WhatsApp is a free and amazing instant messaging app that enables you to make video or voice calls and share beautiful things with your family and friends. This, somehow, makes it easier and more economical to communicate. Many people love chatting with other people using WhatsApp, but the WhatsApp messages are easily missed if you update the iOS version without a backup.
If you are eager to find them back to your iPhone, read this post and learn how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on an iPhone in 4 proven ways. From here, you will acquire the detailed tutorial and the way of thinking in solving such a hot potato. Let's explore.
Can You Get Back Deleted Messages on WhatsApp on iPhone?
Part 1. How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone without Backup Using iPhone WhatsApp Recovery
Part 2. How to Restore WhatsApp Chats on iPhone via Reinstalling WhatsApp
Part 3. How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone from iCloud Backup
Part 4. How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Chats on iPhone via iTunes Backup
Bonus: Back Up Your WhatsApp Messages on iPhone to Avoid Further Loss
"Hi everyone! I had a problem a few minutes ago, and I'm looking for some help. When I got home, I wanted to open WhatsApp, but I couldn't. The app showed me an error that said something like this 'WhatsApp couldn't restore the chats you had. Do you want to apply the backup?' I chose that I didn't want because I thought I would only lose the chats that I'd not read. But when I finally opened the app, I'd lost all the chats. Is there any way to recover everything that I lost?"
When losing WhatsApp messages on your iPhone, you are concerned about whether you get the chance to recover them. Actually, you can recover WhatsApp messages on the iPhone. This is because the deleted WhatsApp messages are not really removed from your iPhone permanently when you execute the deletion operation. They will still be kept in the iOS system until the new data overwrites them.
That also indicates that you must immediately stop using your iPhone and turn off the Wi-Fi/cellular data to avoid creating any new data if you want to recover the deleted WhatsApp messages on your iPhone. Then, follow our instructions below to make the iPhone WhatsApp recovery.
If you didn't make a backup of the WhatsApp messages previously, how to recover WhatsApp messages on the iPhone without backup? You can try this powerful tool iPhone WhatsApp Recovery. It is the most professional iOS data recovery program that safely recovers the lost text messages, photos, WhatsApp messages, contacts, notes, etc., from your iPhone without backup. You can preview and select the desired WhatsApp messages before you decide which items to transfer.
The key features of iPhone WhatsApp Recovery:
* Easily recover the deleted photos, music, contacts, WhatsApp messages, and other files from your iPhone without backup.
* Preview and selectively recover the WhatsApp messages you want.
* Support multiple scenarios: Accidental deletion, system upgrade failure, jailbreak failure, no backups, device stuck, water damaged iPhone, screen broken iPhone, etc.
* Enable you to restore WhatsApp messages and other files from the iTunes and iCloud backup.
* Fast speed, one-click operation, highly secure, and high success rate.
* Widely compatible with almost all iPhone models, such as iPhone 14/13/12 Pro Max/12 Pro/12/12mini/11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11/XS/XS Max/XR/X/8 Plus/8/7/7 Plus/7/SE/6s Plus/6s/6 Plus/6.
After installing the iPhone WhatsApp Recovery on your computer, follow the easy steps below to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on the iPhone without backup.
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
Launch this app and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. Then tap Recover from iOS Device from the left panel.
2. Scan the iPhone data.
After this program detects your device, click Start Scan on the interface to scan the iPhone files. You can follow the on-screen instructions to enter the scanning mode.
3. Recover WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
Click WhatsApp from the left window (also choose WhatsApp Attachments if you want), preview the message details, and hit Recover below to start the WhatsApp recovery process.
You may like:
You may notice that when you switch to a new mobile phone and open WhatsApp after installing, the WhatsApp you back up will automatically load on the screen. Well, this is a unique approach. If you have backed up the WhatsApp chats to iCloud before they are lost, you can try the following tips to restore WhatsApp messages to your iPhone.
1. Ensure that the WhatsApp messages are backed up. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and check the last backup time to see whether there is a backup of the necessary WhatsApp chats.
2. Uninstall WhatsApp on your iPhone. After a few seconds, reinstall it on your iPhone again.
3. Run WhatsApp on your iPhone, input your phone number, and press Done. Then choose Restore Chat History in the pop-up window. It will start to restore the WhatsApp backup to your iPhone automatically.
If you've backed up the WhatsApp to iCloud by heading to WhatsApp > Settings > Chat > Chat Backup > Back Up Now, all the WhatsApp chat history and attachments will be on the iCloud automatically. Then you can also restore the WhatsApp messages on the iPhone via a few settings. Note that this way will erase all iPhone data, settings, and passwords.
How to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup?
1. Head to iPhone Settings, choose General > Reset > tap Erase All Contents and Settings to restore your iPhone to the factory settings.
2. Click Erase Now and enter your iPhone password to confirm this operation.
3. After erasure, your iPhone will restart automatically. When you reach the Apps & Data screen, choose Restore from iCloud Backup, sign in to iCloud, and tap the backup file, including the deleted WhatsApp messages. Afterward, follow the on-screen instructions to start to restore files.
Of course, you can also retrieve the deleted iPhone WhatsApp messages from iTunes backup if you have made one previously. The steps are like this.
1. Open iTunes or Finder on your computer and link your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
2. Unlock your iPhone and tap Trust as prompted to authorize your computer.
3. After a successful connection, click the iPhone icon at iTunes' upper-left corner, tap Summary, and click Restore Backup in the right window.
4. Select the backup file that contains the WhatsApp chats and hit Restore. Finally, enter the password to extract the files if you have encrypted them.
Undoubtedly, a regular backup of WhatsApp will make the WhatsApp messages much safer. If you don't want to lose them again, you must always back up the WhatsApp messages on your iPhone.
The following tips show you how to back up WhatsApp messages quickly.
Besides, you can check twice before you delete any WhatsApp content from your iPhone and connect to a stable network condition when backup, which will save you a lot of trouble.
In this post, we have covered several methods to help you find the deleted WhatsApp messages back. I'm sure you have mastered how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on an iPhone with or without backup. Now, the hardest thing is how to choose. In my opinion, you can choose iPhone WhatsApp Recovery for three reasons.
First, it is easy, fast, and secure to recover WhatsApp messages to an iPhone without a backup. Second, it allows you to preview and choose the chats you want to recover, which is the main attraction for most iPhone users. Third, you can successfully recover the WhatsApp messages when you didn't back up the WhatsApp, and it works for many scenarios. Your iPhone won't need to be accessible. Why not give it a try?
If you need help when making the iPhone WhatsApp recovery, please tell us in the comments.