and sign in with the same Apple ID you use on your iPhone.
4. Choose the data type you want to download, select the specific items under the file type, and hit the Download icon on the top of the site to save them to your Windows PC.
Do you feel anything impressive among all the three methods? If you wish to back up your iPhone to Windows 10 without iTunes, try Coolmuster iOS Assistant. Compared with iCloud, it is much easier and more user-friendly. Also, the backup file will be saved in a readable format on your Windows PC. Thus, why not give it a try?