"I do not own a computer as I do everything off of my iPhone. How do I go about backing up the hundreds of non-iTunes songs I've downloaded? Are you shit out of luck for something like this if you don't own a computer?"
- Krypton Stratos from Reddit
What makes you want to back up the iPhone without a computer? Maybe there are occasions that you don't own an accessible computer at hand, or you don't want to back up your iPhone with iTunes. Whatever the reason is, you will get more than one choice to back up an iPhone without a computer. Here, we will explain two wireless ways to back up your iPhone without a computer and provide three more tips to back up an iPhone to a computer.
Two simple ways are introduced below to help you back up your iPhone without a computer. Follow our instructions to back up your iPhone data if you are interested.
It is incredibly convenient to back up your iPhone to iCloud as long as enough iCloud storage is left. If you have run out of 5GB of free storage on your iCloud account, buy more before starting the following steps.
Also, note that iCloud does not back up files like purchased apps, movies, music, and iBooks but download them from relevant channels when restoring the backups from iCloud.
To back up iPhone without a computer via iCloud:
1. Connect your iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi network.
2. Open the iPhone's Settings > tap your name > click iCloud > scroll down to select iCloud Backup > turn on iCloud Backup > hit Back Up Now.
3. Once done, the last backup time will update.
See also: Want to find your WhatsApp messages on your Android phone or iPhone? Read this guide, and you will get the answer.
Another way to back up an iPhone without a computer is using Google Drive. However, the files you can back up to Google Drive are limited and fewer than iCloud, including photos, contacts, and calendars. Therefore, we recommend you take it as an alternative when you cannot use iCloud.
How do I back up my iPhone without iCloud or a computer?
1. Install Google Drive from App Store on your iPhone and open it.
2. Click the menu icon at the upper-left corner and select Settings.
3. Tap Backup > Start backup to back up your iPhone to Google Drive.
If needed, you can handily get text messages on a Windows 10 PC with these 3 approaches.
It is possible to fix your iPhone when its screen goes black. Let's check it out.
Cloud storage is costly and slow, especially when backing up tons of heavy files. Thus, the traditional way of using a computer may be much more suitable for backing up an iPhone full of years of files. Refer to the three optional ways below to back up your iPhone to a computer.
The best way to back up an iPhone to a Windows PC or Mac is using Coolmuster iOS Assistant. With this app, you can selectively back up only the wanted items or back up everything from your iPhone to a computer in one click.
The highlights of Coolmuster iOS Assistant:
* Preview and selectively back up wanted iPhone data to a PC or Mac.
* Back up everything on your iPhone to a computer or iTunes default backup location in one click.
* One-click to restore computer backups to your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
* Support multiple file types, like contacts, messages, music, photos, videos, iBooks, bookmarks, calendars, notes (not supported in iOS 10 and up), apps, etc.
* Widely compatible with all iPhone models (iOS 5 to iOS 15), such as iPhone 13 Pro Max/13 Pro/13/13 mini/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, etc.
How to back up an iPhone to a computer in one click?
Note: The program will fail to detect your iPhone if iTunes or Music cannot detect it.
1. Install and launch Coolmuster iOS Assistant on your computer. Then connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Tap Trust on your iPhone if asked, and then click Continue on the program to move on.
Once detected, you will enter the main interface below.
3. Click Super Toolkit on the top > iTunes Backup & Restore > Backup. Next, select the iPhone you want to back up from the drop-down menu and define a backup location to save files. Later, hit OK to start the backup process.
iTunes is an official way to back up iPhone data on a computer. If you own a Windows PC, you can select this way.
How to back up the iPhone on Windows PC?
1. Open the latest version of iTunes on your PC and connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. If asked, tap Trust on your iPhone.
2. Click the iPhone icon when it appears at the top-right corner and hit Summary on the left panel.
3. Select This Computer under the Backups section and tap Back Up Now.
If you want to back up iPhone data to a flash drive, you can take a look at this post. It has 3 effective ways for your reference.
What if you want to use Google Drive to back up your iPhone data? Here is the comprehensive guide.
Mac users can back up their iPhone to Mac via Finder or iTunes based on the macOS version.
For Mac running macOS Catalina or later versions:
For Mac running macOS Mojave or earlier versions:
Suppose you wish to back up an iPhone without a computer. In that case, you can select iCloud or Google Drive, which do the backup wirelessly. But you will have to purchase more storage space since both provide only limited free space. What's worse, Google Drive only supports photos, calendars, and contacts on your iPhone.
Hence, we recommend you back up your iPhone to a computer. You can use Coolmuster iOS Assistant for a quick and one-click operation. Besides, this user-friendly tool also arranges everything in readable formats and different categories.