3 Amazing Ways to Back Up WhatsApp from iPhone to PC
According to data released by the Statista website, WhatsApp far surpasses Facebook Messenger and WeChat with 2 billion monthly active users, ranking first in the global instant messaging software market by 2021. That means almost one-third of the worldwide population are chatting and sending media and documents via WhatsApp.
When there is more and more chat history on your iPhone, you may wish to back up WhatsApp from iPhone to PC to keep the precious attachments or messages forever. If you want a step-by-step tutorial, go further to the following content.
Method 1. How to Back Up WhatsApp from iPhone to PC via iPhone WhatsApp Backup (One-click Option)
Method 2. How to Transfer WhatsApp Data from iPhone to PC with iTunes
Method 3. How to Back Up WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to PC through Email
Bonus Tips: How to Back Up WhatsApp from iPhone to iCloud
You may find many third-party WhatsApp backup software for PC in other online articles. iPhone WhatsApp Backup stands out among them since it displays every option on the interface more clearly and has a higher performance to back up WhatsApp to a computer in several clicks.
Besides, it also furnishes with advanced file-level encryption technology, giving no chance of information disclosure.
With iPhone WhatsApp Backup, you can:
* One-click to back up WhatsApp/Line/Viber/Kik/WeChat chat history to your PC.
* Directly restore the computer's backups to an Android or iOS device without data loss.
* Transfer WhatsApp messages and attachments between iOS and Android phones.
* Sync WhatsApp business chats between iOS and Android devices.
* Easy and secure to use, intelligent, and swift.
* Work well with Window 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP and iOS 14 and earlier versions, such as iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12 mini/SE/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS Max/XS/XR/X/8/8 Plus/7 Plus/7, etc.
How to save WhatsApp chat on PC?
1. Download the WhatsApp backup software on your PC.
Install and open iPhone WhatsApp Backup on the PC, click WhatsApp from the left panel, and choose Back up WhatsApp messages.
2. Connect your iPhone to the PC.
Plug your iPhone into the PC using a USB cable and trust this computer on your iPhone. Once connected, the prompt iPhone is connected will appear on the interface.
3. Back up WhatsApp from iPhone to PC.
Click Backup to start the backup process. When finished, you can click View next to the desired backup record to preview the WhatsApp messages, media files, and documents.
iTunes is a handy app to back up all the iPhone data, including WhatsApp chats & attachments, iPhone settings, and other files. Although it is free and easy to use, it is not flexible enough to select the files you want. What's worse, you will lose all current data on the target device when restoring the WhatsApp backup from the PC to your iOS device.
Here's how you can make an iPhone WhatsApp backup to a PC.
1. Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer, then connect your iPhone to it via a USB cable.
2. When iTunes launches automatically, click the iPhone icon in the iTunes window and tap Summary after that.
3. Under Backups, choose This Computer and hit Back Up Now. Please wait until it finishes backup.
Transferring WhatsApp messages, images, or documents to a computer via email is simple, but it may mess up since it will convert the WhatsApp messages into a TXT file. Apart from this, the email will fail to send if the attachment is too large or over 10,000 messages.
Nevertheless, it is quick and easy to send only a few WhatsApp messages. If you prefer email, you can follow these tips.
1. Run WhatsApp on your iPhone and open the chat group you want to transfer.
2. Click the contact name on the top, choose More > Export Chat > Mail, and send out this email after signing in.
3. Open the email service on your PC and enter the same email account and password to sign in. Then, find the email and download the TXT file to your computer.
Every iPhone user gets 5GB of free storage when setting up the iCloud account for the first time. With iCloud, you can back up app data, device settings, SMS, MMS, purchased history, etc. There are two options to back up WhatsApp from your iPhone to iCloud, either manually or automatically. To make the backup successfully, ensure that your iCloud account has enough storage left, or it may fail.
Next, you can back up WhatsApp to iCloud like this.
1. Navigate to iPhone's Settings, tap your name, and pick iCloud > iCloud Drive.
2. Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone, tap Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > turn on Include Videos.
3. Click Back Up Now.
Note: Before you start the above steps, you need to enable WhatsApp backup in iCloud. For example, on iPhone 12, head to iCloud > tap Manage Storage > your Apple ID > toggle WhatsApp on if it doesn't.
You may like:
After reading the step-by-step tutorial, you can choose any method above to back up WhatsApp from iPhone to PC. If you want a quick solution to make the backup without data loss, you can select the WhatsApp backup software for PC - iPhone WhatsApp Backup. It is easier, faster, and securer to use than iTunes or email.
If you encounter any problem during backup somehow, please tell us in the comments. We will reach out to you soon.