"Hey, I have a crappy computer that kicks me off the Internet. Therefore, I cannot download iTunes or any other things that take too long. And I have music on Windows Media Player which does not work with iPod. Can anyone tell me how can I put music on my iPod without iTunes?"
This is a post published by Tator on a tech forum. If you also need to transfer music to iPod without iTunes but do not know how, you can refer to this article, in which we focus on how to put music on iPod without iTunes with step-by-step details.
Part 1. Why We Need to Transfer Music on iPod without iTunes
Part 2. How to Put Music on iPod without iTunes
2.1 How to Put Music on iPod without iTunes from Windows 10/11 via iPod Music Transfer
2.2 How to Put Music on iPod without iTunes (No Download) via Dropbox
2.3 How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPod without iTunes via Drag & Drop
2.4 How to Add Music to iPod without iTunes via Finder on Mac
You probably know that you can sync music to iPhone, iPad and iPod using iTunes, which is a default way to add songs or other files to your iDevices. However, many people may want to transfer music to iPod without iTunes, since there are some limitations that iTunes force upon users, let's have a look:
Well, after you get to know the inconvenience and disadvantages of iTunes, you may wonder how to put music on iPod without iTunes on earth. Well, go on reading to find out answers.
Actually, there are other optional ways to add songs to iPod without iTunes. In this part, we are introducing 4 simple and effective ways for you to easily transfer music to iPod without iTunes.
The first way to transfer music from PC to iPod without iTunes is using iPod Music Transfer - a professional iOS data transfer software to sync and manage photos, music, contacts, messages, call logs, videos, notes, calendars, Safari and eBooks between iPhone/iPad/iPod and computer, between iDevices or between iTunes and iDevices or computer. To be specific, with it, you can export music from iPhone/iPod to computer, or import music from computer to iPhone/iPod without running iTunes.
Besides, it is also a music editor. Using it, you can also edit the album cover, artist, genre or other detailed information of music files, convert music format to work for iOS automatically, create music playlist for listening according to your habit, directly delete songs from iPhone to get more storage, open and play iOS music on this software directly.
What's more, you can also transfer photos, music, iTunes U, Podcasts, ringtones, audiobooks, voice memos, playlists, movies, home videos, TV shows, music videos and contacts from computer to iOS. And it also has other four transfer modes and multiple file management features, you will learn more multi-functional features after you install it on your computer. Well, it supports various file types and apps, apart from the files mentioned above, it also supports text messages, Kik, Line, WhatsApp, Viber, Messenger, WeChat, QQ, books, notes, calendars, Safari and call logs.
Moreover, iPod Music Transfer is widely compatible with iOS 6.0 and higher versions (iOS 11/12/13/14/15/16 included) and Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista, such as iPod touch 8/7/6/5/4. Indeed, it is easy to use, completely clean and safe and fast to transfer.
How to put music on iPod without iTunes from Windows 10/11?
1. Download and install iPod Music Transfer on your computer and connect iPod to computer via a USB cable.
2. Click Music from the left window, tap Add + button on the top menu and select the folder you want to transfer from computer.
3. Check the folder and click Open to add music to your iPod. You can also select a subfolder under Music folder to import music into it.
Some cloud storage services can also transfer music to iPod without iTunes. Here we will introduce how to download music on iPod touch without iTunes but Dropbox.
How to add music to iPod without iTunes?
1. Install Dropbox on your computer and iPod device.
2. Sign into Dropbox app with a Dropbox account on your computer, tap + icon from the main interface and tap Upload files to transfer music from computer to Dropbox.
3. Log into Dropbox app on your iPod, find the uploaded music files and download to your iPod.
If the music files you are going to transfer from computer is unprotected, there is also a traditional way to transfer music to iPod without iTunes - drag and drop music files from computer to iPod directly.
Let's see how to transfer music from computer to iPod without iTunes.
1. Connect iPod to computer via a USB cable and if iTunes automatically launches, simply close the program.
2. You may need to trust this computer on your iPod as prompted. Then open My Computer/This PC on your computer, double click iPod and select Tools > Folder.
3. Go to View tab, check Show hidden files under Advanced settings and you will now see a folder named iPod-control. Double click it, select desired music on computer, then drag and drop into this folder.
At last, you can add songs to iPod without iTunes on Mac via Finder. To use this way, you need to disable auto sync option of iTunes in your iPod then follow the guidance below.
How can I sync music on my iPod without iTunes?
1. Plug iPod to Mac via a USB cable.
2. Create a new folder at your desired location on iPod and launch Finder. Then choose the music folder on your Mac.
3. Drag and drop the music files from Mac to the created folder on your iPod.
In this article, we provide four easy ways about how to put music on iPod without iTunes, which one do you prefer? Personally, I highly recommend you to transfer music to iPod without iTunes using the multifunctional iPod Music Transfer, which is absolutely secure, easy to use and fast to transfer. Of course, you can try other possible methods if you are interested.
In addition, if you encounter any problem during use, feel free to leave a comment below.