"I have just purchased a new iPod touch and I am trying to transfer music from old iPod to new iPod without iTunes. I am finding it really really hard to find a simple answer anywhere of how to do this. How do I do this easily and without having to pay and register for a transfer software if possible. My old iPod touch is version 6.1.6 and my new one is 13, if that helps. Thanks for any help."
-- Excerpted from the Apple forum
"How to transfer music from iPod to iPod?" This is the appeal from an iPod owner. Indeed, it is not an easy case for a user to transfer music from an old iPod to a new iPod, although you are an old hand. Do you have the similar experience or are undergoing this scenario? This article will give you a hand on iPod music transfer with two ways respectively. Besides, there will be some petty favours at the end of this article. So, read on for your iPod music transfer.
Part 1: How to Transfer Music from iPod to iPod with iPod Music Transfer
Part 2: How to Transfer Music from iPod to iPod with iTunes
Part 3: Notes on iPod Music Management
As a kind of portable multifunctional digital multimedia players designed by Apple Inc, iPod offers simply and friendly interfaces with many features that are superior to MP3 player. If you want to move the music, is there a tool that can transfer music from old iPod to new iPod without iTunes? Yes, iPod Music Transfer can be a good choice.
Except for what has been mentioned, it also can transfer music from iPod to iPhone or between other iOS-based devices. You may hesitate on the situation like "how do I transfer my music from iPod to iPhone 4" since the version of my iPhone is old. Well, your fear is misplaced.
Besides, if you get an Android-based gadget, it even can solve the problem on "how to transfer songs from iPod to phone with Android system", and vice versa. What's more, it also can help to back up your data. Hooray, is it really that powerful? Can't wait to learn more?
Q1: What iPod models does it support?
A1: It can be used for all the iPod touch models, such as iPod touch 7, iPod touch 6, iPod touch 5, iPod touch 4, iPod touch 3.
Q2: What preparations do I need to make?
A2: Two iPod, two USB cables and one computer.
Q3: After the transfer, does the original music still exist? Will the new iPod support previous music formats?
A3: It's a replication process, and the app can automatically convert the format with the music being available.
Q4: How to transfer music from iPod to iPhone 5/4 or other iPhone series?
A4: You can conduct the same operation as "how to transfer music from iPod to iPod" to be introduced as follows with three easy steps.
The shortest answer is doing. Give your music a new house now?
Now, you may have downloaded the app with Windows platform, but still having troubles in iPod music transfer?
* Step 1. Download and install the smart app on PC. Start it before you can see the window below with source device on the left and target device on the other side.
* Step 2. Connect your two iPods to your computer via USB cables respectively. The interface will show you the source device and the target one. If you find the locations of two iPods are misplaced, please hit "Switch" to correct the position.
* Step 3. Tick the "Media" checkbox, which including the music you want to transfer from. Then click "Start to copy", and the app will conduct the transfer process.
Tips: Here's another method on how to transfer music from old iPod to computer, you can choose it as required.
We know that we can't transfer music from one iPod to iPod/iPhone straightway, but iTunes (8.0 or above) can help us transfer the iPod music library to your computer and sync them to a new iPod. Compared with the iPod Music Transfer that have been mentioned in part 1, to transfer music with iTunes, partly, seems to be a little more complicated. To do this, a playlist of music is required at first.
Want to get music off old iPod onto new computer, and get the music to a new iPod? More clear steps are as follows.
* Step 1. Download and launch iTunes on your computer. Connect your source iPod to PC via USB cable before iTunes identify your device. Then tap iPod item on the left sidebar, choose "Music" and hit "Sync Entire Music Library". Next, disconnect your gadget after the completion of synchronization for iPod.
* Step 2. Click the "Plus" icon on the left bottom to create a playlist. Name it and then press and drag your needed music to the playlist you've just set.
* Step 3. Connect your target iPod to PC via USB cable. Providing iTunes pops up the info like "if you want to sync this iPod to the music library", just tap "Cancel" to refuse. Next, choose the iPod image on the left sidebar and opt for "Music". Then select "Sync Music" and hit the neighbor option - "Selected playlists, artists, and albums".
* Step 4. Choose the playlist you've set and click "Apply" again according to the prompt of iTunes. After that, this tool will transfer songs in the playlist to your destination iPod. It may take you a few minutes.
Tips: The iTunes does not support lossless music formats like ape and flac. Besides, the latest version can't support the backup of videos, music, eBooks and apps.
We've learned two ways to transfer music from iPod to iPod. As we know, iPod, with great sound quality, is an intuitive and easy-to-use device. For instance, we can use it as a external drive, and sometimes we can transfer music from iPod to iPod without PC. In other cases, we wanted the iPod to entertain us better.
* Is it possible to make an iPod a portable hard drive?
If you want to use it as an external drive, download iTunes on PC, then install and open it. Connect the iPod to your computer. You can find your device in the upper left corner of the iTunes interface and tick
"Used as a disk" checkbox, and hit "Synchronization".
* How to transfer music from iPod to iPod without computer?
If you make purchases of the music, sign in iTunes with the same Apple ID on both devices, and then turn on the "Purchased" item. Your purchased music can be downloaded on the other iPod directly.
* How can we make iPod more power-efficient?
Get the lock switch to prevent the iPod from accidentally opening. Charge iPod with the power adapter, or connecting to PC (don't wait until all the electricity is used up). Furthermore, turn off the backlight and hold down the "Menu" button only if necessary until the backlight is on.
* How to keep my iPod more smooth?
To unleash your storage, clear off your unimportant songs regularly. You can clear them away from music library. Moreover, suggest you backing up your precious music with iPod Music Transfer to other device again.
* How to keep my iPod safe?
To keep your iPod safe, you are supposed to switch off "Optimize Storage" option can clean up old tracks. They can't be detected from your iPod as they are hidden in the cloud.
That's all for this post. Let's recap it first. We have talked about the easy and feasible way to transfer music from iPod to iPod with iPod Music Transfer. I believe you have got it, and can apply it on how to transfer/copy songs/music from iPod to iPhone with high proficiency.
Besides, we have also learnt the relatively complex means on iPod music transfer with iTunes, which has some formats limit and seems to be a little time-consuming. Finally, there are some tips for iPod management? Can this article help you address your problems? If not or you've got it, please leave your comments. Some friends may get the same problem as you, and they may be waiting for a reliable software to transfer music.
Effortlessly Transfer Music from iPod to iTunes Library for PC/Mac
How to Transfer Music Files from iPad to iPod?
How to Transfer Apps from Old iPod to New iPod touch?
How to Transfer Music from Android Phone/Tablet to iPod?
Share Media Files (Videos/Photos/Music) from iPod to External Hard Drive